Recipe & Ingredients Help

The questions you ask are too general, so people can’t help you too much. Come up with more specific questions and you will get more useful help (like what’s your best donut vape or what strawberries do you use for ice cream or talk about specific recipe).

Since you’re on very limited budget, my recommendation would be to pick up some flavors that are good standalone; all brands have many such flavors (may find some answers here), check Mom&Pops, etc.

The most important thing is that you have a decent vape and those flavors could provide that while mixing with just 10 or 15 flavors you blindly pick might not give a convincing result. (unless you know what you want exactly / buy flavors for just couple of recipes).

Also check flavors reviews, watch YT OGA & Noted and you’ll get an idea what strawberry of those 100 SB’s on the market you are looking for or why one donut is better than the other. And search for threads with 2 or 3 flavor recipes, and search for ‘my first 30 flavors to buy’ threads ofc (but don’t read those that are 5 years old).

4 Likes

Okay thanks noted I will not ask anymore questions or post anything anymore thank you for your reply I get the message.
Just to let you know and confirm I am a thick human being with very little knowledge in life! So I tend to ask questions to learn and get some help. I know I must not do this and just deal with the situation myself.
Have a good day
Thanks

4 Likes

You’re not bothering anyone. I’m sorry if you took the message harsh, but you need to ask more specific questions. You said you like donuts, cakes, ice creams, tobaccos. First thing is that everyone is doing it differently, everyone has different flavors, everyone has different taste and limitations, so there is no general way of doing it ‘right’. DIY is different than buying one shots.

Compare it with real life; where you want to start cooking and you say you’d like to learn how to make donuts, cakes, ice creams… it’s pretty difficult to get fine or useful answers on this question, right? It’s better to search for ‘how do i make a donut’ thread, find many answers there and then ask more specifically there.

Next thing is that for a good donut vape you’ll have to use at least 4 flavors and here is the problem - all of them are not widely used elsewhere, which again is a problem for a limited budget Same goes with cake, etc. To get better answers it would make sense to search for those threads about cakes / donuts / tobaccos, because most of your answers are there in one single thread already (= could be much more helpful for you).

3 Likes

I’m not sure what is happening here but @Mikser wasn’t being rude or mean but gave you some good advice. Why the passive-aggressive attitude?

You are welcome to stay and ask as many questions as you like and since you are a “thick” human please take this as a friendly gesture for that is what it is.

5 Likes

I am very new to mixing my own liquids I started a year ago and do not have any help or advice I just get some concentrates and make my own liquids. I do not know or understand what are the right questions, the way to ask, and do not have the mixing lingo to go with it. I also do not know the right way to ask when I need help with my vaping equipment. I learnt to be self sufficient and stay out of vape shops so I dont spend money that I do not have. I currently by liquids from a mixer here in the Algarve, Portugal. He makes really good mixes and his liquids are really well made I am paying €7 for a 50ml bottle and my 3mg nic is included in the price which is good. So I just wanted to make some mixes myself again.

At the moment I am waiting to place an order for the following concentrates to make a liquid that I like that LordVapor kindly wrote a recipe for me and these are the following concentrates that I am going to order when possible:

Acetyl Pyrzaine TPA
Graham Cracker Clear TPA
Frosting Flavorah
Rich Cinnamon Flavourah
Biscuit Inawera
Inawera Shisha Vanilla

So if I can add a few concentrates to this order to make another couple of liquids that would be nice.

4 Likes

Can you get Capella flavors?
If so, Vanilla Custard would fit your flavor profile.
Flavor West’s Butter Pecan is another one I like. Great in @Alisa’s Bust-a-Nut recipe here

Other than that, if you like fruits and such to go with that stuff, just about anything goes with creams and custards.

Or, you might like some coffee flavors. FA has some good ones that I like. Those mix well with creams and custards also.

Your best resource would be to browse some of the highly rated recipes and see if there is anything that looks really good to you, and grab those flavors. I know you said funds are limited, so if nothing else, grab that Shisha Vanilla and mix in a fruit flavor and you will have a pretty good vape.

Any other questions, feel free to ask man. I went through some learning curves when I started, so don’t sweat it.

5 Likes

If you are going to buy those flavors, you can, on the recipe side, enter them in “my flavor stash” and then make “what can I make” and there you can choose up to 4 flavors that you are missing to make other recipes. Forgive my grammar, I use the translator … I don’t know if it is understood …

3 Likes

Thank you I appreciate your help I will have a look and enter them in and see what I get.

3 Likes

Came back with no matches.

3 Likes

I KNOW that feeling @MassVape. Many of us started out the EXACT, same way.

Again, been there, done that. We can help you out.

Outstanding, you are ALREADY ahead of MANY.

Sadly no one can offer help without randomly offering what THEY might like, but it’s important that we know what YOU like to be able to help.

What kinds of flavors do you like ?? Custards, bakeries, fruits, tobaccos, cereals, creamy, etc.

2 Likes

Crap, @Mikser, @MassVape I missed ^^ that.

2 Likes

@MassVape I know (or at least I think) this has been cleared up. @Mikser was stating that without MORE information, no one could really help you …

TBH, if he didn’t want to help you, he wouldn’t have responded. I’m about 99% sure this was already cleared up, BUT, making sure.

