Quantities in Medicine Flower bottles?

Oh no…why are you already disappointed?? The flavors are incredible!

I’m not sure if these shortages are reflected in the ECX Lotus brand of MF flavors. They are selling the 5ml bottles. Hopefully MF will fix this issue, but IDK why there are shortages.

1 Like

Are the MF flavors in glass dropper bottles? I know my supposedly 15ml glass bottles only hold about 12ml comfortably with the dropper in. That doesn’t excuse the missing 3ml for a product you paid for, though. For the price/percentage ratio with these flavors, 3ml is a lot.

3 Likes

Yep. At least they used to several months ago when i ordered all of mine

I have to say i find this interesting, ill check mine as well but i dont have any that i havent used now, mere drops of course. If this is the case i would prefer no dropper in the bottle. If i find the same results i will be emailing them as well. A syringe should be more than accurate enough for measuring these, after all they use them in medical applications.

The SG on these seems to range between 1.02-1.08. I havent measured this myself but someone on the DIY sub has.

To be honest i cant say that i would discontinue use of these if they are unwilling to do anything. I know that is kinda shitty but i feel that there is no better alternative.

1 Like

When I was using a syringe I notice a certain amount is left in the tip. I had a long 14 gauge needle that would hold 3 mls. It was s meat injection needle. I used it for vg because I couldn’t use the narrow tips with vg.

3 Likes

Wow dude, if the company lied to your face you would still do business with them? I have a bunch of stuff I’m going to put up on ebay for you. Lol.

Nah man, to me that’s crazy. I don’t care how good a product is I’m not going to do business with liars. I’ll be waiting to see how this works out. Sending out samples to some and not to the likes of @SthrnMixer already puts a question mark on them for me. Their response will dictate whether I ever purchase their divine flavors.

In addition to @Pro_Vapes observation, I was wondering if @bluenose63 got all of the flavor out of the dropper as well?

2 Likes

I requested my samples at the same time that I requested a wholesale account. I wasn’t genuinely butt hurt about having to pay for the samples. Really just jealous a bit. As I said in another post I told them they may see an uptick in orders and inquiries and asked them to send some free samples to other members of ELR. Here’s part of their response

So pleased that you received them so quickly. At this time we are sending samples with almost every order, and some just have enough to smell and a few drops to taste where others might be a bit more full.

Point is I don’t want to have my words misconstrued that I am upset with Medicine Flower over paying for the samples. Seeing they charged me for them at the same time i asked for the wholesale account doesn’t phase me as simply by asking for that type account I’m essentially telling them I already plan to buy quantity, so from a business standpoint they aren’t having to work for my business as opposed to someone who has yet to show real interest in them. That said, if you aren’t getting a full 15 ml when you’re paying for it i think you should definitely complain to them as the cost per ml certainly does warrant it. If they skimp on 1ml per 15ml bottle that means they make an extra $371 per gallon. At $22/15ml bottles they already make $5564/gallon!

3 Likes

I hear ya but I still buy hard drives despite the rounding the industry does.

3 Likes

Hey, what’s the conversion formula for bytes to ml? :slight_smile: Ha, trick question. There isn’t one because bytes are re-usable :wink:

1 Like

Stahp, you’re making me hungry! :confused:

I did empty the contents of the dripper back into the bottle as well, and the amounts i referred to in my OP was the total amount of liquid I recieved per bottle. I have raised a query with the company to see what they say on the matter.

Will update if I get a reply.

3 Likes

i have also contacted MF, more specifically the rep who contacted me in a previous interaction…i shall, too, post my results…
AND:
i will be posting in the next day or two about another problem i am having with another company…i’m preparing my report on the other problem…it saddens me greatly, but it must be addressed…

1 Like

I await patiently to place my order with MF for a few flavors. I am a finicky ass when it comes to stuff like this. Especially at that high of a price. I will go back to my Flavorah catch-up game until then.

