Recommend a tank for a rebuilding newbie

Understand your wife is a cloud chaser. I also like to sometimes show off clouds and forgo flavor while hanging out with friends. I recommend the Horney RDA for your wife. This is a dripper.

Donā€™t worry about coil building, you will get it done easily, especially if you own a master coil tools set, like I say, its the wicking verses flavor verses leaks thatā€™s the challenge.

Iā€™m not worried about coil building, really. Itā€™s getting the wicking right, since I have little patience for things that donā€™t work perfectly immediately, and no tolerance for things that leak onto nice shirts :slight_smile:

YouTube and forums. Someone has generally atleast Figured out what not to do.

Thatā€™s why I recommended the Fodi F2 which is easiest for me to find the sweet spot for waking.
Another 2 of these bottom tank RTDAs are - Limitless and Wismec Theorum, which are not so easy to wick.

Fun times. I rebuilt a bunch of protank/evod coils for my folks last weekend and I didnā€™t stab myself with the 32g kanthal even once! Hated the protank 3 coil redesign though. Seems like they went out of their way to make them harder to rebuild.

2 Likes

Seems that a lot of us started our rebuild skills on the evod/protank heads.
My next step was a wrapped coil for the kayfun mini V2.1 ( only 14 mm )
Still use mine. A 350 ego battery and a Sticker.

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/user/Bokonondawg/media/IMAG0388.jpg.html][/URL]

Or with a VV3

[URL=http://s557.photobucket.com/user/Bokonondawg/media/IMAG0384.jpg.html][/URL]

Yea, pretty weird looking.

4 Likes

What kind of issues do you have wicking the Theorem? I have been using mine every day for a few weeks now and have not seen any issues with it. Actually, it has been a pleasant experience. Great flavor, never had a dry hit, the rebuild takes about 1 minute for fresh cotton and 2 minutes for a complete coil and cotton swap. I use the notch coils that come with the leads bent specifically for the Theorem. I donā€™t use the cotton that comes with it. I replace it with rayon and trim the ends almost in half length-wise at an angle, after threading it through the coil. This allows for the juice to flow to the back of the tank and I think it may have an impact on wicking because you now have a larger surface area of cotton ends sitting in the juice.

I do not have an issue with the Theorem waking, just that it is not as easy to find the sweet spot as the Fodi F2 .

Scottes777 is looking for the best flavor and no brainer build and wake, hence my experience with the Fodi F2 is the easiest. Do you own a Fodi F2?

No I do not own a Fodi F2. It looks interesting though. What is the difference between the Fodi and Theorem?

Well my wife order tanks. Iā€™m getting her Griffin 25 and she ordered the small Griffin. She also ordered an Aromamizer Supreme for me. Weā€™re hoping that itā€™s much like the V2, but she knows that I like the larger size and the slotted air control.

To Me, I love the looks of the Theorem, its very sexy hahahaha, but best flavor wise, I prefer the Avocado 24, Easiest wicking with good flavor - Fodi F2.

Limitless - disadvantage is the short drip tip- too damn hot for chain vaping.

My preference now is the RDTAs with bottom tank because it solve the leaking / seepage issues. Also, I change my wicks after every 10ml juice being vaped. I find the flavor getting stale and requires a new wick and with the bottom tank, it is a breeze in getting in a new wick.
The bottom air holes RDTAs will have seepage problems unless you put too much cotton in there which will kill flavor.
I also own the Alleria, Boreas, Griffin 25, Moon shot, they all have seepage issues when my juice is less than 70%VG and when I manage to arrest the seepage issue, flavor goes down.
A lot of my DIY E-Juices are of 40% PG because I am a flavor chaser.

Anyway, I am a Newbie is this game, only 4months old and have still plenty to learn from you folks out there, that is why I am always on this forum to learn and experiment.

1 Like

re: http://reasonablevapes.com/magma-tank-clone/
Have the Magma RDA versions for MTL. Wondering if flavor is comparable to the RDA. Approx 10 mils between wick changes would be acceptable.
For me, I might as well go with RDA if I have a seepage-leak problem.
The Magma RDTA has a Wide bore drip tip . Makes me wonder if this unit is trying to be a cloud chucker or flavor machine. When a manufacturer tries to be both both, the outcome is generally less than one targeted to chucker or flavor build.

I donā€™t have the patience or desire for building either, but get a lot of encouragement to start. I love flavor, and I know flavor is better on the rtaā€™s than prebuilt coils. I just lose patience fast, especially with leaking. So I foresee wicking issues. Got my TFV4 Mini with maybe 6 hours use because the sucker wonā€™t stop leaking. Yes, Iā€™ve narrowed it to the seal on the chimney, just havenā€™t replaced it as it has too much airflow for me, and itā€™s not a comfortable draw no matter how I adjust the airflow. Got my hubby the Aromamizer and that is really nice, except that hated silicone ring. I will look for the new ring kit for him now, thanks for the info. I have been hearing non stop raves on that Boreas!

Heard to boreas leaks if ever on its side. Atleast what I have read and seen on the reviews. But just like with everything. Use caution and it should be fine.

Personally I am waiting for the next version of the boreas. Which of course I donā€™t know if that is even in the works. And nope, havnt herd anything about a v2 either.

1 Like

I just checked out the Avocado, and I think that will be next to order.

But I havenā€™t even tried the Griffin 25, or gotten the Aromamizer V2. I think I have ā€œthe bugā€ that causes a sudden increase in desire to get new toys. After 7 years of vaping this is probably the 5th or 7th time Iā€™ve been bitten lol.

1 Like

RTA: Billow V3 Plus - Pretty much the same as the Griffin 25, but smoother airflow.
RDA: Velocity, Velocity and Velocity. Super easy to build, great flavor. You need 30w+ though to make it really shine.

Hey, Avocado 24 is my favorite, if you want something more fancy, check this out from me the newbie, maybe JuicyGuts can also give me some ideas since he owns the theorem.

2 Likes

I have a Tsunami RDA, but I mentioned wanting another so that I could test my recipes easier. The wife started looking for me, asked what I wanted and I said ā€œI know that I want a two-post Velocity deckā€ so she ordered me a Velocity V2 clone. If the clone works out I may just buy a real one - as an ex-machinist I tend to sneer at sub-standard machining that many clones exhibit.

You wonā€™t be disappointed with the velocity, Iā€™m sure. I have a Kennedy 24 too, which is essentially a Tsunami without the airflow adjustment. And I much more prefer the Velocity.

Edit: And its definitely easier to flavor test on, as you can build a single center coil if you want. And there is more room in general, with not such a deep well and without a center post and air tubes.

2 Likes