Received concentrates as black as motor oil

I order some concentrates from riversupplyco.com (aka nicotine river) one of them was a 500 ml FA apple pie. I’m not sure if I should use it, it’s as black as motor oil. When I order it from bullcityflavors.com it’s usually only a slightly light amber. Sure would like some advice.

1 Like

@Nicotine_River is very active here and am confident they would straighten it all out.

3 Likes

Yikes! That’s a new one. Ummmmm, no, I wouldn’t vape it.

2 Likes

Hi @Keith_Schnakenberg have you tried contacting @Nicotine_River before posting?

3 Likes

No. I didn’t, But I just talked to somebody (not NRC) that mentioned I should have checked the color description because it was a clearance item. Double checking, it does say it is a dark brown. I guess you live and learn. Sorry NRC, I’ll pay closer attention

3 Likes

I’d still like to know if it can be used or if I should just pitch it

1 Like

If it smells okay try it.
If it tastes okay :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s your discretion really. I have some very old concentrates that I bought new which were normal colored but have darkened to coffee and oil as well. They’ve been in my possession since new so I know their history, but I doubt I’ll ever use them as vapes again. Aside from being old and ugly (which is no crime as I am also old and ugly), they’ve likely lost a lot of flavor and potency. Essential oil diffuser stock now.

4 Likes

@Keith_Schnakenberg that’s NOT right. Don’t vape it, and contact @Nicotine_River.

3 Likes

And say what?
I’ve brought one of your clearance items and it’s old?
You pays your money and you takes your chance.

1 Like

That’s pretty much how I’m feeling about it. But I did learn something important. That they do have a color description that I will pay much closer attention to. Guess I’ll use in in pancakes or something

2 Likes

You won’t vape it but you’ll eat it? :thinking:

Kidding, but I do wonder how old it is, do you know? My black stock took like three years to really darken.

1 Like

No idea. I just got it. (I drive trucks OTR so I stay gone 4-8 weeks at a time) I ordered it Jan 17 and they usually take a few days to ship it off. So I’m guessing it was put in the spare bedroom late last month. I ordered it when they were doing a fund raiser for AUSTRALIA fire relief, they were giving proceeds from their clearance items. So I placed a big order (at least for me, $109 USD). I digress, no idea how old it is. But I’m sure it has been in the warehouse a while since the other concentrates look good

3 Likes

As far as eating, sure it’s a flavoring. And it’s easier to purge your stomach than your lungs. Bet your thinking about what kinda muffins you can mix now huh

3 Likes

With it colored as you describe, I’m sure I’d ‘make’ a few muffins if I ate it! :wink:

3 Likes

Lol yup I’m sure

3 Likes

Thanks everyone. I guess I’ll see about an oil diffuser.

3 Likes

Hey @Keith_Schnakenberg, I’d like to take care of you regarding this matter my friend. The reason for the discontinuation of Apple Pie is due to low sales, and we do only have one 25 KG container left of this flavor. The good news is I can assure you the product was manufactured July 2019 and does not expire until July 2022. Apple pie is known to be quite dark as stated on the COA attached below and on our website, but not generally black. Before I proceed with anything though, I’d like to see an image of this flavor so I can fully understand the situation and take care of you. If you could please PM me or post it here it’d be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Please see below for the COA and image of the last 25 KG jug we have in our warehouse. The apple pie you received would have originated from this jug.

17 Likes

Honestly your description was accurate. Thank you for vouching for the expiration date. This one is just darker than I’m use to.

3 Likes

3 Likes