RDA for newish vaper

Hi all,

I’ve read on RDAs but am still confused. Is there a really simple RDA for inexperienced people, that is not too technically advanced? I have 3 vapes: Vaporesso Nano 3, Vaporesso Pro and Geek Vape Aegis Legend 2. Anything compatible with these? Or do I have to purchase a whole other box? Anything to recommend? I don’t want to electrocute myself haha. I’d like to use RDA to test vape juice. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is an already answered question that I didn’t read on here.

John

4 Likes

You don’t need to get another mode. My first rda was a dead rabbit. You cut the leads of the coil at 5mm , drop them in, tighten the screws, easy to wick. I’ve upgraded a bit but I still use a dead rabbit, just the pro. Still the same easy to build. I test single flavors on that. I know most people prefer single coil to test on so I’m sure you’ll get more people chiming in on that. The Elderdragon is a single coil, great flavor, but hard to find. Same with the Hadley or citadel, hard to find but great flavor. Good luck!

6 Likes

Thank you @Lynda_Marie I appreciate the suggestions. Will have a look and see if I can find some of those. Will let you know what I end up with.

John

5 Likes

I think you need to specify what type of vape you enjoy the most. Do you prefer MTL (Mouth-to lung, similar to smoking a cig) or Direct Lung (big clouds)? You might also like a restricted DL (RDL which can be a nice middle-ground dripper). With many of today’s atomizers, you can get very good flavor from all the different types regardless of MTL, DL or RDL. You-tube has tons of videos on how to build for each and on the many different models of drippers, not to mention a ton of knowledge right here on ELR.
A good one that is still available (AFAIK) is the Asgard Mini. Easy to build on using one or two coils, nice cloudy mouth-feel, and fantastic flavor. There are many many others, but that’s a personal favorite of mine.

5 Likes

@Lostmarbles and @Lynda_Marie like both mtl and dtl. For my first order, I went with this:

Hopefully that will be good to start with. Will try a mtl one later. Gonna take a bit since it’s Health Cabin from China, but that will give me time to buy all the other things I need before I can even use them (tester, wire, cotton etc). Looking forward to it!

Any comments on the rda’s that I bought? Thanks in advance,

John

6 Likes

Good choices John. I’d recommend looking at You-tube vids to get an idea of how to coil them and different coil types. Welcome to going a little further down the rabbit-hole.

4 Likes

Yeah hehe I think I’m already rather addicted. Have spent lots of money already. 3 mods, numerous pods, coils, commercial juices, diy stuff (flavors, nic, bases) now rda’s…when will it end lol? Still have to get freebase nic (got nic salt nic already)a coil master tester, wire, cotton etc… oh yeah and MORE flavors hahaha!

John

4 Likes

It really doesn’t. There’s always something newer, something that fits better, looks better etc.
The rabbitt hole starts with a shovel but evolves into this:

Untitled

6 Likes

Yup, I’m in there now, but loving it. It’s so exciting!!! Plus the amount of $$$ that im saving not smoking cigs is just phenomenal!!!

4 Likes

I dont think theres anything more simple and easy to set up as a dead rabbit solo and it also has amazing flavor

5 Likes

@STR8V8PING good to hear, that’s why I got it, sounded simple. The others are to have a variety…that’s my addiction talking heheh

3 Likes

Its my favorite rda. The wide open posts make it so fast to build and wick. It has a nice deep well so you can just pour juice into it and not need to worry about overdripping or leaking. As simple as the deck is it performs so well with the built in chamber reducer in the cap. Imo as perfect a design as you can get. Its a real no fuss flavor banger . I do highly recomend using n80 3x28x37 alien coils in it cut at 5mm and wicking it slightly loose. Tons of flavor.

4 Likes

@STR8V8PING

I couldn’t find any wire in any online stores so I went on ebay and found some nichrome 80 26 awg that I bought. Will that do the job? If not I can always get what you suggested, which I will do anyhow since you say its really good flavor, but can I use the nichrome 80 26 awg to start off with?

3 Likes

26 will be a good start. No need to make fancy coils starting out. All you will need to do is wind the wire on a 3.0/3.5.MI screw driver shaft. The more winds you put on the coil the higher the Ohms. Figure out (the Ohms) where you like to test at and it becomes wash and repeat making your coils. When you get more practice and want to build for DTL just ask.

4 Likes

It should depending on the wire. What brand is it? You can use the clapton that comes with the dr solo. Its not horrible but imo not nearly the flavor i get with good aliens but everyones different.

3 Likes

@rcleven thanks for the reply. Will let you know how it goes, but won’t be for a bit, waiting for the shipment from China (Health Cabin). :wink:

3 Likes

@STR8V8PING the brand is Wireoptim.

4 Likes

Wireoptim has good wire

4 Likes

Got 500’ of it haha

1 Like

Five wraps on a 4.0mm bit will give you 0.38 Ohms for the Nichrome 80 36ga you bought, if using dual coils. That’s four full wraps in the middle with a 1/2 wrap on each side for 5 wraps, both legs coming off the same side of the coil.

2 Likes