[REQ] Charlie's Chalk Dust - Mr. Meringue

Ty but I just ordered 120ml more, I just love this stuff and until I can figure it out I guess the B&M will still get my cash. :wink:

1 Like

Not a problem buddy :slight_smile: Is it ok to carry on the discussion, just for any ideas people may have?

1 Like

Anyone tried Zeppola by FA? Just order some new concentrates, and this was in the mix. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s as good as the reviews and description, and that it brings me closer to the correct biscuit/pastry profile. Along with some different coconuts to try and find a better match than Capellas (FA and TPA).

Iā€™ve also made a few test mixes with FA cookie and TPA Pie crust, both as the main biscuit/crust notes and as accents to other flavours, as per the above recommendations. I donā€™t really like to shake and vape, so Iā€™ll share the outcome is a week or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya I dont know if it will fit but hey worth a shot it is a good flavour - more of a bready donut covered in powdered sugar than a crust but it may moderate your biscuits.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been curious about it for a while, so even if it doesnā€™t work Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find a use for it.
However, if itā€™s doesnā€™t fit Iā€™m literally all out of ideas! Iā€™ll have to search about for some alternative crusts. Iā€™m sure with a community like this one, someone will eventually figure it out :slight_smile:

Not really on topic, but I also order their Torrone.
If youā€™ve used/tried it, what was your opinion? Iā€™ve heard both brilliant and just plain average reviews.

1 Like

Personally I like torrone it is true to a traditional nutty nougat think the soft chewy kind - makes a good toblerone bar with the right chocolate

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was hoping for, love a bit of Toblerone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

bit of a derail but :

Toblerone

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Malted Milk (TPA) 0.25
Milk Chocolate (INAWERA) 3
Torrone (FA) 1
Vanilla Bean Gelato (TPA) 1.2

Flavor total: 6.95%

Make sure it is the old version of the inw milk choc not the new formula

4 Likes

It has become a bit off topic lol. Iā€™ve got it all apart from the chocolate. Iā€™m a big fan of jungle flavours milk chocolate, so Iā€™ll probably sub it for that at around the same amount :slight_smile: I may increase a few other flavours too, are they fairly strong, or do you like things lighter than average? Thanks for the recipe either way, buddy. Looks delicious!
Right, OP I promise Iā€™ll stop having off topic conversations that Iā€™m sure youā€™re not interested in on your thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Think you are getting a bit of a hard time on here. What you are saying about being dissapointed with clones likeness to a juice and it being near on impossible is true. I would say you are probably over thinking the reasons why though.
The main reason is quite simple. You have said yourself some may have the same profiles and actually even be better. If I had a recipe for example of 7 different concentrates and even told you every single one of them in my recipe leaving out the percentages, I guarantee you still couldnt make the recipe to taste pretty much spot on.
I dont go for this ā€œdiy mixers can run rings round these companiesā€ and the ā€œcommercial juice is shit as its full of sweetenersā€. The only difference between diy and commercial juice is there are far more passionate diy mixers than vendors who are often just after commercial gain. Same time there do seem to be so many know it all, condescending diy mixersā€¦dont become another one

4 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks for that note, I taste a bit of coconut in this also. Not heavy but it is on the back.

2 Likes

Looks good may have to give this try

1 Like

ā€œstonesā€? can you elaborate

3 Likes

I know you didnā€™t ask me, but Iā€™ll point you to a thread about stones.

You can make a ā€˜stoneā€™ by only mixing flavors so itā€™ll be like a one shot concentrate or a new flavor on its own. So when youā€™ll mix with it you add pg/vg/nic and there you go.

7 Likes

Just got a new order in, and Tart au citron by chefs flavours is amazingly close at 20%, with a few tweaks. If youā€™re still looking for a simple mix that meets your requirements, let me know and Iā€™ll post my complete recipe.

2 Likes

Can you eplain ā€˜ā€˜stonesā€™ā€™ English is not my best language :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope this helps :+1::smiley:

5 Likes

How is your progress in cloning this? After reading through the thread, it would appear that the consensus on a 1:1 clone is achievable, just wondering how that is coming along.

1 Like

I know its not my thread, but Iā€™ve come extremely close using chefs flavours tart au citron at ~20%.
I havenā€™t had the original juice in a fair while, but from my memory itā€™s amazing.

2 Likes