Recipe Recycle Bin

And yes, times have changed. I used to buy them whenever my mom sent me to the corner store to buy her a pack of smokes. I was 7. Only ever had to say they were for my mom. Thankfully it’s not that easy anymore…but still bad.

2 Likes

That was the ones that I remember .We would save the bottles and use them to store the toothpicks to keep them from drying out.
Some would keep them wet but they were hotter as that cinnamon extract is like a red hot.
After they dry off they need to be in some type of air tight container or they will loose the flavor pretty fast.

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, I do remember making them. had forgotten :slight_smile:

Funny the things we remember :smiley:

2 Likes

It is crazy , sad to say but there are a few years I don’t remember but i remember most of my youth … or do I?
Things that make you say hmmmmm

3 Likes

Wasn’t able to test it out yesterday but just loaded it in a dripper tonight :smile: Smells incredible. So far so good. Still a little light for me but going to let the rest of the batch steep longer. :thumbsup: Your tips and suggestions are def coming through. Really liking the Vanilla Tahiti addition! Thanks sis!

Squirrel Sauce V.2 7/16/16

Ingredient %
Almond (FA) 1
Marzipan (FA) 0.45
Nonna's Cake (FA) 3.5
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 5
Vanilla Tahity (FA) 0.5

Flavor total: 10.45%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

Notes
Made 7-22-16
Tested 8-12-16 (Steeped 3 wks)

Not bad but it seems to be missing something. Maybe it hasn’t steeped enough, so I’ll steep it more.

If it doesn’t improve I might add Cookie FA 1% to enhance the cake and Vanilla MF .5% to contrast the Chocolate.

Lava Cake

Ingredient %
Cream Whipped (FA) 1
Cupcake Batter (Flavorah) 1.5
Dark Chocolate (MF) 1
Liquid Stevia (Pyure) 0.5
Meringue (FA) 2
Pound Cake (Flavorah) 2.5
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 6

Flavor total: 14.5%

1 Like

what about 1 drop of chocolate deutsch FLV ? Looks so good thou ! I am loving the Milk Chocolate…I’ll rephrase that I’m loving how it smells hee hee the batches are still steeping…erh come on already not a patient mans game and certainly not with MF batches true test of will !

1 Like

You know what… I haven’t even popped the cap on my CD FLV. I need to go and check the notes on it. If this doesn’t improve with steep, I’ll split my remaining tester and hit it it both ways.
Thanx for your suggestion.

I can’t keep it around. I love it as a SA.

2 Likes

Oh really a SNV MF sweet ! What other flavors if you don’t mind saying aren’t as lengthy as a months Steep?

Oh wait you said Standalone gotcha I got all excited. Hee ehe

Nooooo. I’m not sayin SnV. But once it’s steeped, it’s pretty much all I vape. I need to make bigger batches. lol

It seems that some MF steep times may vary a bit. Some seem to have a weird steep pattern. They seem to go to sleep after a week or so. Then they wake up around the 1 month mark. Some seem to be good as a SnV, but gets really strong after a month.

1 Like

Hahaha ! I re read it ha thank goodness !

1 Like

What % Do you use Milk chocolate MF at for a SA ? I’m intrigued now !

1 Like

I thought you were refering to my flavor base/stone…
4.5 to 5.5%. It’s not super potent, but it’s tasty!

(DIY) Milk Chocolate (Flavor Base)

Ingredient%
Bavarian Cream (TPA)54.5
Dark Chocolate (MF)18.2
Sweet Cream (CAP)27.3

Flavor total: 100%

(DIY) Milk Chocolate Gmix

Ingredient%
Bavarian Cream (TPA)3
Dark Chocolate (MF)1
Sweet Cream (CAP)1.5

Flavor total: 5.5%

2 Likes

I’ve had the three different goes at this mix, taking out, adding in, and tweaking flavors. I was going for a lemon and mixed berry cheesecake. This is definitely the best version so far and it’s not bad, it’s super flavorful, but just really isn’t a profile that I’m enjoying. Might revisit it when I get around to getting some different cheesecake or cream cheese flavors, but for now I figured I’d recycle it in case anyone thinks they want to try it or play around with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just from an outside view, it looks out of balance…

What I see is what I call dark flavors…
Forest Mix
Black Currant
Raspberry
Blueberry

This might need a counter flavor for balance… A lower Cheesecake % with a light cream (Whipped Cream FA @ 1-1.5%) and a sweetener.

