[REQ] Cool Raspberry by Liqua

Hello,
I need your help to make a cool raspberry clone as close as i can to liqua’s.
On the bottle they say : A mix of juicy raspberry and sweet strawberry with a crystal cooling kick.
As it is, the og is gunking the coil in 4 ml and it’s too chemical, but it’s very good in mtl (only)
I was thinking to start with something like this:
8% TPA sweet raspberry
4% TPA strawberry ripe (or CAP sweet strawberry?)
2% mint (i have : TPA Peppermint, Spearmint, Menthol- Vapable).
It is my 1st attempt at mixing and i’ve seen liquids are 12-15% flavor, 1-2%- mint (or cream), somehow 15% in total.
Am I wrong?
thanks

4 Likes

Aiming for a certain final recipe % is one of the worst ways you can try to make a mix, I have some recipes that are 10-15% flavor, I also have some recipes that are 3% total flavor…what do you taste when you vape it? Is the cooling aspect minty or just cold? Is the raspberry natural tasting or candy? Is the strawberry or raspberry stronger? Have you tried any of your flavors on their own, and do they match up with anything you taste in the juice?

3 Likes

I’ve bought some 10 ml bottles to …start somehow, from vapable. I don’t even have a scale yet i just need to cut the expense with the Cool Raspberry. I will use Wasp/Hadeon/VLS to taste them, and berserker mini- which is actually what the juices are made for. The Cool Raspberry, when dl, it’s nasty, it has an unpleasant component, i suspect strawberry, but the mint is what sells it, it’s not that toothpaste mint type. The rest is something with a nice perfume/aroma that i do not personally recognize as raspberry as i don’t get to eat them often ( or like them much). I haven’t tried single flavors because the bottles are just 10 ml and i don’t know how much i will need. You are right though, i should try them on their own. Please understand it’s my 1-st time and thank you a lot for your advice

6 Likes

You don’t need a scale, but you do need a way to measure, depending on where you are in the world you should be able to get single use syringes fairly easily, the calculator side will tell you what ml to use. Start by going to the recipe side and clicking on your individual flavor, you will see recommendations for flavor % usage as a single flavor, start there. Your 10ml bottles of flavoring will make several bottles of finished juice.

The way you describe this juice makes me wonder why you want to recreate it, if I had to guess I would say with just a little bit of work you could create something that tastes way better than the juice you are trying to recreate. Personally, I would start with your raspberry and find a % where it tastes good to you, then add in strawberry a couple percent at a time until you find your balance, and then you will have a strawberry/raspberry flavor that tastes good to you, after that you can play with cooling agents and mint.

You should also go to the beginner section on the forum and read a bunch, then read a bunch more lol I’m sure someone will be along soon that can drop a link to some beginner posts, I’m on mobile so it’s kinda difficult.

4 Likes

Also, I would test the juices you make on what you actually want to vape them with

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve read quite a bit. The reason i’m trying to make this juice is because the berserker mini and dvarw mtl ignores that part of nasty flavor and instead they give me ( and some other friends) the best mtl experience so far in 1 1/2 y. I’ve tried way more expensive shortfills.
Same thing on the dl side, just liqua cool lychee and ONE (lol) ivg pops were all i could find vapable ( plus some TOB on the side, for a short while). So i’ve spent a ton on juices i’ve thrown away. Tens of atomizers worth.

5 Likes

The floral note is probably coming from the raspberry. For a 10ml tester you will only use a few drops of your flavor so 10ml of concentrate is more than you are imagining. I would try the raspberry and mint both as a single flavor then in a separate bottle use the sfts to play with finding the ratio of raspberry to mint balance that appeals to you the most. The strawberry is likely just in there for adding a sweeter note, you might not even miss it if left out.

5 Likes

I get that floral/chemical note from Raspberry (Malina) INW. It’s a popular concentrate, you might want to give that a try over TPA.
Then again, I’d just try to create a better juice than the one you’re describing…

4 Likes

well…small steps. Thanks so much for your advice

3 Likes

That’s the way it goes with diy, small steps through the learning curve. Definitely try your single flavors so you get to know the ingredients you’re working with.
Success with it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What’s the deal??
Malina, Sweet Strawberry, sucralose, WS23 or Artic Winter and there you have it… (is it minty and cold??? Add Eucalyptus and mint INW) tons of ways of making it better then XXX, you want things muddled up? Triacetine… At the end, it’ll probably be better…:rofl:

On a side note, TOB flavors? @tewe where are you from?

