Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 2)

Thanks for saving me on those. They are my 2 favorites, and I was using my existing VG ones before getting the SC’s. I’ll stick to the VG versions :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh I see. So do you still refrigerate the majority of your flavors?

I’m new here, so this is definitely valuable information. If so, then I think it is a good idea if you buy flavors bigger than 16oz and don’t plan on using all of them. Especially fruit flavors - as I’ve come to find out most fruit flavors are very volatile and flavor escapes from them easier.

2 Likes

Each box is designated for a company, and from there I check a handful at a time.

1 Like

yes i refrigerate everything i keep my fridge set on the warmest setting which put the temp between 48 and 50 degrees f

3 Likes

The shelf life of a flavor will vary widely. It is best to follow this guide. To find the exact date of manufacture, please refer to your lot number and our COA guide found on our website. http://realflavors.com/COA-SDS/findcoa.php

Super Concentrates have a shelf life of 12-18 months (60F° to 72F°) and up to 4 years if refrigerated. Never freeze flavors, this will cause some separation, and the flavor may “break” causing you never to get them to mix again. VG based flavors will follow this same rule but can be exposed to a high daily temperature.

Be sure to store all flavors in a cool, dark place away from sources of direct sunlight heat and flame; pigments in the flavor (from the natural extracts) tend to fade or discolor over time when exposed to sunlight. This fading is normal and is to be expected. Flavor bottles can explode in temperatures inside the container reach above 150F° from evaporation. For long-term storage, refrigerate, and then allowing the flavor to return to room temperature before opening or using the flavor.

I know it is all over the place but it is the best reply I have lol

12 Likes

ive always wondered if steeping a mixed juice in a fridge is fine , what is your thought ?? will it react the same as putting it in a closet or wherever i use a box lol

4 Likes

Thank you for this Walt. I just purchased some of your flavors this past weekend. I look forward to trying them.

4 Likes

Refrigeration will slow down oxidation and other natural processes. Now with steeping you just want the flavors to blend well and are not as worried about those processes. With that said my concern would be that your liquid would thicken up a bit at super low temperatures not allowing flavors to move as freely. I think the best way would be still a cool dark place but excellent question. May take some testing.

Makes me think of ice cream making. Your ingredients are super warm when they blend to get everything moving and mixed well, and then they cool it product quickly. (That is how they make the flavors saturate correctly)

5 Likes

this was my concern i guess ill test something ugh testing always testing lol ,

2 Likes

since i dont add the nicotine until steeping is over i could warm the juice up and put in fridge to see what results i get as well , the only heat i ever apply is the heat caused by friction from the mag mixer so this will be interesting

3 Likes

Purilum Watermelon without question is the best
Lorann is also good and very neutral- maybe a combo of the two. If you want straight watermelon candy try FW

5 Likes

Have and love both PUR and LA Watermelon (Watermelon is my favorite) but I think I vaped taste buds into oblivion on the FW Watermelon and cannot enjoy it anymore. Either that, or I am not using it at the same % as the vape shop that sold a mix that contained it. Once I finally got my hands on the correct concentrate, I couldn’t get it to taste as smooth.

I do miss the FW verion and have it on hand. What is a good % that you use it at? Too high, and it feels like it has a tiny bit of menthol/ cooling agent and is harsh. Too low, and it does not have enough flavor.

Anyway, I do have Natures Flavors Watermelon on the way as I was told it is realistic and only the red part (no rind). Excited for it. (Unless, @Walt_RealFlavors can create a better version of the red part of the watermelon with no rind?.. Pretty please?)

2 Likes

Oops i meant FW watermelon candy… I think 7% is the best %. FW watermelon probably less maybe 4% not a big fan of that one though…

2 Likes

Tried FW Watermelon Candy when I first started DIY and I remember it being very bland… might have to buy it again.

As for FW Watermelon, yeah, that seems to be the consensus. Maybe something like Ethyl Maltol will make it a bit more bearable… Love the flavor, hate the mouth-feel it gives/ the slight menthol effect it has.

Oh yeah, Real Flavor thread. Sorry all.

Sugar Cookie- At 3%, this was a very welcome addition to my collection. No off notes after two weeks, tasted good right away though it has gotten a bit more rich with time. May try bumping it up but 3% provided enough of a sugar cookie flavor. Similar to CAP Sugar Cookie V2 but instead of only smelling good but not tasting the same, I really enjoyed the RF SC Sugar Cookie. Definitely my go-to sugar cookie. Can see plenty of uses for this, it is sweet on its own and a bit sweeter than the Shortbread Cookie with just as many uses. No Acetyl Pyrazine taste to this.

6 Likes

I tried RF super concentrated Blueberry… mixed at 3% 50vg/50 pg 6mg nic… steepted for 7 days as a standalone… only getting very slight notes…any recommendations?

2 Likes

Mixed mine at the same percentage, pulling it out now to try it…

Blueberry-
See, tasting it now, I get the same slight notes you are getting. I actually vaguely reminds me of the RF SC Blue Raspberry in the way that it tastes. Others got a very good Blue Raspberry whereas I only got slight hints of it.

To me, the Blueberry doesn’t exactly scream ‘Blueberries’, so you are not the only one. I bought the Blueberry in hopes of replacing my MF Blueberry, but I don’t get very much real blueberry.

It is a good Blueberry though, I could see using it in a candy recipe, but if you were attempting to make blueberry muffins or a blueberry pie, it does lack some of the realistic qualities.

4 Likes

@Ashish @Pentine

What setup are you both using ? I test vaped mine a while back @ 2.5% but with 2 weeks on a basic Steam Crave RDTA v.1 and was getting pretty heavy blueberry. Simple claptons, simple cotton, nothing fancy @ maybe 40w.

8 Likes

I am on Nautlius 2 1.6 ohms. But i will give it another week to see if it improves.

2 Likes

Velocity V2 with two coils. 6 wraps each, stapled twisted Clapton wire (kanthal). Using it on a wismec rx200s at 5.75 volts.

Your post is actually the one that made me buy the blueberry so I am surprised as well.

3 Likes

@Pentine @Ashish

Just like strawberry there is a blueberry black hole. In Bluenana Custard my wife says she can barely taste the BB combination i used yet i taste it just fine. If it was just her id just write it off as her being krazy, all those years with me will do that to a person.

Now the new Bluenana tester i made using 2% BB SC and .2% BB MF she says is overpowering and to me it is right on.

@BoDarc Will tell you that just a dash of banana will perk up a BB mix and he isnt wrong.

Blueberry Lemonade Slushie

0.25% Banana (SC) (Real Flavors)
2.5% Blueberry Lemonade Slushie (SC) (Real Flavors)
0.2% Liquid Stevia (Pyure)

Flavor total: 2.95%

I had a bit of an issue tasting the BB the way i wanted to in that mix so i dropped in a bit of banana SC instead of more BB and magik…

14 Likes