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes , you should post your Hostess Lemon Pie questions in here.Hopefully someone Like @Amy2 or @Beaufort_Batches could help you out with it.

3 Likes

thank you very much :wink:

3 Likes

Here is my take on your recipe and my reasons between choices.

Berryl Raspberry FA—Nice percentage choice, no problem here.

Blackcurrant FA—The FA Blackcurrant is too high and really isn’t necessary because Black current is the top note in Forest Fruit FA. I would cancel out Blackcurrant FA altogether and let FA Forest Fruit provide all the notes.
*** For Blackcurrant FA I use .2% up to 1% and rarely go past that***

Blueberry Wild TPA—You will not get much support here with Blueberry Wild and I feel in this recipe it would need be used in a percentage that would negate other notes here and another choice is the solution here. I would use FA Bilberry at .5% or Shisha Bilberry at 1% for this note to start.
When my recipes go past 5 or so flavors, I replace flavors that demand high percentages in recipes because they usually don’t work out well. So I use a replacement that better suits the conditions.

Cheesecake Graham Crust- Great flavor choice here but at 5% I would mix it as a single flavor recipe. I would dial this one down to 3% because at 5%, you will get undesired results, muted flavor being one and can cause a spoiled flavor depending on other flavors used.
*** Cheesecake Graham Crust is an awesome flavor to mix in recipes and works excellent with fruits and creams especially. I use Cheescake Graham Crust from .5% to 3% max.(Unless I want to vape it single flavor.)***

Cream Fresh FA—That’s a whole lot of cream for what you are doing here. I agree with @Pro_Vapes and I would take Cream Fresh down to .5% and add Whipped Cream FA@ at 1% or Whipped Cream TFA at 2% to give the creamy note a smoother and lighter balance for the fruit.
Cream Fresh is really a strong flavoring and it can mask other flavors and hide them in a huge wave of it. The only time I use 1.5% of Cream Fresh FA is when I’m mixing strong flavors such as Coffees and Cappuccinos.

Forest Mix FA- One of the best fruit mixes out there. Strong and clean tasting that stands out in recipes without taking over as long as you are using it at the proper place and percentage. Your 1% here is fine and you could go to 1.5% but I would start at 1%.
Forest Fruit FA is one of my favorite and must have flavors.In 99% of my recipes I only use it at 1%.

Lemon Sicily—It is a good start to tame those berries a little but we need a little more muscle here to smooth out those berries and make them slightly tart and bright. To accomplish this, I use Citrus Punch TFA at 2% to start and go from there. You can also use Lemon Lime CAP or other Lemon Lime brands. I always choose Citrus Punch because I feel it does the best job doing this trick.
You could go with 2% Lemon Sicily and Add 1% Lime Cold Pressed FA But I would use Citrus Punch or Lemon Lime because in my experience, these flavorings do the work better.

Marshmallow TPA—Excellent flavor and percentage choice, no problem here.
*** Marshmallow TFA is probably my favorite MM in the brands out there. I use it mostly at 1% and some recipes go up to 3% but not much more than that and not very often.***

Vanilla Bean Gelato TPA—Another excellent flavor choice here and percentage. Nothing better than a tad of a Vanilla Bean Type to put a little more support to flavor and creamy notes here. No problem here either.
*** I enjoy the versatileness of Vanilla Bean flavors. They are fun, taste great and can make all the difference to a recipe. It just brings more to the party with creamy recipes.***

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, PM me anytime…BB…

3 Likes

I need to order the MF Chocolates this weekend so I can make a couple of recipes.Your (DIY) Milk Chocolate Gmix looks great!Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 2.5
Cake Batter Extract (RF) 0.75
Condensed Milk Extract (RF) 0.75
Golden Butter (CAP) 0.75
Marshmallow (Flavorah) 0.75
Rhubarb Extract (RF) 1.5
Strawberry Extract (RF) 1.5
Vanilla Custard Extract (RF) 1.5

Flavor total: 10%

I took a shot in the dark on this mix. I haven’t done any SF test on any of these RF Extracts… Just being lazy and not enough time to put in the work.

My thoughts about this mix are it isn’t bad, but it’s not great either. The flavors I can pick out is Strawberry, Rhubarb and Cake Batter. They do taste very good. I don’t get real custard notes or mouthfeel. The Condensed milk isn’t there either.

I tested this at the 3 week mark, so I’ll put this up and steep it beyond a month and see how it fairs at that point… fingers crossed.

2 Likes