[REQ] Charlie's Chalk Dust - Mr. Meringue

Think you are getting a bit of a hard time on here. What you are saying about being dissapointed with clones likeness to a juice and it being near on impossible is true. I would say you are probably over thinking the reasons why though.
The main reason is quite simple. You have said yourself some may have the same profiles and actually even be better. If I had a recipe for example of 7 different concentrates and even told you every single one of them in my recipe leaving out the percentages, I guarantee you still couldnt make the recipe to taste pretty much spot on.
I dont go for this “diy mixers can run rings round these companies” and the “commercial juice is shit as its full of sweeteners”. The only difference between diy and commercial juice is there are far more passionate diy mixers than vendors who are often just after commercial gain. Same time there do seem to be so many know it all, condescending diy mixers…dont become another one

4 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks for that note, I taste a bit of coconut in this also. Not heavy but it is on the back.

2 Likes

Looks good may have to give this try

1 Like

“stones”? can you elaborate

3 Likes

I know you didn’t ask me, but I’ll point you to a thread about stones.

You can make a ‘stone’ by only mixing flavors so it’ll be like a one shot concentrate or a new flavor on its own. So when you’ll mix with it you add pg/vg/nic and there you go.

7 Likes

Just got a new order in, and Tart au citron by chefs flavours is amazingly close at 20%, with a few tweaks. If you’re still looking for a simple mix that meets your requirements, let me know and I’ll post my complete recipe.

2 Likes

Can you eplain ‘‘stones’’ English is not my best language :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope this helps :+1::smiley:

5 Likes

How is your progress in cloning this? After reading through the thread, it would appear that the consensus on a 1:1 clone is achievable, just wondering how that is coming along.

1 Like

I know its not my thread, but I’ve come extremely close using chefs flavours tart au citron at ~20%.
I haven’t had the original juice in a fair while, but from my memory it’s amazing.

2 Likes

Already checking out alternative brands to try out, thanks for the heads up, I completely forgot about Chefs Flavors.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s considered a concentrate or a one shot. Who really cares when it give such a good end result!
I’ve used it as both with exceptional results.

2 Likes

I find now that Lunch Lady by Darren Cole is much better then Mr. Meringue… The only suggestion I have found for Lunch Lady by Darren Cole is to ad just a tad more Biscuit INW up from 0.5% to 1% & Bavarian Cream TFA up from 1% to 2% to round off the pie note. It is a steeper for sure.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of dinner ladies or Darrens version, too sharp for my liking, and I prefer the cream notes in Mr meringue. It’s the coconut, the combination with lemon just appeals to my palette. Seriously though, if anyone stumbles across this looking for a clone, try the chefs vapours flavour I mention above.

2 Likes

I’ve just started my DIY journey and I love Mr. Meringue. I ordered some Tarte au Citron per your suggestion and would love to know the recipe you finally settled on with that as your base. Thanks!

2 Likes

or their Juicy or Shisha version, they are sweeter than the normal one.

3 Likes

This is close just ad suger daddy and super sweet http://tjek.nu/r/xhBp than you have Mr meringue

4 Likes

I had mr. meringue in one tank and my version in another tank and tasted virtually the same with super sweet

4 Likes

It’s marked private and I’d really like to try this :slight_smile: please

2 Likes