Recommend a tank for a rebuilding newbie

I spent an hour when I had to install my first wire on my RBA, this included wicking time. Practice helps alot. Now after 5 months I can wrap, install and wick in less than 5 minutes.

5 Likes

Just got a Kayfun 5 yesterday and itā€™s pretty damn amazing! If youā€™re new to rebuilding maybe give it a shot. Fairly easy to use, too. The main points why Iā€™m recommending the KF5 is, 1) single coils are easier than dual imo, 2) you can buy pre-coiled Claptons, throw 'em in and youā€™re good to go with flavour for weeks, 3) there are excellent clones on the market already, so you can test the waters before making a costly purchase.
Otherwise Iā€™d recommend the Aromamizer, too, but the KF5 has superior airflow control as I see it. You can MTL it like an old school Kayfun Lite or you can go full lung hit.

Wicking is super easy, too, just push the wick down the sides and cut it just before it meets the o-ring, then stuff it in and off you go.

2 Likes

Hmmm Iā€™ve been eyeing one of those. Mm mm. A kayfun v5

Will it last a life time? Does it/will it provide more air flow than a uwell crown tank? Is the flavor really that good?

Which clone would you recommend?

Itā€™d be pretty hard to break it imoā€¦ The only thing that could fail you are 1) the glass could break (use stainless steel tank instead), 2) o-rings (not hard to buy) and 3) the insulators (not that easy to fuck upā€¦). So, it should def. last for a long time.

Donā€™t know about the crown, donā€™t have one. Max. airflow is less than letā€™s say the Tsunami, but a bit more than a Subtank wide open. Hard to say. 'tis enough for me for sure, I normally vape at 20-30W or 40-60W, both work just fine on this tank as far as I can tell.

As Iā€™m in China proper, I have access to several high quality clones harr harrā€¦ Not sure what theyā€™re called in the West, but I got mine from SJMY, pretty flawless. Canā€™t go wrong with Tobeco, I reckon.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen the tobacco brand a lot here in the USA. Are they any good?

I know. You get what you pay for. Yup 20-30 bucks should be a big deal. But I am extremely frugal. Iā€™d probably be upset for a month if a clone broke on on me in a week.

Here is how I see it I am a flavor junkie and few months back got a Goliath v 2 I was happy with it but could not build some of the larger builds I enjoy and not the easiest to build on small deck tight but good flavor then I got a Bellow v3 23 mil base really much easier to build and good flavor plenty of room and also at the same time got the Borase RTA from day one I installed my cotton just like I do in my RDA hands down for me the best atty for flavor I own it has its draw backs can not lay it on its side for any .period of time or it will leak .I have not found one person saying it lacks flavor the Bellow has the build quality I expect in there products and can take most builds .but be warned if you wife enjoys a RDA and puts a build in a Borase for you it might be the last you see of it

1 Like

I would use those exact words to describe a Crownā€™s airflow.

2 Likes

Kanger subtank mini. Rba coil. Super easy to build. Cheap tank. Reliable. Great for beginners. And can get lots of prebuilt occ and ssocc coils if donā€™t like rba

1 Like

I agree , I have owned seven of these at one time , really nice rta.After owning them for a few months I realized there was no need to stockpile these as you canā€™t tear them up.I judge all other tanks for flavor against the Aromamizer.Stupid easy to build on,great flavor, and indestructible!
The only other tank I would put above it is the Boreas ,but for a first tank the simplicity of the Aromamizer would be a better choice IMO.

1 Like

Well based on the suggestions, I asked my wife to look at the Aromamizer V2. She thought it was a good tank for me, so Iā€™ll order one later today.

However, she doesnā€™t like the size of the 6ml Griffin 25 she just got, and I like bigger tanks than she. So she is going to order the smaller Griffin and build the big Griffin for me to try. So it seems that Iā€™ll have 2 new tanks to play with this weekend.

Thanks for the info folks!

4 Likes

Honestly for an RTA (with Tank) look at a GeekVape Avocadoā€¦ very simple, big deck and you can branch out to dual coil when/if you are comfortable.

I honestly couldnā€™t agree more, but they can seem to be a different step in a different direction - but for building, they are good too. Honestly I can say it just depends on what you are comfortable with.

My first build took 1 hour, 15 minutes, 3 shots of whiskey and 1 Xanaxā€¦

Now a dual clapton build on an RDA takes 10 minutes, in my sleepā€¦ it gets easier as you do more - do NOT be afraid to just coil em up and stick em in. Practice makes perfect.

3 Likes

Agreed! I started out before I got any kind of ā€˜realā€™ rebuildables by rebuilding the old protank style coils. Talk about tiny! LoL. Once I got a dripper it seemed huge in comparison. It was kind of hard at first to adjust to having to build a bigger coil but Iā€™m so glad I made the switch. I couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦practice makes progress! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would recommend the Conqueror by Wotofo. I have been vaping for 4 or 5 years and have tried many tanks. This is by far the easiest tank build ever. The tank has no posts, just some holes in the deck. This makes building super easy because you just drop the coil straight down and use the side screws to secure it. Thread in some cotton and cut off the ends and pack in the excess cotton then use scissors to trim anything still hanging off the side.The entire build from start to filled with juice takes me about 2 minutes. It has 10 air holes at the bottom with air flow holes directly under the coils leading to a far superior flavor. Juice flow control with a super easy and convenient top fill for your juice, which means no leaks. http://www.vaporbeast.com/wotofo-conqueror-rta.html?acc=c9f0f895fb98ab9159f51fd0297e236d

1 Like

Building coils are no problems. I am a newbie with 4 months vaping history. I already own 24 of these RTDA, RDA, sub tanks, mini tanksā€¦etcā€¦

Its the wicking that is crucial if you want flavor verses leaking issues. I am no expert but let me say that I practically been using at least 2kilos of cotton already in the last 4months. I think I am qualified to recommend.

For goof flavor and easy wicking which will not cause leaksā€¦ take the Fodi F2 RDTA.

I am also very critical on flavors and hate leaks. If you are not a cloud chaser Fodi F2 is a single coil build.

1 Like

Iā€™ll definitely take a look at this tank since flavor and a leak-free tank are crucial to me. Thanks!

RDTA with bottom tank is the way to go if you donā€™t want leaks. This model has the easiest wicking style. In addition all RDAs have plenty of room for beginners to mess up coil building and still works.

Remember, too much cotton, flavor goes down, too little cotton, - leaks. With bottom tank RDTAs, half the leaking issue is solved. See this presentation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMez0qDtV0o

Good luck!!

1 Like

That make sense in regard to leaks. But how do bottom tanks do for flavor?

1 Like

Try a few style of wicking and see the difference. In any case all RDTAā€™s are always better flavor than the other aromizers. With bottom tanks, its even better because you only wet the wicks when you tilt the tanks to vape, unlike the others where the wicks are always soaking wet and the first few vape after some interval time always is too wet to get the better flavor

1 Like

I also own the Avocado, Alleria, Boreas, Griffin, Moon shot,so far my preference is the Fodi F2, remember, you have to get the F2 model and not the previous model, namely Fodi and Fodi V2

I just took a look at the Fodi F2 and Iā€™m baffled by that deck. I can understand Velocity decks and similar but I donā€™t get that one at all. Iā€™ll have to get my wife to check it out so she can explain it to me.