[REQ] Blue Slushie

I have someone requesting a max VG Blue Slushie juice. I have come up with this so far…

Blue Raspberry (TPA) 5%
Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy (CAP) 2%
Concord Grape (Stevia) (CAP) 4%
Koolada Solution (ECX) .5%

I haven’t mixed yet because I don’t really know how to use the Koolada. ECX says one drop per ml. But that seems kinda high to me. But I have never used it. Any help, or any other flavor suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Like

I looked at the top 5 rated recipes using TPA Koolada, and they use anywhere from 0.2% to 2%. 1 drop per ml would be closer to 5%.

I’ve got a blue raspberry slush flavor from OSDIY in my stash, but I haven’t mixed it up yet. It’s pretty popular tho and it’s 67% VG with alcohol to thin it if you really wanna get a supermax VG. I’m gonna mix some up right now. I’ll report back if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get a weird feeling when I vape koolada at higher % - so I start with 1 drop per 10 ml and sample - then add more drops as necessary…

1 Like

That would be awesome zigs!

That is what I was thinking too daath. The thing that got me is there are different Koolada addatives. Mine being ECX I didn’t see where many people used it. And TPA’s is labeled 10%. So I am a little confused on how to mix with it. Especially since ECX says to use 1 drop per ml lol. No way was I starting there.

Haha, I was half asleep last night. It looks as though that TFA Blue Raspberry really sucks. So I guess I will try something else.

I will order some of that OSDIY flavoring. But it seems OSDIY doesn’t make their own flavorings. I wonder if they use One on One. Because here is a Blue Raspberry flavoring that is partially VG based as well.

If you plan on ordering from OSDIY, they’re having a sale right now. 18% off with Jan2016. I posted it in the good deals thread, but thought you’d be interested. Of course, I just received a box from them yesterday…the day before I got the email about the sale. LOL.

3 Likes

Thanks. Any other recommendations I should try?

Not that I’m aware of. I had my eye on that flavor when I ordered, but I got the sweet tea instead. If you do get it, let me know how it is. :slightly_smiling:

I ordered the Blue Raspberry Slushie and the Old Tyme Rootbeer flavoring. The reviews seem really good on that site. Especially for the slushie flavoring. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks a bunch guys!

1 Like

I’ve got like 90% of their flavorings (they had a sampler special last October) so if there are any you’re curious about let me know. The Old Tyme Rootbeer is pretty yummy. I haven’t figured out the Southern Sweet Tea. It’s good, but not quite what I’m looking for in a tea vape. I might like to revisit it with a little shot of cream or something. But my favorite from them is one of their blends, called Lucky Shot. It’s a graham cracker/vanilla/caramel blend, so if you already have a recipe or flavors you like in that profile it might be redundant, but if not it is a pretty nice dessert base to add a bit of some fruit or another to!

18% off is a pretty good deal! I normally use the code PB&J for 10% off, but looking on the resources page here, you can get 11% off with ELRECIPES for an anytime discount.

3 Likes

I ordered 4oz sizes. Is that all they have? I didn’t see any other option.

Their site organization is a little confusing and really unideal for individual flavoring info (one comment section for all of their TPA offerings? yikes!), but apparently the sale going on right now is to celebrate the upcoming launch of their new site. Their flavors come in 1, 4, and 16 oz sizes. http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/brands/One-Stop-Flavors.html Instead of picking your flavor then the size, you have to pick the size then the flavoring. Kind of backwards from how most everyone else does it and something I hope changes on their new site.

1 Like

Well, I haven’t given it hardly any time to steep, but I’ve been vaping it today, and it’s pretty much the same flavor as a blue raspberry jolly rancher. So if that’s what a blue slushy tastes like, then you should be golden. :slightly_smiling:

I mixed it at 12% in a 20/80 blend but marked the flavoring base as “other” since the VG flavor carrier is likely thinned with alcohol. It came out a fair amount thinner than my usual 20/80 mixes, so it might be ok to treat it as PG based for thickness/wicking purposes if that is a concern.

1 Like

Thanks. I will give it a go when it gets here. There is a Blue Slushit recipe on here ising that flavor that looks pretty good. I will report back.

Ok, my flavors arrived! Now, I am going to share this here, because it pertains to this thread. But I just gotta share this in the Vape Mail thread as well. This is too cool. I have never been so happily surprised when I opened ANY package! EVER!

I know it’s just something simple. And quite silly of me to get excited over. But look what they sent me along with the two 4oz bottles of flavoring…

That’s right. I would have been happy as a clam seeing the gloves. It’s just such a nice thoughtful addition. But they also tossed in two pipettes, and a freakin’ Snickers and a Crunch bar! I can’t get over it. I am sitting here with this big ole’ grin on my face typing this. How thoughtful! Best retailer ever in my book.

6 Likes

I know right!! I think I got a kit kat and a twix last time, and some starburst and laffy taffy the time before that. It’s the little things. These guys might not have the rock bottom prices, but they’re pretty cool in my book. And, they got the twist top caps in stock just for me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Kidding, I doubt it was just for me, but I did ask them if they would. LoL.

3 Likes

I am still sitting here laughing every time I look at the zip-lock bag-o-goodies. I am sending them a very thankful email demanding whoever thought of this idear run for president. Ok, now I am going to go mix up this…

Raspberry (slush)

Ingredient %
Blue Raspberry Slush (OSDIY) 6
Marshmallow (TPA) 2.5
Raspberry (FA) 1
Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA) 3

Flavor total: 12.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

@zigz - Man, thank you soooooo much for recommending OSDIY! This Blue Raspberry Slushie is amazing brother! I made the recipe above and it is pretty good at first mix. I can’t wait to see what a steep does to it. I have to go give props to the creator :wink:

1 Like

I’ve ordered from them a few times. They don’t always send candy, but there’s always been some sort of freebie. Last time I ordered they threw in several 5ml flavoring sample bottles! :smile:

1 Like

It was for you Jo Jo :grinning:

1 Like