Quest for Throat Hit

Hi… I’m new at mixing and I’m after throat Hit only. Made my first mix at 70 PG 30 VG and 6% Nic. Mixed, shaken, steeped. When I vape it doesn’t have the TH kick I’m looking for. It doesn’t even come close to say… Ecblends 7 leaf tobacco at 60% PG which I vape as MTL. My flavours are PG based and about 10%.

Can anyone help me with my TH quest?

1 Like

Something like FA Flash (formerly BiteXtra) is what you’re looking for:

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/flavourart-concentrates/4010-flash-hit-enhancer.html

5 Likes

Try your original mix @ 60pg 40vg

PG will add to throat hit / flavour
VG will give you more clouds

1 Like

@Grubby He said he mixed it 70 PG, so I’m guessing that’s not the issue.

Check out the ELR resources page, Master Mixer’s Tips and Tricks. This is from there and one of these might help:

Adding Throat Hit
Most of us are suckers for a good punch in the back of the throat :wink:

Flavors known to add extra throat hit:

• Horchata by Capella
  • Most cinnamon flavors
  • Ecto Cooler
  • Flavors that use capsaicin (the strong component of chilies).
  • Menthols - See futher up.
  • Some say that adding a bit of vodka to your mix will enhance TH.
5 Likes

His original mix was 70PG @Grubby

2 Likes

Ninja’d by @JoJo :smiley:

5 Likes

Burn a coil… (joking)

5 Likes

I find menthol gives a great throat hit.

3 Likes

Acidic Berries, Lemon, Mint and Menthol… Look for Menthol recipes on here with a lot of stars.

2 Likes

Agree with @JoJo there, make a nice citrusy lemonade with some Ecto Cooler and a touch of koolada, you’ll feel that alright, :+1::dash::lemon::snowflake:

2 Likes

Thanks for all comments… I really thought as we all read that PG = TH.
Well I think it’s not 100% true. It’s a good carrier of flavor and great for viscosity.
I will have to try all the suggestions…
Thank you again :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

My 2 cents: try more nicotine. If that’s an option for you :wink:

Personally I find peppermints and methols and the like to completely cancel out throat hit… but maybe that’s just me

2 Likes

Ha Hahahaha when I see 70 & 30 I just automatically think VG PG.

reminds himself to slow down

6 Likes

Thanks @Naseschwarz and @Grubby.
I will try more Nicotine too. You might be right. The 7 leaf I use is 18mg

1 Like

Well there ya go. While PG does influence the throat hit - it’s not near as much as 18mg of good ole St. Nic.

4 Likes

St. Nick…yep. You gotta wonder, right?

1 Like

I can sell him a bunch of those. I’m notorious for watching TV in the dark and not noticing my tank go empty.(once the TV is on tanks are supposed to be self filling right?)

2 Likes

I’m so clumsy I HAVE to use vape bands, more the better as I’ve smashed so many tanks, so I run dry more often than not just because I can’t see the damn tank!..usually when I’m driving, the looks I get when I turn my face inside out after a dry hit whilst sat in traffic…:confounded:

1 Like

if your not into menthal or mints and what not, give peach a try. I find most peach flavors have quite a throat hit. here is a good recipe with a throat hit. i would use juicy peach by capella.

Sakura 52 : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/822501/saved

2% Cream Whipped (FA)
2% Marshmallow (TPA)
2% Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA)
2% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
2% White Peach (FA)

Flavor total: 10%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/6A01

good luck on your quest

3 Likes

Don’t ever get a Delta tank then the damn thing is so hard to see the liquid in at my advanced age anyway.

1 Like