Recipe inspiration

I need some recipe inspiration please. I have these flavours so far.

This would be my most successful adapted one so far

7 Likes

i’ve only tried mexican fried rice off this post but it was really good - check it out

link removed by staff

3 Likes

You could click “what can I make “ and it’ll bring up recipes according to your stash :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes I do use that but limited with limited results. Barely any dessert/ bakery results.

4 Likes

I would say you need more dessert / bakery type flavors… look for rated recipes with good reviews that peak your interest, then research the flavors / notes / ratings to see if it may be worth investing in and pick up 10ml size max to start

9 Likes

What type of bakery? Cookies? Cakes? Custards? Vanilla? Caramel? Strawberry and cream?
I could suggest some concentrates to get if you let me know. I’m sure many others can as well.

6 Likes

Let your history be your inspiration. Ive made dozens and dozens of version of my grandmothers desserts, probably more than dozens and dozens. My favorite drinks, my favorite, well everything.

When i finally came to a point where i ran out of ideas i went to food recipes sites and replicated what i thought might convert well. Look at flavor pairing lists, lots of charts and lists on the interwebz.

I know this sounds old and preachy but simply testing each flavor can help you figure out what to make. Not all blueberries are the same nor any other flavor so knowing what each one tastes like make it SO much easier to pair them correctly.

Dont be afraid to just experiment. Just make sure you mix small batches, there are gonna be flavorings that other people love that you will despise. Its what DIY is all about. Nothing wrong with mixing other peoples mixes, right now two of the four mixes im vaping are other peoples, lots and lots of good mixers.

10 Likes

Just a quick note, it seems you are lacking in base flavors, I call them “low notes”…
Glazed donut and TPA graham cracker is all I see in your stash for that.
Capella sugar cookie, TPA yellow cupcake, cereal 27 (Cap), Ooo honey puffs, are 4 that come to mind.
Oddly, I let my nose inspire me. Its not what the masters on here do, they “single flavor test”, but strictly for inspiration, I go through and give a sniff to my extracts and follow my nose.
I would definitely be trying a vanilla ice cream with grape if I had your stash.
Another thing to do is go to some of the threads that discuss recipes, and if there is a discussion that piques your interest, order the specific ingredients for THAT recipe.
Once you get a recipe you enjoy, then another, youll find that you learn as much about YOUR preferences as anything, and with each successful recipe, they start dropping like dominoes.

8 Likes

What you need to do are two things (both are very easy):
Add flavors that are close enough to what you have in your stash (substitutes). You have many flavors, but often there’s just one flavor you’re missing which could easily be replaced by what you have; sometimes that is just sweetener. Ofc you don’t know what flavors are very similar and that’s where we can help you (don’t add them on your own, but rather ask; generally creams are easiest to be replaced without a damage, then bakeries, while fruits are difficult).

You have Juicy Peach (DX) (TPA) (btw it has 6786 recipes) - add Peach (Juicy) (TPA) (it has 74.062 recipes). And do the same for any DX you might have. Most often DX version is very similar to the original, so you wouldn’t taste the difference.
You have Sweet Mango v2 (Cap) (it has 529 recipes) - add Sweet Mango (Cap) (it has 47.703 recipes). And do the same for any v2 you might have (or if you have an original, you can add v2 in your stash). Most often v2/v3 versions is very similar to the original, so you wouldn’t taste the difference.

You have Super Sweet (Cap). Add Sweetener (TPA) (326.932 recipes), Sweetener (FW) (another 68.600 recipes), maybe even Sweetener (Sucralose) with 12k recipes. You can use SS instead of these (just use lower amount of it), while you would get an access to 400.000 recipes which are closed for you right now.

Add supporting flavors (they are usually not the main flavors in a recipe, so those small percents will not dominate / change the recipe too much).
You have Marshmallow (Cap). Add Marshmallow FA and TPA. Could also add MM (DX) TPA, FW.
You have Bavarian Cream FA. Add BC TPA, BC (DX) TPA, BC FW, BC Cap, BC WF. You’d get access to 450.000 recipes.
You have Butterscotch FA. Can Add BS FW, BS Natural FW, BS FLV, BS TPA.
You have Caramel FA. Can add Caramel (original) TPA, DX TPA, CAP
You could also add some Ice Cream or Custard and you often wouldn’t taste the difference if used low in a recipe, but i haven’t added them since those are usually the main flavors in a mix.

Do this and your ‘What can i make’ will suddenly get an unprecedented boost and lots of recipes for inspiration. Ofc the recipes will not be 100% the same as creators, but most often you wouldn’t taste the difference even if you had both mixes side-by-side.

(what i would recommend next is just what chef_johnny said - i’d suggest you to buy one more Ice Cream (TPA, LB, WF), one or two Custards (VC Cap, Premium FA, VC II TPA), Sugar Cookie CAP, Cookie FA, Yellow Cake JF, maybe Yes We Cheesecake, all together maybe 8-10 flavors and you’re good to go (that would open you an ocean of delicious recipes).

BTW, congrats for adding your flavors perfectly! Happy mixing!

8 Likes

I like Kiwi Cheesecake. Use a bit of Marshmallow instead of the Meringue.
That should do the trick.

7 Likes

Adding more of the same/ similar flavours to my stash has probably been the best advice I’ve been given so far. It’s already opened a plethora of options now. I’ll definitely be getting more ice cream/ custards. Already had my eye on a sugar cookie concentrate as well. Thanks everyone for the advice

8 Likes