Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Lol you crack my shit up. Hahahhahah shiggles.

3 Likes

The watermelon is more of a tame flavor, more like a melon than watermelon for me, definitely not sweet. I can see using it but not for a normal watermelon flavor, I prefer CAP sweet watermelon or LA watermelon, those are both a little more candy like which is that I prefer. I did see @woftam recommendation to add SB and some stevia to it, that would definitely liven it up.

4 Likes

Anyone try the RFSC Coconut? I have a recipe I have been vaping all day and love it but the only ingredient NOT RFSC is INW Cocopilada. I don’t have the RFSC Coconut but was wondering if it is worth it to add to my hoarding pile of flavors

3 Likes

Cocopilada is a coconut with pineapple hints where rf sc coconut is more of a semi sweet cream coconut so they are not really the same flavour. That said yes both of them are great flavours for me

6 Likes

For my personal tastes, I think the CM VG version is strong.

Cream, cream pie, orange cream, creamsicle. I thinks it’s because it doesn’t have diketones maybe? But I LOVE the SCM. Everything else maybe I need to kick up the percentage. Haven’t tried the SC. But the cream is weak to me. All there creams are very weak to me. Maybe I need to copy you and do some more testing at higher percentages on them. Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Coconut (SC) at 1.5% in a tester was a nice sweet coconut. It did not have an after bite and was more on the taste of semi sweet or sweet coconut that you purchase for cooking, not a “raw” taste. At 1.5% as a single flavor it was vapeable with a nice rich flavor but not overly powering. I use it in replace of coconut extra which I can not vape and am very happy with it. I just did a finger test of the sampler I had mad on 12/29/2016 and the flavor has faded on it by about 1/3rd (2 months ago a finger test was stronger) Using that as a guide I would say if mixing for juice that would be vapped within a 2-2.5 month period it shouldn’t pose any issues, if you were planning on not vaping the juice for 4 months you might consider SLIGHTLY increasing the percentage or adding the ingredient halfway through the steep.

EDIT:
The flavor notes I have in my database for the ingredient is…
The SC Coconut has a nice smooth flavor at that percentage.
I wouldn’t use it as an all day vape, just too plain, but it does have a good
semi-sweet coconut flavor on the profile of what you would purchase for
cooking or baking, the sweet flaked coconut. I am not getting a “bite”,
but the flavor does seem to linger for awhile in the mouth, at this percentage
it isn’t unpleasant (which is what I get from Coconut (Extra) to the point I can’t
use it at all even in small amounts). All in all it seems to be a good flavor to play
with for a bit of sweetness and would most likely be a good addition to cookie
and/or candy type recipes… after adding to some Bust a nut, the jury is still out
if (at least in the percentage I’ve used), it may have made it too sweet or candy like.

4 Likes

I finally got around to trying the key lime pie out. I made it at 3% 70pg/30vg. At 10 days steeped, gives a up front key lime flavor, mostly the zest. Then right behind that is a graham cracker taste. The creams haven’t developed much yet for me, though they are present. This flavor is turning into something pretty good. My initial snv was not so good :joy: Had an odd note, perhaps the key lime not playing well w/the graham cracker. But w/time, I feel this is developing into a great flavor

3 Likes

You should try Bread Pudding SC V2, it’s a day and night comparison.
i does not need to steep that long either , it got to its full potential in 7 days.
I believe this can stand on its own and i am still breaking my head on what to use or mix with it.
Finally i made some samples with their SC Vanille ice cream and SC Cinnamon Custard to see if expand the use of it, but for now it’s a little jewel on its own.

On a side note, the SC Coconut spiced Rum is my favourite, i used it in several recipes that are posted under my profile.
cheers…

7 Likes

You should try Bread Pudding SC V2, it’s a day and night comparison.
i does not need to steep that long either , it got to its full potential in 7 days.
I believe this can stand on its own and i am still breaking my head on what to use or mix with it.
Finally i made some samples with their SC Vanille ice cream and SC Cinnamon Custard to see if expand the use of it, but for now it’s a little jewel on its own.
Big thanks for the reviews :wink:

On a side note, the SC Coconut spiced Rum is my favourite, i used it in several recipes that are posted under my profile.
cheers…

1 Like

I did. Can’t stand it. Has an off taste too me that is offensive. All I get it baked bread crust and some weird seasoning that doesn’t taste like cinnamon.

I love the bread pudding V1 VG version. Haven’t tried the SC yet until I burn through my stock. I mix it with Cap Vanilla Whipped or a Vanilla sauce I made to change things up sometimes. But most the time I single flavor it.

2 Likes

V1 in VG or SC are the Canadian based bread puddings, SC V2 is a new version based on the American version. While bread pudding 1 is based on a Canadian recipe, we really wanted to get a different view of this homemade treat. These is no maple in this blend and includes more raisins and frosting, at least according to their own saying :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the northern part of the country, or just that part of the local area… no bread pudding I ever had tasted like that lol
Okay to be honest I haven’t tried a finger test of the sampler I made of it 5 weeks ago, I probably should…
Okay, off note is still there. I will say that it (and there was one other flavor that had that note… French Toast v2, finger test confirmed) are the only ones that I can really say I disapprove of, which means I most likely won’t use.

2 Likes

So some of the flavors crystallize when you place them in the fridge?

2 Likes

Well, the pudding I grew up eating is almost exactly V1. We did have raisins in ours though, but no frosting. I wonder if that is what I can’t stand in the V2? The raisin along with the lack of creaminess and too much bread crust.

I’m working on another pif set, and I’ve already thrown v2 in that pile :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just a few do but they go back to liquid form when you take them out off the top of my head AP and Tpa Malted milk have been the ones that always don

3 Likes

Semi sweet cream coconut…ok, that sounds delicious

Thanks for helping me spend more money @woftam hahaha

6 Likes

Did you get the beta version of the bread pudding V2? I am pretty sure @Walt_RealFlavors said they made some changes to it from the beta. I got the beta as well and don’t like it at all.

3 Likes

I have to agree, any of my flavors where I have both the v1 and v2, the v2’s haven’t worked out so good. Don’t have them all, but the ones I do, I vote for v1.

4 Likes

Has anyone who has both the VG and SC version of Bread Pudding V1 and Cinnamon Custard that the SC versions the cinnamon is overpowering? I did not get that with the VG versions which I loved, it was more balanced, with the SC I mostly taste cinnamon and hardly anything else.

2 Likes

Yes, it was the beta. But I’ll stick with what I know, I really like the V1. I wish he sold them in smaller sizes. I’ve had a lot of duds, and it really hits hard at $7 a bottle. There are a couple of vendors starting to sell the SC’s. I might start buying from them. Less expensive until I know if I like it. These are also so concentrated the 30mls will probably go bad long before I use them all.

6 Likes