[REQ] Pulp Coconut Puff

Hi all! I am French, I have been vaping for 3 years and I love to make recipes. There is a liquid that I love and which is called COCONUT PUFF, From the PULP brand. But impossible to find anything to bring me closer to this recipe which is one of my favorites. I’ve tried so many different coconuts that I don’t know what to do. Does anyone know this liquid well? Can someone help me create a recipe? thank you very much to all!

6 Likes

Just let us know a bit more about what it tastes like.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!

it tastes like a yellow coconut cake like candy coconut balls, and, on the exhale, cotton candy

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

In case you don’t get any help (which is likely since not very known company), i’d probably try one of the following:

Try to exclude what coconuts are most certainly not in Pulp; that’s easier than finding what is in. At least you’ll have somewhere to start.
Then i would probably try some of the high rated recipes with those coconuts & Cakes/doughs/Biscuits. You’ll get an idea where you’re nearing or distancing from the Pulp.

I never tried it obviously, but based on your description and some reading about Coconut Puffs, i would probably try other direction first, not yellow cake (those pics may confuse you, but giving that name they obviously tried to make coconut puffs, not coconut cake):

I’d probably play with some kind of Dough (i’d start with Beignets Solub since you probably have it) + Desiccated Coconut VTA (for dry shredded coconut flakes) + some other coconut that comes closest to what you taste in Pulp (my first suspect would be one of Solub Cocos). I’d probably add a drop or two of some custard or cake butter and i might even go adventurous and add a drop or two of Powdered Sugar OOO. (note: i’m pushing for Solub since Pulp is a French company and it is likely they’re using French brands). Damn, this sounds tasty; i will probably try to make something in this direction next time… :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Looks like @Mikser has given you somewhere to start and the advice that the rest of us would give also.

I just want to add a little sumpin sumpin to what mikser said. Lets see, how do I explain…?

SFT’s (single flavor test) are an important way to familiarize yourself with a concentrate but you need to know that it could change once added to another concentrate. It is quite possible that you have the flavor already. Something I always say is “don’t throw the baby out with the bath water” NO WAIT
that’s not it. My bad… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :grin: Sorry just being silly.

I have quite a few concentrates that I just don’t like as a single flavor. Put that flavor into a recipe and it transforms!!

Good Luck and we are always willing to help. There are no stupid questions.

5 Likes

Thank you for your thoughtful response! Yes … it’s very tasty, Fat Juice Factory are delicious gour. I’ve tried lots of coconuts before, but not Solubarome … good idea. I’ve also tried some recipes from this forum, but nothing looks like Coconut Puff. I take all the information, with pleasure! @Mikser if you want me to send you a vial, I can no problem!

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad if it could be of some help. No need to send anything; i’m not a supertaster; most probably couldn’t come close anyway (not to mention high shipping costs). But, thanks for that!

Since you’re not too familiar with Solub flavors, i’d suggest to skip their coconuts since you already have lots of them (i’m sure you could get pretty close with those anyway). What i mean is i would probably focus more on the cake/biscuit/dough part, If you get close there, then finding the right coconuts wouldn’t be a problem (if you can’t come close there, then Solub coconuts wouldn’t bring you much closer).

Here is why you can’t always rely on pics shown by vendors (and often even their descriptions); it’s the same Coconut Puff Pulp liquid and vendors describe it very differently; yellow cake, white cake, various cookies, coconut balls and even raffaello… Trust your nose and your tongue and maybe you can pick up which one is more likely in it (and then maybe find high rated recipes in that direction). Happy mixing!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Forum …Can you list the Coconut flavors you have tried in liquids to create the Coconut Puff ???

3 Likes

Makes sense …anyone know how long this liquid came out ???

3 Likes

OOOH!! Aaaaw! Ok!!

5 Likes

now I’m confused about the type of cake / dough :crazy_face::tired_face:

5 Likes

Hmmm, hard to get exacting information on this one, coconut, white cake, butter, icing maybe ??

4 Likes

Shit, it actually sounds pretty good. @mikser, @fidalgo_vapes what are you guys thinking ??

White cake, maybe smidge of yellow cake to fatten out, maybe 2 coconuts for body and topper, some butter cream, and flv frosting ?

5 Likes

icing that gives that cotton candy taste on the exhale? Hum… :thinking:

3 Likes

Well that’s a matter of taste @Angelicash, I’ve never had that juice, and don’t know if FLV’s Frosting is in it or not, but it IS a spot on Frosting. There may be none in that mix, could be FA Meringue with another creating a similar effect.

Is it a White Cake, with Coconut and Frosting ?

6 Likes

That is the question… white cake? Angel cake? Yellow cake? Cake batter? Macaron? With butter cream? Or not? Iced? Or not? Coton candy? Or not… :tired_face:
Coconut… I tested, with yellow cake and buttercream:
Sweet Coconut Flavorah
Coconut Capella
Coconut Extra : The Perfumer’s Apprentice
Dx Coconut TPA
Coconut Candy TPA
Coconut cream pie : Flavor West
Creamy coconut : Flavor West
Noix de coco de Tahiti : Solubarome

PLEASE HEEEELP!! Lol :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I fear you have a problem with your nuts. :rofl: None of these coconuts is giving that dry shredded coconut flakes taste you need (no idea about that Solub one); they are all either creamy, oily, candish. They could be useful for the background coconut in this kind of recipe, but for the main part of the coconut you will need more realistic and dry flakey one.

The best coco for dry shredded coconut flakes taste is Desiccated Coconut VTA. I’m sure Delosi, VSO, SSA could also work well, but i never tried those.

Which one of these is more likely to be used in Pulp’s Coconut Puffs? None of them most probably (VTA is not even 3 years old company, Delosi is too difficult to reach in Europe, VSO is new, SSA could be, but extremely unlikely; i’d say it’s an easy to reach commercial brand and it is probably French or German). Instead of searching for the needle in the haystack, i’d probably just buy one of the mentioned realistic coconuts.

What type of bakery is used is a mystery, but the name Coconut Puffs suggests kind of fried doughy type (plus your sugary airy exhale supports that). I don’t think they’d put this name for a heavy creamy cake or cookies, so i’d avoid those.

My first choice was Beignets Solub for mentioned reasons, but i can imagine Funnel Cake CAP working here perfectly as well; down the road would be FLV/WF Doughs or even Joy FA with some help (avoid Zepolla, Glazed donuts). It could also be macaroons as you have mentioned (Twisted Flavors Coconut Macaroons is rated highly as well and true to its name); but then again, why would they name it Puffs in that case? I’d check the most obvious suspect first (but know that i never were a detective).

6 Likes

My go to is Sweet Coconut (FLV) paired with Coconut (FA) for that dryer aspect. Don’t know if that helps. The VSO is a very realistic coconut. @SessionDrummer has recently tested both VSO and SSA Coconuts. He could say more about the SSA.

4 Likes

Are you sure you’ve never been a detective? I probably have a problem with my nuts :joy:

4 Likes

Never tried any SA Coconut. What are they like? I love me some Coconut, but struggle to get a good mix for it. I hear Delosi do the best one, but I can’t seem to get it in the UK. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

5 Likes