[REQ] Pebbles D'ohnut and/or D'ohnuts

I think they are just saying the frosting flavor in that juice tastes like the pink frosting you get on donuts. I don’t think they are trying to describe the flavoring they use. Which to me, that frosting always had a slight raspberry taste to it.

2 Likes

Shroomalistic have you made something close to the strawberry donuts flavour? I made a 100ml of I love donuts a few months back and it’s horrible as you said in a previous post it’s got a strong taste of nutmeg or something I’ve vapes about 30ml of it and just put it to the back of the cupboard.

Trying to clone this too, so far I have:

Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 3%
DX Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1%
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 4%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA 3.5%
)Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 4%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3%
Vienna Cream (FA) 2%

Worked out well after over 3weeks steeping, got some good reviews, but they all said what I was thinking, still missing something.
I mixed this last week, going to let it get over that 3week mark until I try it.

Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA) 3%
DX Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1%
etylomaltol 10% INAWERA 1%
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 6%
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 6%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3%
Vienna Cream (FA) 1%

I’ll try another mix soon when I get some Meringue (CAP) & Super Sweet (CAP)

I just bought this today. I do not buy retail juices ever it’s been literal a year or more now since I have…I keep hearing you all talk about it so I had to break down and buy it since it was staring at me as I was looking for replacement coils lol.

Off the bottle it seems really very milky and less donut and strawberry than I thought. Hope I can be of some assistance in your endeavors as I love SB and donuts and cream :wink: Ultimately I just want to experience what you guys have become hooked on hee hee.

Update : I’ve vaped about 2 mls of this juice tonight and I could swear that this juice has very little if any real donut flavor in it… I get straight up Red Velvet Cake with some berries and milk I seen your new recipe @Shroomalistic and I totally get the whole cream and fruit circles but have you had TFA’s red velvet cake flavor ? If not , please get it and smell it right off the bottle ( retail one ) and compare it with the flavoring you just may be surprised. I have a test I am running and will let it steep to see but the WIP batch has very little frosted donut in it…I almost wished I’d made a separate one w/o any donuts butI didn’t.
Just thought I’d bounce that off y’alls heads to see if anyone can relate to what I’m say’n. It’s a nice juice for sure just not exactly what I was expecting.

2 Likes

Your comments about this juice reminds me of what Wayne (from DIY OR DIE) mentioned about My Man not having any chocolate whatsoever despite being market as Neopolitan Ice Cream. Every YouTube reviewer marveled at how you could taste all three of the flavors in it, and how vaping at different wattages emphasized different flavors in it. It’s pretty crazy how much the power of suggestion/marketing can influence ones perception… It also makes me appreciate how I’ve developed my pallete through my DIY journey!

3 Likes

I have vaped it on and off for the last day or so and I am trying very hard to get a donut out of it and I just have not, I vape a lot of donut juices lol just look at my board I must have 6 or 7 recipes that are donut recipes and another 6 that just have it in it for support . My pallet tells me somewhere in this juice is Red velvet cake TFA and I get a huge amount of cheesecake as well.

1 Like

Does the red velvet cake need a long steep time? I got some in this week based on a recommendation that it pairs well with FLV Cupcake Batter. Granted its only been five days since I mixed it up, but I can’t even get though enough of it to describe the off notes that I’m getting, which sucks b/c I love Red Velvet Cake IRL.

2 Likes

Well truth be told it doesn’t come across as RL red velvet cake…has some notes in there that remind me of maybe chocolate very far off deep down their there, It is chemical at times ( sounds horrible I’m sure )

I have found with this flavor it is a less is more approach and you’ll get more of what you were intending on in the 2-3% range. I have older recipes that are good but I have certainly changed my style since making those recipes and better flavors have come out. like this one http://tjek.nu/r/13CR I would never ever now use 5 % let alone 1% of cap’s cupcake batter noway days lol.

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be trying either MF Chocolate or RF Chocolate with some LA CCI

2 Likes

I hear that MF Chocolate is the go to one to get. I need to get it also. What are you making with this mixture ?

1 Like

Red Velvet Cake, You’ll definitely be happy with MF Chocolate, I have all three of them and they’re all great and none of them scorch at higher temps! I got them right after I got after I got Choc. Deutsch in as it made me optimistic about chocolate vapes again. I had some success in a preliminary test for a Black Forrest Cake when adding MF Dark Chocolate to Walt’s new chocolate cake a couple days ago, I need to work on the ratio of Dark Chocolate to Chocolate Cake just a little, but the most intriguing part was that while they combined to make a great overall flavor, the Chocolate Cake hung around just a second longer in the exhale giving the impression of frosting, an unexpected but much appreciated synergistic effect.

3 Likes

Ah, gotcha those sound wonderful ! I need to get them STAT :wink:

1 Like

Please tell me you cracked this clone. I’m only starting into DIY. And this too is my all time favourite juice. I buy 120ml at a time for like £45 here in the UK. Eagerly awaiting your reply…

1 Like

Sorry I have not. I’m gonna try some new sweeteners next. Nude nic has a few different ones I think I need to try

2 Likes

I am guessing pebbles is maybe a fruit cereal. FW fruity flakes is a spot on fruit cereal. May look into that.

1 Like

I’ve only tried the blueberry d’ohnuts and there was no way TFA Frosted donuts was in it as a main note. Perhaps to sweeten and boost the other bakery flavor(s). I’ve tried the clones on here of strawberry but to me they are weak… Still searching myself for the perfect doughnut so if I come up with one close by chance… will share it.

2 Likes

Just a random post. Have you tried wow FA? I really like working with that. I haven’t really gone down the rabbit hole for “doughnut” flavors. But between joy FA, wow FA, and frosted doughnut dx tpa I’ve been really happy. I think the happy point was wow FA.

2 Likes

I think wow is the closest thing so far. The sweetener is the hardest part so far.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried that one yet but I have been meaning to get some. I’m also going to try Solubarome’s donut version too as I find their bakery flavors are quite unique and versatile.Judging from mixes I have done with Nonna’s Cake and Nonna’s Red Cake, I need to get some wOw ASAP Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Cloning is probably the hardest thing to do in D/IY, I am still trying to nail down a few I used to buy from the Vapor Hut when I first started vaping.

1 Like