3 Likes

I think its straight koolada or like extreme ice, no peppermint or etc. peppermint is flavored I believe, koolada, ws-series coolers aren’t.

Sweet Strawberry- CAP and Sweet raspberry tfa probably, id leave out sweeteners but that’s personal preference

4 Likes

Quite right, Liqua if I remember correctly is a firm from Hong Kong,so it could be a simple mix, I just said sucralose, coz they all put a huge amount of sugars in it…
You’re probably right, it can all end up to a TFA straight forward, Koolada, ripe Strawberry, Sweet raspberry,

3 Likes

Extreme ice FW is wintergreen flavoured. Not a bad pairing with raspberry, but definitely will be felt.

3 Likes

If the company is from HK could be using SC flavors.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your advises.
After 5 days of steeping i tasted the flavors. So far none of them is bad. Some of them are very faint tho, i’ll wait 4-5 more days after which i will taste and comment.
However, can i ask you guys what’s your fav taster rda, i just realized my wasps and my beloved vls are pc plastic so, prob will crack with mint. I don’t know if the phenomenon happens to pei or pom caps, still, i’d love to read about your fav rda for tasting the mix ( and if you can please suggest me a mtl rda for tasting )
thanks and have a great weekend!

3 Likes

Hello guys.

I’ve made , as you (well) suggested, samples 10 ml of each of the flavors(CAP and TPA from Vapable) i’ll list, no nicotine, 70/30 vg/pg, each15%- fruits and 8% mints, custards .

Big problem.

While the smell and perfume of some of them were godly, the taste was so, so diluted like i had used 0.25%. Pretty much warm water vapor but awesome smell. All of them, no exception

I had steeped them 2 to 3 weeks and tasted them at 5 days intervals. After the first 5 days all of them were harsh so i’ve let them steep another 5 days and tasted. Harshness was gone but no improvement in taste. After 10 days, the strawberry was completely gone.

Now, i’ve made my own before with TOB flavors and even local tier F flavors, all of them had taste after 1 week, some better than other , TOB is quite good at caramels that they call tobaccos especially tob red and tob costa rica.
What have I done so wrong?

Here is the list of the flavors:

Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Caramel Original (DX) (TPA)
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
Honeydew Melon (Cap)
Lemon Lime (Cap)
Menthol (Vapable)
Peach (TPA)
Peppermint (TPA)
Raspberry, Sweet (TPA)
RY4 Double (TPA)
Sour (TPA)
Spearmint (Vapable)
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
Sweet Cream (TPA)
Sweet Lychee (Cap)
Sweet Mango (Cap)
Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
Sweetener (TPA)
watermellon (TPA)

3 Likes

I think this is your problem, over-flavoring. Instead of having a stronger taste, it will start muting (even though you can clearly smell the sample).

The quick and dirty method doesn’t require a whole lot of bottles. Start with 1-2%, mix, shake and vape. Not strong enough, add concentrate, shake and vape. Take notes along the way.
You should find a workable range from where the flavor becomes detectable to where the flavor mutes or goes bad (burnt rubber? floral? soapy?).

The long method requires a whole lot more bottles, mix up different % of each flavor and check them (taking notes) along the steeping process.

Using too much flavor in your e-liquids can easily lead to vaper’s tongue, flavor fatigue or whatever you want to call it. Always try to use the least amount of flavoring necessary. It’s kinda like when you spend some time on a farm and can’t smell the shit anymore… same thing happens when you get too much flavoring. Your senses will become immune to it (temporarily at least).

5 Likes

Agreed, your percentages used are too high. You’ve essentially muted the flavors. Many of the flavors you listed are pretty bold at 3-5%.

4 Likes

I’m just a decent mixer, so please take this with a grain of salt. For tfa/tpa and capella, I would try them at 5% first. Some are stronger, some weaker, but most are alright at that %age.

4 Likes