Recipes advice

Anyone got any ideas in recipes from my flavor stash.
Almost everything comes up strawberry based.

I like sweet juices at 80/20 VG PG. I work based on percentages as I don’t have scales.

Any ideas in particular Dragon fruit, Cherry and almond amertto usage.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Black Cherry 6%
Amaretto 3%
NY Cheesecake 3%
Vanilla Custard 2%
Crunchy Frosted Cookie 2%

4 Likes

Super I’m making it 80/20 VG 50ml bottle. 3mg nic, so how much VG and PG should I add, taking into account the PG in the nic and concentrates. Thanks

3 Likes

Plus how long would you steep that blend

3 Likes

The calculator will tell you what to add after you enter all the info.

4 Likes

Dude…There is a calculator on the recipe site that will perform the maths for you. You’ll find a guide on how to use it in resources. It would do you a load of good to read through the beginners’ guide twice, and search the forum for more specific questions about technique, methods and discussions on the individual flavors in your stash.

Taste all your new mixes right after mixing, 1 day later, 3 days later, 1 week, 2 weeks. 4 weeks… that’s the only way to answer your question about steep time. It’s different for every recipe.

I know I sound mean here, but you’ve been a member for the entire month of March and only read 1hr worth of information. Basically during the last topic you created.

The reason I’m being so direct and not sugar coating this is because you are inhaling this stuff. At the wrong dosage, Nicotine is basically poison you are mixing, and you’re inhaling it! Know the stuff you are using. Know how to mix it, know what’s in it, and how to calculate it properly.

Give a man a fish and he’ll eat for a day… Teach a man to fish and he’ll eat as long as he’s willing and able to fish. But fishing is hard if you don’t take time to learn where to fish and what type of bait to use for the fish you want to catch, the best time of day, how to put line on the reel, what type of line/hooks you need, how to tie the right knots, use a weight or a bobber…and how to not fall off the boat and get eaten by sharks.

Ok. Now have fun while learning and be safe! I hope you enjoy the mix I gave you. Happy mixing!

8 Likes

I’m ok with the nicotine it’s the 72mg. 2ml 50ml is 3mg and obviously 4ml at 100ml.

My local vape shop are good for advice. I’m just searching recipes on here, as they advised this is the best site for recipes.

5 Likes

It’s done and steeping over night. I’ll try tomorrow, but I’m aware vanilla and cake based flavours take at least 2-4 weeks steeping.

5 Likes

Sorry to jump to conclusions. When i read this, i thought you were seeking advice. The calculator is the answer.

7 Likes

@Phil_Critch, @Plunderdrum’s right. You need to check out the OTHER side of the site.

7 Likes

I’ve updated my flavour stash and would like ideas on making fruit based and candy based recipes.
Whenever I click the what can I make, it’s mostly, strawberry, custard and vanilla based.

I’m looking for some nice sweet juices to make. I will experiment, but I’d like a good starting point.

4 Likes

@Phil_Critch, you may not see a ton of responses here, as everyone’s tastes vary. Some of the work is on you. You’ve got your stash loaded, and can see “what can I make”, and that’s the best place to start. No one knows YOUR favorite flavor profiles, better than YOU do. We can all shout out what we like for THIS profile, or THAT profile, but most will be meaningless to YOU.

ELR is FULL of help, AND a shit ton of information, BUT, search, search, searching, WILL be your best friend here, and most often times, much faster. If your “what can I make” is only revealing strawberry and custards, then you may have to expand your stash.

Now if you have specific flavor/brand questions, you might get MORE responses, but again, it’s ALL subjective to the individual.

7 Likes

@Plunderdrum noted mate. I’ve used the calculator and it’s simplified everything for me. Should have listened from the start. Thanks :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Done it mate and the calculator simplifies everything. I suppose it’s just steeping now and amending to my own specific palette.

5 Likes

yup what drummer said. experimentation is the key to success here
everyone has different sensitivity’s to certain flavors some people will use coconut at 1% but all i need is .1% and I can’t really taste strawberry so you have to do the work and learn your flavour stash yourself the rest are guidelines. adapt recipes to your liking and use the search function for inspiration

4 Likes

I’ve just done a recipe and called it “Twisted Fruit Mix 2”.
I used the calculator and I’m impressed. It’s turned out really good from the start. I mixed the batch, warmed it in warm water, a good shake then in the fridge to cool it. 3 hours after mixing it’s nice little fruity mix.
I’ll see how the flavour goes over the week in respect of it amplifying or fading. I’ve only done a 30ml batch and I can see myself going through that probably tonight :rofl:
So I’ll mix a bigger batch in order to assess the impact of steeping.
A great tasty little mix :+1:t3::dash:

I’m debating whether Vanilla bean ice cream or a custard would go well with it.
I’ll just have to work out what percentage will need be added and it will probably need steeping for some time with a dessert based concentrate. Do you agree with your experience? Plus any suggestions again from your experience on what might go with, in respect of ice-creams, vanilla or custard based concentrates?

3 Likes

K i looked at it and yes a cream or custard would definitely work here. Start low like 1 or 2% CAP custard etc.
You should really buy 10ml tester bottles that way you can pour this mix into different bottles with different creams and custards at different % to really test them. buy Like 20 of them lol if you have none cuZ they are so handy
I’m not really a cream guy but I highly suggest you FA vienna cream which would also work cuZ it goes good with almost anything and its probably my favorite so far.
Vienna cream is pretty much vanilla soft servce ice cream and its much better than I expected. I also hear good things about TPA vanilla bean ice cream and liquid barn VBIC. I can’t comment on your recipe % because I don’t have most of those flavours and I cannot taste stawberry.
My stash here http://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/134738

3 Likes

I’ll look online. My local shop only has 30,50 & 100ml bottles.
I’ll have a browse at your stuff now. Thanks :+1:t3::blush:

1 Like

You can do small test batches, like 10-15ml in larger bottles if that’s what you have on-hand and don’t want to stretch the budget, or don’t want to wait for shipping, don’t have a large enough order for free shipping, etc…

Just put 10ml mix in a 30ml or 50ml bottle and test as normal. If you like it, estimate the remaining volume and you can make a 45ml, or 25ml mix of the recipe right on top of what’s left!

Some have said that the amount of air in the bottle can make for a weaker mix, due to escaping volitiles, but i have left the last 3-5ml in a 60ml bottle and tried it a month later, it was fully steeped, fully flavored and awesome.

3 Likes

yes I do this too, you can eye 1/3 or 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle or use a big syringe to measure.
Im curious plunderdrum was it a fruit recipe or dessert recipe you tested?
do you remember the exact recipe?

4 Likes