4 Likes

Thanks I will try and be more specific.
There was a liquid that was recommended to me by Cookie King, I asked for the recipe to try and make it and LordVapor sent me his recipe, he also sent me some good contacts in Europe to get some concentrates from one is very good and very good prices in Spain cheaper that what I have been buying in Portugal. I have put these concentrates in and so far the cost for the concentrates below is €21+ which is the same price to get the original liquid which I think is good price. The only concentrate that I am stuck on is the rich cinnamon flavorah I believe Flavorah concentrates are very good but this one alone is €7 expensive for 10ml, again it is fine to make the recipe I would like to try. But if I get these ingredients would I be able to use the rich cinnnamon in a different recipe and or can I sub for a different cinnamon?

Acetyl Pyrzaine TPA
Graham Cracker Clear TPA
Frosting Flavorah
Rich Cinnamon Flavourah
Biscuit Inawera
Inawera Shisha Vanilla

I also have a question about recipes on ELR when I find a recipe and adapt it for my needs 70 vg & 30 pg with 3mg of nic. If I edit and add these details in, will the recipes work or do they only work as they are posted as the mixer has created their recipes and it has worked as they have mixed with lets say 50/50 with 18mg of nic. So if I changed this to my 70/30, 3 mg nic then this could or could not work?

Hope I am making headway and sense sorry if does not make any sense at all.

4 Likes

Yes at the moment my tobacco liquids I have so not a problem which I vape for mtl only.

I run also Direct lung tanks I have got into dessert flavourings for my direct lung tanks.

I have been vaping caramel popcorn, maple corn these I have bought from a very good mixer here.

I would like to make and get recipes for:

Caramel popcorn
Donut recipe
Waffle recipe
Churros recipe
Caramel recipe

I am searching on ELR recipes for these. I could for example get a glazed donut, caramel, waffle, churos, custard, toffee concentrates and just make my own recipe in create recipe and see what happens. But not sure what and how many other concentrates I need to lets say a caramel popcorn recipe to balance this out so if I got a popcorn concentrate, cream concentrate, biscuit concentrate, I am not sure if these would work. I know and understand it is about trial and error, I can also look at others recipes and get an idea for what they use and also try their recipes. So recipes are like 6-8 concentrates and I just need to build up first a concentrate stock so I can make different liquids of my own. I just do not want to go down the same mistake as I went last time like going shopping when your hungry. You just pick things that tempt you and come out with not so great foods. I have also been looking at the 2 concentrates recipes, 3-4 concentrate recipes so am going to try some of these. I am on a very tight budget at the moment so its hard for me to make any commitment what I can get I am buying a few nice liquids from a mixer to get me by then when I can I would like to get some concentrates make some mixes let them steep so in between I can vape from the premade liquids I have brought.

5 Likes

Possibly… & possibly not… flavors @ a certain % tend to be more tasteful with a lower amount of nicotine, where as with higher nic. has a harder hit, i.e.-(harsh)…, if the maker of the recipe was a good mixer, then it probably needs total percentages reduced a tad… the PG could throw it off a little too, so u may need to up some flavors percentages…, if u need any more help just ask…, I’m sure there are many great people here tht would love to help…, if u ever have a question about something, don’t be afraid to ask, after all… how might u learn something if u don’t ask?

3 Likes

Hi thanks so is there a way to search on ELR for recipes that are 30vg & 70pg with 3mg nic?

4 Likes

What I am also finding hard from recipes that the recipe is produced then you read the notes and people are suggesting that they made changes to percentages. The recipe is not updated and they do not give you the percentages to what finally works. All confusing this wish it was easier to make your own liquids really putting me off now trying mixing again. I did it once bought a lot of concentrates made liquids and just did not do it right so ended up throwing all my concentrates and liquids away gave up may do the same again just do not seem to be getting anywhere all confusing now seems like you have to be a Scientist to make a vape liquid with the concentrates, base mix %, nic % then what flavours work do not work, the recipes that are listed some work do not work some say this works take this off add this in take off this % wish I could find some recipes that are final, buy some concentrates, add my desired nic, steep and vape!

4 Likes

It can be hard at first. All of us have gone through the same thing. Do you have any concentrates at the moment? I couldn’t tell from the posts. Anywho, if you do, you should put them in the database and mark it for public so that we can see what you have. Once that is done any one of us could come up with a recipe for you.

This is also a good way to learn your percentages. To bad you tossed away all your concentrates. If it gets that bad again be sure to come here and let us help before you toss em all. This time should be different though because you have stopped in at the best place to get help.

Good Luck and don’t give up.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. When at a recipe click on the blue box and hit edit and put your numbers in the corresponding boxes and the calculator will do it for you.

Also, I do youtube video’s, as do others, that might help also. I will post one below but in the mean time Inawera is a company from Poland that make some really good one off concentrates which just means you can make a good ejuice from one flavor or flavour. here is a good one

This is before I started doing them one at a time. Voodoo by Inawera is a really good flavor all by itself. I mix it all the time.

3 Likes

Amazing video thanks

I actually only use Inawera concentrates and also TPA/TFA I really like the range from Inawera really nice quality. The only thing for me is that I was not too keen on the fruits eliquiids never have been I am more into my desserts then I like my tobaccos so maybe something I could try will keep it in mind. I like also that you mentioned that you can use the Inawera’s as single vape concentrates. I did this with their tabacoo’s to see which tobacco I liked the most and liked all of them.

4 Likes