2 Likes

you just might change your mind about FLV after hearing my problem with them…i’ll explain later, i’m still shaving dog-ass right now…

I haven’t bought anything from Flavorah directly. I have been buying from Gremlin DIY.

I apologize if I came across as speaking for you and I appreciate the clarification as I felt they were being unfair to you and @Pro_Vapes…and probably others, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt on the sample thing.

@Ken_O_Where, fair point but everyone else gives us full bottles, so I’d say they are out of the norm. BUT, if you are that sensitive to PG it makes total sense, I would do the same. Man am I glad I’m not sensitive to it. I wonder if their is another vapable humectant.

@SthrnMixer, your point on mixing it down for easier control is one I was making under the Lotus Flavor thread. But, given folks with PG sensitivity (which I always forget is a thing) I suppose I can support the undiluted stuff…the other companies could do the same if they wanted it would seem.

1 Like

Hey weasel, there’s no need to apologize to me about anything!!! I hope everyone always feels free to speak their mind with me. I’m not sensitive at all, I just like things to be accurate and appreciate people calling me out when I make a boo boo. Speaking of sensitivity…

For those sensitive to PG they are already using it in all likelihood with their other flavor concentrates. So maybe don’t go 10% solution, maybe 50. Just something to allow for volume or weight measurement instead of drops. I’m going by weight but have found with the sample bottle glass droppers that roughly 6 drops is 1% in a 15ml mix. So if making a 30ml bottle, 12 drops. I just was pushed away from drops by the fine folks here and refuse to go backward! :slight_smile:

Cool man, I feel the same way, although I was apologizing to you and the forum. I F’n love the vibe on this forum. We can have disagreements, misunderstandings, whatever and folks remain respectful and pretty chill. Me and @Big_Benny_MI had a spirited discussion the other day and I’m pretty sure we are still kosher. I am a little embarrassed about that one, 80% on me it was.

I do agree 100% that selling something so concentrated that it is difficult to measure in useful amounts is sub-optimal. I know my hands would be shaking mixing up a 10% solution of that expensive stuff. It sounds great, I am looking forward to getting a hit off of it in my xmas exchange package.

My college chemistry class was an experiment itself using tiny amounts of reagents and performing micro-experiments. We didn’t use micro-pipetters or anything fancy, just counted drops from simple glass capillaries. They are very repeatable for a given capillary. . .it’s just when comparing your capillary to mine it’s not a great system. Oh, and the liquids need to have the same surface tension, at minimum. I’m saying there are WORSE ways is all.

You know, I just looked up humectants on Wikipedia and it seems like some of them might be viable for diluting juice for those sensitive to PG. . .I dont know how Aloe Vera gel would vape, probably foul a coil pretty quick. . .but sugar alcohols maybe. Anyone reading should be aware that xylitol kills dogs though. I know, my geek is showing a little. What sucks is that PG and VG are well studied for inhalation and, at worst, are considered nuisance vapors. I dont know about the other stuff, Come to think of it aloe is probably a bad idea for deep-water sub-ohming, I’m thinking combustion byproducts. I’m a huge proponent of PG, it KICKS the flavor. I tried to convert to max VG, but I just cant do it. I think it’s also why my juices don’t seem to need to steep. . .more than a few days anyway. So I feel kinda bad for those that cant rock the PG.

1 Like

Your gift is en route…if you desire a tracking number, I can make that happen…
The MedicineFlower you seek, is inside this package…2 different flavors, mixed at 1%

1 Like

Oh, hells yeah! Tracking number, meh, if you feel like typing it in sometime. I like surprises. Thank you very, very much, you are a generous man. Now I get to see what all the hype is about without taking out a second mortgage.

I just bought a BUNCH in INW, several in 4oz bottles. . .I sorta forgot that was the same size bottles that I mix my GOOD ADV juices in! That’s 120ml. . .of flavor, its pretty ridiculous. . .but they were $11.50, so I couldnt pass it up. I think you instigated that marriage rousing purchase as well, my friend. Haha.

1 Like