Recipe advice

I’m not going to say one it better than the other because it all comes down to personal choice, how you mix, how fast you want to vape your liquid and how long it takes before it’s gone.

By leaving the caps off, you will lose the alcohol and other bad content a bit faster so your juice will be smoother faster. It also means that you’ll lose volatile flavor molecules and flavor will decrease. Not all flavor molecules are volatile so this may bring an imbalance to your liquid or some flavors may even completely disappear.

I can only tell you that I never take my caps off until my juice is ready to vape. I also give my juices a very good steep (usually a month or more). I also don’t apply heat, use frothers, magnetic stirrers or ultrasonic baths. Just time and patience.

6 Likes

As a beginner, I had issues leaving a juice sit for a month… but it doesn’t have to be.
There are threads on the forum with excellent shake and vape recipes. You can always use those to overcome a little waiting time on your good steeped juices. It really pays off if you can stick to it and plan accordingly.
Don’t mix when you need juice, make sure you do it well in advance.

5 Likes

Well I did leave caps of in a dark dry cupboard. Should I continue. Somebody on here, said never leave caps off that’s all.

2 Likes

Yeah I do mate, I’ve got 200ml of that baker’s daughter steeping and mustard milk from here.

2 Likes

No problem, thanks for the advice mate :+1:t3:. I’ll leave caps on and steep for a month. It was test and trail that baker’s daughter and as I’ve said it tastes spot on. I just need identify now where the dryness comes from. Cheers :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I’ll drop the sweetener in the cheesecake, because the sweetness is required for the other. The original is very sweet and too sweet for most my mates.
I’ll add some dragon fruit like you said to the Blueberry Cheesecake and let you know how it goes. I’ll leave it a month :+1:t3:

4 Likes

If you believe in shake and vapes then sometimes leaving the cap off for a few hours will help bleed off flavors that contain alcohol. A mixed and shaken bottle of a new mix that has a little bit of air at the top of the bottle will take care of that with a steep. No need to breath (cap off) if you plan on steeping for 3 weeks or more.

@Sprkslfly once said after reading someone’s post about leaving the cap off for a day, “Well, there goes all your flavor”.

All of this is part of the learning process and you are asking good questions. You are being given good answers. And you have tons of reading to do. Search the forums, listen to experienced and respected mixers, and don’t expect miracles in your first few months of mixing.

5 Likes

Cheers pal. I’ve had some great success with basic ones. It’s just challenging this dryness. Some of my mates think it’s fine, but they like higher PG for throat hits. So whatever is causing the dryness in that baker’s daughter, is my goal to establish and abolish :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I am [enjoying] vaping some juice from 2016, 2017, and some unknown, somewhere between
10mg nic and 3mg nic…even though I have gone off nicotine for new mixes [6mos or much longer]
Throat hit [DTL] is less without nic, but I am not gonna dump juice down the drain, so I use some in an alternate fill…
Steep times vs how you mix [method] can/will make a huge impact on the total outcome.
Most here know my [only] method, and as long as it works [for me], and as long as it HAS
worked for me, what do you think the chances are that I will change up anything ?

3 Likes

You are young…I’m sure your thoughts will change as you get older and wiser. :rofl:

I love you brother. You haven’t called in a long while.

3 Likes

I don’t, never have.

4 Likes

Someone mentioned a while back but I can’t find it. Dragon fruit can help bring Blueberry out more. Do you agree and what %

2 Likes

What % of dragon fruit to bring the Blueberry out mate?

2 Likes

@Phil_Critch you seem to have multiple issues in one thread here. Lets try to break this down for you:

1.) In detail what are you using to vape with? Example form: Mod: Pulse BF 80W Atty: WOTOFO Profile RDA .9 Ohm NI80 Mesh Rayon for cotton. This can help me out.

2.) Type of liquid used: Store bought or Homemade. Homemade: Blueberry Cheesecake (List Recipe) 80/20 VG/PG 3mg (Salts if used). Store bought: Krunchy squares Keep it 100, 3mg. This can help me as well. When I get that I can maybe give some true guidance here.

4 Likes

When faced with questions like this, it’s always good to try it yourself. This is how DIY works, Do It Yourself.
If you read some tips and tricks and are intrigued by them, give them a try.

My approach, have your liquid that you’re not 100% happy with, take a little tester bottle and put about 5 or 10ml of that liquid in.
Read up on the additives / flavors that you want to add to get an idea of the strength / flavor / off-notes / steeping results etc.
Drip a couple drops (depending on the strength) in your liquid, see what result it gives and don’t forget, TAKE NOTES. Just for the purpose of testing, shake and vape and add until you’re satisfied. If it doesn’t help or give you the desired result, you won’t have wasted much of your liquid. If you see it going somewhere, mix something up, let it steep and test again.

I am not a fan of dragon fruit flavor and I pick it up even in small quantities… so don’t take me as a reference for this particular fix :slight_smile:

4 Likes

All this is up to you, @Phil_Critch

I’d go ahead and post up what @Skullblade789 said…

For me, with dragon fruit… I use it seldom as I have been mixing forever and a day!
If I use it for “moist” and considering I mix with ultras, and looking at My recipes… just a few drops. I do not want to taste it, just want it there to work some magic. About .12%

6 Likes

@Phil_Critch rule of thumb with using flavors as an additive for juiciness or pop is start low with 0.25% and go from there.

2 Likes

A tad bit o lime … I believe it was me mate fron down under @woftam who steered me in this direction a year or so ago. Be careful though , if you are using a strong lime like FLV it can take the entire mix over

6 Likes

Lemon or Lime and or sour and strangely a tiny amount of banana can help out too

6 Likes

Dovpo Dual Topside. I use the Hellvape Passage, Dead Rabbit and Recurve with ni80 fused Clapton’s, vaping in variable wattage at 90-100.

Then I also use the profile with nxMESH Ni90 60-70 watts max, otherwise it burnt hits come.

2 Likes