Recommend a tank for a rebuilding newbie

Are you using premade coils or an rba head when you get leaking?

If the Boreas is wicked correctly and it took me 5 or 6 times,(not sure I can repeat) it will not leak when layed on itā€™s side.

1 Like

Really. Wow. Kinda surprising. A lot of the reviews said it did. Hmmm. That was one of the reasons why I went with the aromamizer supremeā€¦which hasnā€™t leaked at all.

Mine did leak until I got the wicking right.

1 Like

Well I got the Aromamizer yesterday, and my wife built it for me last night. She said it was a little tricky to wick, but itā€™s only the second tank sheā€™s ever wicked. I loaded it with one of my favorite commercial juices, one with a somewhat-weak flavor since I wanted to see if the Aromamizer really helped bring out the flavor.

HOLY CRAP this thing is flavorful! I may seriously have to switch to 0mg now. I can see myself going through a lot of juice just because of the flavor. Wow.

Many thanks to those who recommended this tank. Itā€™s awesome.

5 Likes

Love my gemini.

1 Like

Yeah. Alittle tricky. I look at asā€¦the ends of the wicks just need to dance over the juice holes.

Oddly enough first time wicking it was perfectly fine. Second time. Fine. Third time found out what the taste of burned cotton tastes like. After that itā€™s been all good.

Whatā€™s odd about the supreme version is a lot of people recommend vertical buildsā€¦but after rebuilding 10 times Iā€™ve settled on the horizontal.

1 Like

Hereā€™s whatā€™s worked for me.

1. When wicking the Boreas, be sure the cotton is tucked sufficiently to prevent it from touching the walls of the chamber once it is reassembled. Otherwise juice will wick along the inside of the chamber and out the juice holes. Most important.
  2. Duhā€¦make sure the wick holes are completely covered. :blush: In the Aromamizer I found the best wicking when the cotton is cut and tucked so that the ends of the wick are on top of the juice holes rather than lying flat over them. I donā€™t find this to be the case with the Boreas, and in fact I find laying the wick over the holes wicks perfectly while minimizing leaking.
  3. Use the small juice hole deck for anything 60/40 or thinner. Otherwise the large is best, especially when running higher heat.
  4. If you are using only a 1 or 2 hole air flow, donā€™t puff hard even though it might feel right doing so. That extra vacuum is pulling more juice than the coils can keep up with.
  5. When refilling, close off AFC. This also closes off juice flow. Fill, start the threads on the top cap, then flip upside down to finish screwing down the cap. While still upside down, open AFC to release pressure that was built from putting the top cap on.

This works for me and I have no leaking issues. Just the best damn vape from a tank ever! Good luck.

3 Likes

I think this may be my first reply since signing up but I will say from my experience as I am always looking for that perfect tank that offers good flavor and vapor production and I too have issues with wicking.

I have a slew of sub ohm tanks and I have some rebuild-able tanks like the Billow V2, Griffin and a Moonshot. The first two I have had zero success with and the Moonshot is just a little to much hassle especially given the spitback issue.
But currently my go to tanks are Ijoy Tornado that just rocks clouds, Ijoy Limitless and I must say my favorite for flavor is the Avocado 24, itā€™s a little tight on the airflow compared to the others but gives great flavor and no mess when filling.

2 Likes