Reddit Users

Dont know if I agree with that. I have found that some of the larger Vape forms are almost so large that people are generally supportive but when smaller, I find personalities get in the way, familiarity breeds contempt etc.

Just last night. In a canadian forum I go to. Having a problem with one juice hitting the back of my throat but no others. Had a feeling one of my mods wasnt reading properly but in the course of conversation someone decided to vent because of sub homing.

2 weeks ago one of the 2 admin. there made a really snarky comment about sub ohmā€™ing as I was learning about it. Quite nasty. Long story short, the admin was very rude in answer to a question I had asked about settings of a kanger sub mini tank.

I responded by simply telling this person they were out of line to be so rude. Apparently when one person decides to be rude on a forum, the person being spoken down to is not supposed to politely suggest that that first person is being rude and it could be done without. Apparently you are supposed to ā€œtake itā€. If you donā€™t mind being spoken to with such disrespect and answer as I did the person being rude is then appalled that you had the audacity to call them out on it. It seems people donā€™t like being called out on their bullying.

At that point, all other members quickly determine who is the stronger of the two.
That doesnt mean who is right but who is the one they most need or are loyal to simply due to longevity of being in the same forum together.
Essentially the newest most unknown of the two will be ā€œput in their placeā€ when the person initially rude than comes back with some really silly statement and does so whilst friends all click LIKE :wink:
Yes, this is high school theatrics at their worst, even those of 40 + still revert to such childish antics.

THAT is essentially the way these forums work. .
In that particular situation, I didnā€™t pick up on the fact that they apparently donā€™t like those that sub ohm.

So back there first time last night to ask a question concerning some juice I had and information about it i was after.
no mention of sub ohm, but a second person made a snarky comment about those that sub ohm + clouds.

LOL
Yeah, that was apparently a dig at me. The irony of course is that i have never blown a cloud in my life and assumptions have been made because I dared to flirt with sub homing. For me its simply about the flavour. But more so, an experimentation to find out what it is I LIKEā€¦the more I personally learn, the more I believe I dont need to sub ohm with the gear we have today but that i like a higher heat/wattage/etc but everyone thinks they know what you are the momet the term sub ohm comes up :slight_smile:

But on forums, people take their baggage whatever that might be and they project it onto someone, that for some reason, they see as being a part of a stereotype they donā€™t like.
Iā€™ve had it happen before when a person who could not pronounce my name and assumed incorrectly that I must be a male, made some really snarky comments about guys that sub ohm.
Yeah, something about assuming I must be a hipster with a goatee that must hang out in cloud contests.
Hmmmmmā€¦lol
Sad to say, he missed the humor intended when I told him I was a middle aged woman more likely at home weekends cleaning my bathroom than blowing clouds in a Vape bar somewhere and that as far as I knew, I certainly had never had a goatee or numerous tattoos.

BUT THAT has been my experience with Vaping forums. I personally have never run across so many ā€œdicksā€ as I have since I started to Vape and ask questions about itā€¦Alpha Dogs I like to think of them as and they are both male and female unfortunately :smile:

So yes you are very fortunate that you have not run across such people but i find, personally, that i have not run across them in this spot, E-Liquid Recipes Forums OR e-cigarette Forums! I have found these two specifically to be full of some very, very supportive decent people.

2 Likes

Very nicely spoken. Iā€™m learning how to deal everyday. Things seem as if they have calmed down some. I found that if I donā€™t challenge every situation than things go a whole lot better. Iā€™ve even noticed that some even came to my defense. But there are those few who will create negativity, even there is none. Thanks for repy.

1 Like

what exactly does that mean, that you can downvote them?
Assuming that there must be something you can just quickly click on to do so?

When you do this, what happens?

T.I.A

On Reddit there are upvote and downvote arrows on every post and every thread. This is supposed to work as a means to get important information up to the front page but oft is used to disagree which is not what it was intended for.

It is a great resource and a great study on the hive mind behavior. Hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Thank you, yes, it does, perfectly! I havent been a Reddit user and now I understand why. I looked at it a few times, albeit not for long and couldnā€™t make head nor tails of it. Everything seemed all over the place. I just thought it was a setting I needed to change in my preferences but wasnā€™t interested enough to dig in.
But now you tell me that, it makes perfect sense!

I will keep it in mind for a future resource although I think I have seen enough of the hive mind behaviour since the discovery of social networking :smile:
Thanks again!

As the Beasty Boys say in putting ā€œShame In Your Gameā€ā€¦

Fiending on power will make your blood clot
It starts with the greed and then goes all wrongā€¦Thatā€™s why we canā€™t all just GET ALONG.

3 Likes

Best of luck to you!

Not all together like itā€™s users.

I just got Trolled on Reddit.

Because I posted this.

3 Likes

Envy is a difficult emotion ;D ahhaha

3 Likes

Itā€™s just itching for a responseā€¦

Trolls hate to be ignoredā€¦

Silence is the best weapon against the troll!

2 Likes

That picture is sicā€¦ think Iā€™ll steal it.

2 Likes

That would look GREAT on my box mods!

1 Like

@NewDrip You probably dont care but i went through and fixed the downvotes you were receiving. It is a shame that people dont use the system for what it was meant.

3 Likes

Thanx @ken-o-whereā€¦ I really donā€™t know how the voting work anyway. I just like posting my builds and seeing what others a building. I just donā€™t see why some get offended by what others build. They must really have a small, mediocre life to let this type of thing bother them.

3 Likes

There used to be just one ecig sub, people getting offended over nothing is why we have a dozen now. Since i have been there at least 10 new subs have formed all because some people cant just scroll passed content they dont want to see. All this has done is divide a community that should all be fighting the same enemy.

The karma system is a failure, it is supposed to be used to bring worthy information to the top of a thread. It highlights the failure of democracies as a whole.

Ive got your back anytime my friend. Since i wont be writing for awhile my wife is picking up some labels i can print so i can get that stuff out to you. Im hoping she can bring me to the post office Saturday.

4 Likes

Thanx again Kustard Ken.

2 Likes

I agree - Donā€™t let the angry people get to you :smile:

It reminded me of Louis CK, not exactly this clip, but it is good enough :smiley:

5 Likes

And this is the main reason why this forum is so much better IMO too much criticism elsewhere.

5 Likes

I have to agree with youā€¦ Thereā€™s no place ELR Forum.

3 Likes