Real Flavors, opinions on the Super Concentrates vs. the VG mixes?

Am looking to try a few of the Real Flavors flavorings, and have read up on all the threads here with tasting notes. Overall they seem to be regarded fairly well. The “About” doesn’t reveal many details, but from what I can gather, they have two choices, Alcohol based Super Concentrated flavorings, or VG mixes ??

I’d prefer (if I’m right ^^^^^), to just get the concentrates, and work out my VG/PG on my own. I’ve read all of the flavor tasting notes, but many flavors are not yet reviewed. I realize the VG mixes require much higher % than the concentrates, which leads me back to wanting just the flavors.

Anyone have any additional thoughts on RF either the concentrates, or the VG mixes ? Any MUST haves, or def. not flavors ??

4 Likes

SC > VG. Not all of the VG flavors are yet available in the SC line but Walt said they are working on switching everything over to the SC line (he said 17 new SC flavors are coming out this week alone). I think he also said the VG line is being phased out but I could have mis read/interpreted that so don’t take my word for it. The only SC flavor I have seen anyone comment poorly on was just now in the other thread @Skullblade789 said he didn’t like the Butterscotch. I like all of the SC flavors I have tried so far (41 on hand, 19 more arrive tomorrow) though some of the beta v2 flavors I didn’t like as much as the original v1’s of those same flavors.

6 Likes

I have a ton of the VG flavorings that i will never use again for vaping. I would rather repurchase the SC version as they are easier to work with and to pin down the proper %.

Its not that the VGs are bad but they are more difficult to use as a result of the long curing times and their viscosity.

The SCs, IMO, are ranked up there with the best flavoring manufacturers. They are replacing many of my old favorites.

Also, from what Walt mentioned, some of the SCs contain various carrier liquids, a combination of several in some cases.

He did say something along those lines, perhaps it was in jest. @Walt_RealFlavors could you clarify this please?

7 Likes

Apple (SC) (Real Flavors)
Banana (SC) Real Flavors
Black Raspberry (SC) (Real Flavors)
Blueberry (SC) (Real Flavors)
Brownie Batter (SC) (Real Flavors)
Cola Type (SC) (Real Flavors)
Condensed Milk (SC) (Real Flavors)
Cream Soda (SC) (Real Flavors)
Eggnog (SC) (Real Flavors)
French Vanilla Premium (SC) (Real Flavors)
Fried Dough (SC) (Real Flavors)
Ginger Ale (SC) (Real Flavors)
Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors)
Honey (SC) (Real Flavors)
Molasses (SC) (Real Flavors)
Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors)
Peach (SC) (Real Flavors)
Peanut Butter (SC) (Real Flavors)
Pear (SC) (Real Flavors)
Pineapple (SC) (Real Flavors)
Raspberry (SC) (Real Flavors)
Root Beer Fountain Style (SC) (Real Flavors)
Shortbread Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors)
Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors)
Sweet Potato (SC) (Real Flavors)
Vanilla Custard (SC) (Real Flavors )
White Chocolate (SC) (Real Flavors)
Yumberry (SC) (Real Flavors)

BETA

Bread Pudding V2 (SC BETA) (Real Flavors)
Butterfinger (SC BETA) (Real Flavors)
Paczki (SC BETA) (Real Flavors)

I have tested most of these and of them the only one that i probably wouldnt buy again would be Bread Pudding V2, tho the jury is still out on that one…

10 Likes

Yes he did say the lab was now completely switched to sc production - which will probably mean a sale on the vg stuff (possibly because @Walt_RealFlavors loves a good sale lol )

8 Likes

Seriously, i dont know who loves the sales more, he or us!

5 Likes

VG flavors are beung phased out of our retail site. You can always get them from resellers but we will be focusing more and more on super concentrates.

Yes there are 17 new flavors and you know there will be a sale of some sorts haha (ps… it starts tmrw haha)

Lol now back to the lab… working on butter pecan syrup haha

14 Likes

Fozzy, Ken, and Walt, and woftam, LIGHTNING fast responses here. I gotta cup o joe, refreshed, and did a DOUBLE TAKE !!! Fozzy, good feedback, and thanks for the heads up on the ONE non-stellar (of many) reviews/testing notes. 41, whew, that carries some weight with that large of a group. Thank you.

