[REQ] Blue Slushie

Awww yeah! Welcome to the forum! :slightly_smiling:

Hi Kimberly. Glad you could join us! We love retailers here hehe. I am Kevin by the way in case you didnā€™t notice the praises I gave you guys above. I am getting ready to mix that Olde Tyme Rootbeer flavoring for some customers. It smells really good. I am dying to vape it.

1 Like

Ok, I just mixed up some Olde Tyme Rootbeer. This stuff is pretty good, but in the recipe I made something is giving a bit of a throat hit. I kinda like it, but I am finding myself cutting off the vape sooner than I normally would. Here is the recipeā€¦

Anise (FA) - .4%
Olde Tyme Rootbeer (OSDIY) - 12%
Vanilla (MF) - 1%

I know it will smooth out with a bit of steeping. So I think this is going to be a good juice in a week or two. The rootbeer flavoring is just a tad weak even at 12%. But itā€™s a really good flavor. Any thoughts on what I can add to it to give the rootbeer flavor a little more kick? So far, the OSDIY flavors are great in my book. I really want to try their Southern Sweet Tea flavor.

try a touch of wintergreen, its normal in rootbeer :slightly_smiling:

thanks! still lost lol :slightly_smiling:

Iā€™ve read that a bit of TPA Champagne can lend a ā€œfizzā€ flavor, but I havenā€™t used it so I donā€™t know if it would compliment Root Beer or not.

1 Like

I will try that this weekend along with Kimberlyā€™s Wintergreen recommendation. I think it just needs a good steep. And the throat hit was from the flavors containing alcohol. I didnā€™t remember that when I was vaping it lol.

I just got some OSDIY blue slush too.

The base flavour is there but its missing something, on its own its ok, nothing special.

I hope the recipe from ocmack will transforms it.

I didnā€™t want a creamy slushie, so I made this

Raspberry (slush)

Ingredient %
Blue Raspberry Slush (OSDIY) 6
Concord Grape (Stevia) (CAP) 2
Marshmallow (TPA) 3
Raspberry (FA) 1
Raspberry (Sweet) (TPA) 4

Flavor total: 16%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

This has turned out quite well. Customer is happy with it, and I kinda like it too considering I am not real big on fruity vapes. I may still work on it a bit. Maybe I will add a little FA Blackcurrant to it. I may raise the Raspberry sweet a tad too. Anyone else that has this OSDIY Blue Slushie flavoring I would love to see some other attempts at creating this.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait! I will probably put it in my bag next order from OSDIY. :wink:

1 Like

Great! I want to buy some more flavors from them. 2 for 2 so far are good enough I will buy them again. I need to work on the root beer recipe. The flavor is a tad weak. But itā€™s at least a flavor I can work with. Actually the same goes for the blue slushie flavor. But I wouldnā€™t have gotten this juice to taste like this without it.

1 Like

I know what you mean. That is why I took ocmackā€™s recipe and added the Concord Grape w/Stevia. It gave it some body and a little more sweetness. I donā€™t think it would be as good without it.

I love the lady that runs that onestopdiy and itā€™s not just because she sends Candy with every order hahahaha

1 Like

You mean Kimberly? She is the one I was dealing with. Very nice people!

Of course, when I was in Colorado, everyone there was really nice. So much so it made me want to move there. The fact that everywhere you looked was breathtaking didnā€™t hurt either.

1 Like

yes they have helped me so much in my journey into vaping

I used the above recipe and itā€™s very creamy and sweet. Not what I was looking for but itā€™s a bloody good vape!

Very addictive!

Edit: raspberry sweet should be TFA. Only the cream is another brand (FW). Wasnā€™t in stock when I was getting supplies.

Edit 2: this is only my 3rd time mixing btw, Iā€™m on to a winer. Iā€™m thinking of lower everything to 1% apart from the raspberry + marshmallow, bump up the blue slush to 8%.

i think i am going to up a couple flavors in mine. it is pretty good as is. i think a little stevia also will make it shine.

Hey @LordVapor ā€¦ Do you buy stevia ready made? Make it yourself? How is it different from EM? I use cotton candy a lot and do find that if I make a big batch of something the flavors fade. I need sweet and lots of it but am having trouble getting it to work the way I want. Could stevia be my answer?

I just bought 50g of Rebaudioside A 95% powder - I made a 10% dilution - 1g powder in 9g of PG - shook, gently heated, and shook some more until it was dissolved :slightly_smiling:

EM isnā€™t really a sweetenerā€¦ It brings out inherent sweetness of flavors, but doesnā€™t really sweeten. As youā€™ve discovered, it also mutes flavors over time.

Most here use marshmallow as a sweetener :slightly_smiling: Iā€™m going to try using this stevia stuff soon :slightly_smiling:

1 Like