Real Flavour: Super concentrated?

Not exactly. I’ve noticed inconsistencies but never really put my finger on the cause which could be a lot of things.

1 Like

Oh I’ve definitely had issues with RF.
I can’t attribute them to temperature during (or after) storage though. All I’ll say is I’ll no longer purchase them (from VG based, to the first rollout of the extracts, to the current “super concentrates”.)

Others, like @woftam have experienced success in using their products though.

3 Likes

it seems really weak. While flavour testing I had to push it to 8% to get a proper hit. This happens to be the optimum for the VG version too. When I added this 8% into a mix, it just diluted it all as I was assuming it was a PG. Realise now the flavour base is a mix of distilled water and other stuff. But there is no VG.

2 Likes

Really appreciate everyone’s help and advice so thanks a million guys.

2 Likes

Many many people have had similar experiences and to my knowledge no one has found a solution. I quit using them. There are issues with fading in and out, aftertaste, not mixing well with other brands, and a general consensus that people are unable to achieve a desired flavor intensity at any percentage. The causes are unknown to me. I simply moved on. But as @Sprkslfly said, others have had good results. I wondered for quite awhile if the problem was in quality control, but I just don’t know.

The vendors listed here take good care of ELR members. So contacting them with the problem is surely the best way to go. Personally, I don’t like to speculate especially in situations like this because it could complicate matters and make it worse than it already is. I spent a lot of time and money with these products and decided it was best for me to move on to other things. But what works for one may not work for another.:smile:

Edit. I should add that with the VG based products many people have had to go up to or beyond 20% to get a decent mix. So the optimum is IMO nothing more than wishful thinking for ejuice. That percentage does work for cooking and that is also a mystery to me.

1 Like

FSome RF fade and some sustain.

Notorious faders for me are Yumberry and Strawberry. That being said, they are the two I use the most of.

This recipe by @woftam is one of my favorites but i find I am making smaller batches of it because after a 5 week steep it leaves me with 2 weeks to vape it before the yumberry fades.

Anther favorite by @Lolly also finds the strawberry fading. I step this 2 weeks and have 4 weeks or so before the strawberry fades from the mix.

Despite the flavor fade, both of those flavors are special and delicious and I will continue to buy and use them.

Some of the ones that hold up for me have been Blue Raz, Sangria and Grape. I still have a few to single flavor test.

8 Likes

what would you recommend as a more reliable sub for sugar cookie as I was using it to add weight to cap sugar cookie then I had flv cookie dough as the base of the cookie layer ( flv cookie dough never sits in the mI’d layers I find. Would cap or fw cake batter do?

1 Like

I’ve purchased quite a few Real Flavors SC, based on both reviews and good faith.
None of them have lived up to the hype. Especially their VC, Shortbread and Strawberry.
Weeks of steeping at double the average usage and I just barely got a smidgen of flavoring.
It’s like we used to say when smoking shitty weed…“Did you get a buzz yet”?
“Nah man, I didn’t even get a ding!” …same with RF (SC). :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Shisha Vanilla(INW) 1.5%
Biscuit(INW) 1.5%
Cookie(FA) .5%

I like this for a sugar cookie type vape. Possibly add some FLV Frosting. While I’ve never tried it, the cake batter seems like it would add weight. I’m a big fan of FlavourArt and Inawera and never much liked Cap sugar cookie though I use it sometimes with FA cookie added.

3 Likes

Cheers for the tips dude!

2 Likes

I will. It’s Rainbow Vapes. I recognise the bottle.

@woftam , their bottles look different because they re-bottle them. Officially, I hasten to add! Walt recommends them!

I’ve had dozens of RF flavours from that company. No issues thus far. They are, as pgall says, a good company.

Yep, they were still selling the old RF VG , last I checked. There’s an outside chance of bottling error. But I think it’s more likely of the issues listed already in this thread: duff flavour, not long enough steep; fast fader (hence too long a steep! :rofl: ); lack of consistency between manufacturer’s batches.

2 Likes

How long does it take for RF SC sugar cookie to steep? The bottle I have is definitely PG. The thing is, when I added it to my cookie mix, it diluted the whole lot. A week later though, I vaped the same mix and it tastes ok. weird.

1 Like

SC isn’t PG. it’s superconcentrated. That is, the flavour extract is not diluted by anything at all, neither VG, nor PG . Please don’t call; it “PG” or you’ll scare off people like me (PG- allegic!) :rofl:

I’m not familiar with that particular flavour. (Are there no notes on it in the Flavour List here? ) but that’s not unusual for a flavour to mute other flavours, neither is it unusual for the flavour of the mix to change completely after a bit of steeping. Glad the muting effect wasn’t permanent!

That might be worth adding to the flavour notes.

2 Likes

oh, really? it isn’t VG? Sorry about that misnomer. I was wondering what it was because I thought it was diluted water, couldn’t figure it out. But the Sugar Cookie has steeped in again, so to speak. Weird stuff. You learm something new in the game every day! Many thanks for your sound advice and tips. When the recipe is finished, i’ll send it on to you. Working on a honey-nut oatmeal crunch using RF Oatmeal cereal.

3 Likes

It does have alcohol and pdo though.

2 Likes

I am aware of the fact they are rebottled my comment was directed at the contents and the color of the contents.

The op didn’t want to name the company probably because he wanted to see if he could sort it out with them without any damage to their rep so do you really think it adds to the conversation you calling them out?

2 Likes

I named the company , because even the OP said they’re a good company, which opinion I wholeheartedly agree with. And if a company’s rep got damaged every time one customer had a problem with one bottle of flavour, and suspected there was something wrong with it, then the whole lot of them would be totally down the tubes by now.

it was silly, and counterproductive, IMO, to shy away from naming them, just as if suddenly this thread makes the company look shady. It doesn’t, and it never did.

Personally I don’t think it is a fair thing to call out any company until they have had a chance to fix a perceived problem and so it appear does the OP. Sure you do what you want, who are we to step in the way of your ability to disseminate information (or misinformation in this case)

Since you said you posted in the community interest let me correct a few things in your post for you.

1. Sugar cookie is not a ‘duff flavour’ it is quite good when used correctly (not saying the op didn’t originally use it correctly)
  2. Fast fader - it is not a fast fader nor are any of the the RF flavours although some would argue this - I find that when first mixed rf has some high notes that settle over time this is not fade imo.
  3. The worst part of your post that I consider absolute BS - " lack of consistency between manufacturer’s batches." Seriously are you kidding wtf do you base that on aside from fantasy. Honestly how many different batches have you tried to arrive at this conclusion?

I would suggest that you fact check before you post to try to improve the content of your posts - one simple rule should apply to anything you post make sure it is factual to the best of your knowledge.

1 Like

Why you so determined to make an issue of this?

I didn’t “call them out” I gave them a vote of confidence. And if I knew exactly what company it was, then so would loads of others by exact same means, so doubly silly not to name them

Like I said, I’m not familiar with Sugar Cookie, so I couldn’t guess what the problem was, specifically . I was just summing some of the theories that other people had given on this thread; all of which were possibilites, IMO, because all those things have been said of other RF flavours by a number of credible people.

Obviously I wasn’t declaring it to be a fast fader; it was more likely it needed a longer steep than given, which I also said, and which proved to be the case.

My real point was this: all of those theories put together were considerably more likely than the supposed bottling error. In view of that, I’m very glad the OP sorted it out for himself, and found no need to bother Rainbow Vapes about it, after all.

So don’t offer the opinion

l am just sick of people offering 2 cents on something they have no clue about.

1 Like