Ken, you Sir, are a MADMAN, and a respected madman at that. I’m going to have to have you PM me your home number, so when my wife demands to know “What, you need MORE flavors” !!! I can deflect her, hehe. When you drop the list that you did, and make statements to the effect, “…replacing many of my fav’s…”, that’s saying something.

I didn’t really look or read hard into the “beta” thing yet, but saw mention of v1, v2. Similar to CAP’s, dik. vs. dik free ?? I see you didn’t have any french toast in your mega list, and I have an abosolute PROBLEM with French Toast, … I can’t get enough, and I can’t seem to make one good enough to ADV !!! Thanks Ken.

Walt, (nice to meet you), this goes without saying, but it DOES say a lot when a vendor gets actively involved on DIY forums, helping out, and yes, selling product, but it’s very encouraging to see the active responses. Thank you. P.S. If you need any French Toast Beta testers, … I’m your guy.

8 Likes

Ken, forgot… Seeing as though we both seem to be favoring the SC route, what has been your % mix experience with them being super concentrated ?? 0.5 - 2.0 % ??

2 Likes

I have 86 Rf Sc at the moment and very few i wouldn’t get again. I concur with Ken’s list but would add coconut and coconut spiced rum , blood orange, kiwi and a few others - hell just buy them all lol.

Yes the sf is generally between .5 and 2 %

5 Likes

I hate to come in here. All his flavors are going to be SC now. He is phasing out as we speak. I am the ONE I guess with the negative review.

3 Likes

@Ken_O_Where, I have the Bread Pudding SC because some anonymous DIYer generously sent me some RF to try out. Thanks if you are reading this. I was disappointed with it because the flavor to me is nothing like the VG based type. I really like that one only thing was I couldn’t let it sit long. It would go mute and harsh after a couple of weeks but as long as it was fairly fresh, it was great stuff. I was hoping the SC would be the duplicate alternate but sadly, for myself, it is not. The Blueberry Pastry I received is next to try out.

3 Likes

For the most part all of their flavorings are diketone free, with a few exceptions. The V2s are reworked flavorings, the Bread Pudding V2 is completely different than V1. I like it but not as much as the original, i can see myself using it tho as it worked well in a PB&J sammich mix i made.

Ive been afraid to get any of their cinnamon based flavorings as the VGs made me cough. BUT that may very well have been a result of improper mixing %s, i realize this after a discussion in chat with someone who had the same issue and lower the %s fixed it. So now ill be grabbing the cinnamon stuff, if it still happens i can always send them to someone else.

These flavorings are replacing many of my favorites from all the big companies including Medicine Flower, tho the creams need a bit of help, in some cases, as the ones that are full of diketones, VC V1 and the likes, are much creamier so i use them with the SC stuff.

4 Likes

I have the butterscotch and quite like it i don’t find an off note with it (but that is likely my taste rather than anything else) - i nearly always cut it with some brown sugar or caramel.

4 Likes

Some of them a bit lower and a few, very few, a bit higher.

Hmm, so maybe it wasnt my mixing %s after all then. Some of us seem to be sensitive to one of the chemicals that make up the cinnamon. Thanks for the input, bud.

4 Likes

See I added no sweetner. Just straight.

2 Likes

Hmm i didnt get an off note from the sf - i wonder if the formula has changed since i got mine

1 Like

Never an issue Skullblade. Speak it like you feel it, no other way to do it.

3 Likes

You don’t know me very well, LMAO!!!

Not a bad thing either. I am tiny bit, just a little, opinionated. A few people can testify to that.

6 Likes

French Toast “PERK” Trying to clone a FT juice is what brought me here in the first place and it’ll be an on going thing as the store juice I’m after must be filled with crack cocaine as I simply can’t stay away from it. LOL. Vape it, Eat it, Bath in it.
Come the first of the month I’ll get to order again so it’s time to start making the list and checking it. Oh you know where this is going.

2 Likes