Recipe Recycle Bin

I’m not ready to throw in the towel on this mix, but I am puzzled by the results after a week. I know some MF flavors (in the bases) kinda go into hiding at 7-10 days and then pop near the 3 week mark.

My 1st tasting notes

Amazing finger taste, but when I vape it I’m not getting much. Maybe it overdosed and died. There’s a good concept here, but it may be too much flavoring. I’ll steep it further, but I think I over did it here. If more steeping fails, I’ll strip it down and build it again from single flavors.

Overdose

Ingredient %
(DIY) Milk Chocolate (Flavor Base) 3
(Flavor Base) Vanilla Milkshake (Gmix) 3
Caramel (Flavorah) 2
Peanut Butter (Flavorah) 1.5
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 3

Flavor total: 12.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

If further steeping doesn’t improve this mix I’ll try this v2… I have a ? on the French Vanilla Creme (TPA) and Caramel (FLV). I’d love to hear your thoughts before I try a remake.

Overdose v2

Ingredient %
Caramel (Flavorah) 2
Dark Chocolate (MF) 0.5
French Vanilla Creme (TPA) 3
Peanut Butter (Flavorah) 1.5
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 2
Vanilla (MF) 0.5

Flavor total: 9.5%

1 Like

Best notes I’ve seen in a while. lol

2 Likes

Well stay tuned… I have 16 more new mixes on the horizon. I’ll probably be back again.

3 Likes

I like the looks of v1& v2 French vanilla creme TFA is so weak. I typically have it up at 4% before I can coerce anything out of it.
So at 3% it will prob just be a blender which it’s a nice flavor wish it were more powerful.
Pound cake FLV is nice kinda reminds me of a little custard like notes once it’s steeped.

I am curious if v1 is just a longer steeper you know chocolates are hardheaded they take forever like 1-2 months sometimes and then they’re absolutely stunning. Where you say oh I am making this again right this moment Bc you know your going to blaze thru the bottle and be counting the days.
I have white choc. MF on the way. I want the others next !

1 Like

@Amy2 it’s been 2 weeks since I made my recipe with your suggestions and tweaks…might not be long enough steep time but this Sunday I am going to finally going to taste it. Can’t wait any longer…smells incredible to me. I’ll keep you posted. Thank again :innocent:

2 Likes

I don’t have much experience with this flavor and I was looking for comments on it. I really love FA Creams, but I wanted to try something different. Maybe I should stick to what I know works.

I found this to be stronger than I anticipated. I still haven’t fully tested it in mixes, but I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far.

I’ve been going through my Caramels and TBH I’m not in love with any of them. I need a go to Caramel.

Yeah I probably jumped the gun on vaping this one. It’s just the finger taste was so damn good.

4 Likes

Caramel FLV seems so stern kinda like FA’s. I really like how MF’s smells but haven’t had a batch steep yet.

I like to use TFA’s caramel candy in conjunction w/ other caramels. That fuzz buster recipe I just posted is really a sweet caramel vanilla mix and it had salted caramel in it surprisingly came out well.

Pound cake is strong your right kinda whoo when I tasted it as a SA bold flavoring. Which is better once steeped.

I like French vanilla v2 caps it is nice I don’t use French vanilla often but I really like it. I like the TFA FVC too but like we talked earlier it’s a weak one. You know HS has a nice French Vanilla ice cream.

3 Likes

I love FA Almond & marzipan I hope it comes out great ! I make a Almond Alfajores cookie with those and oh it’s so good.

3 Likes

i have this one and like you I haven’t put it through it’s paces yet. I’ll definitely take a closer look at it. It’s probably a long steeper too.

Another one I have that’s just been sitting. Time to bust the cap and see what’s going on with it.

Can you suggest a possible Caramel Base?

I’m sitting here feeling silly right now. We need a thread titled… “Just Ask Amy”.

2 Likes

Lol oh no I make enough screw ups for all of us. Hee hee

Caramel candy you could use in the 1-1.25% mix it with any stern caramel like FA and FLV their not sappy sweet at 1-1.5 % and that will make a sweet caramel. Trickery of it all vanilla helps also to moisten it as well as sweeten it.

3 Likes

Caramels in my stash

Caramel (Flavorah)
Caramel (German Flavors)
Caramel (Inawera)
Caramel (MF)
Caramel (Original) (TPA) (I like but it’s on my (Do Not Use List)
Caramel (TPA)
Caramel Candy (TPA)

Edit: oops,… too late.

2 Likes

TFA is the only french vanilla creme I’ve tried. I think it’s good, but not “great”. I have been asking a a good one too. I was told Flavor Shack’s is AMazing, and second is TFA French Vanilla Deluxe. Anyone tried any of those? I really need to order those two. Ok, I really WANT to order those :wink:

As far as caramels I have but haven’t tried FLV yet, still steeping. I love FW caramel candy and salted caramel. I also like TFA Caramel Original. I am really liking 3 /1 FW Caramel Candy/TFA Original.

1 Like

You have a lot of caramels I have not worked w/ !
From my experience I would try FLV and caramel candy together and add a sweeter vanilla to help tone down some of caramels sternness.

I’m at work tonight sorry for the late reply. I’m watching telemetry right now no patients.

2 Likes

I have this one, but for some reason it didn’t show up in my stash.

I really liked it and was my go to, but It’s was reported to contain real sugars or fructose from a prior post. I really want to avoid it.

2 Likes

Thanks @Amy2… I’ll work with this combo and create a base caramel that I can use.

I have a unopened 120 ml bottle you can have if you pay for shipping… PM me if you want it…

3 Likes

PM sent…that is so awesome of you! Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks for the help @wvsanta @mikelej14 @Amy2 The TPA Red Hot nailed the cinnamon flavor I was seeking.I am going to wait a couple of weeks and see where I am at ,but after 24 hours it is on the right path!
I followed your recipe suggestion Amy with the exception of the condensed milk (FA) as ECX was out when I placed my order.:disappointed_relieved:

Piccacinny Circus

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.25
Butter Cream (CAP) 2
Butter Pecan (FW) 3
Cinnamon Red Hot (TPA) 3
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 1
Creamy Milky Undertone (OOO) 2
Joy (FA) 0.5
Marshmallow (Vanilla) (OOO) 1
Milk Condensed (FA) 0.25

Flavor total: 14%

2 Likes

Does anyone else remember the delicious cinnamon toothpicks you used to be able to buy at corner stores. Something like 3-5 per pack and they were red and in a wet cinnamon mixture? I used to love those things!

I wouldn’t even know where to start on that flavor. I would end up with cinnamon gum…lol

2 Likes

Indeed I do ! Go buy yourself a bottle of cinnamon oil extract and soak your toothpicks in it for a couple of weeks and then allow them to dry on a paper towel.
All the cool kids had to have them in middle and high school until you got your parents to sign the smoking waiver.lol
My how the times have changed!
Do not soak them in a plastic pill bottle though in must be glass, cinnamon was a tank cracker back then as well!:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s really all it was? That’s too easy. So doing this…thank you!

2 Likes