[REQ] VapeMoar Cafe Express (or anything along those lines)

Oh no, I haven’t played with all of the caramels and butterscotches, but I really like the ones I do have, mostly FW yes. FA Butterscotch isn’t one of them and I haven’t tried any Hangsen.

I totally see where you’re coming from, ha ha ha, I made a whole lot of Butterscotch for Christmas and I managed to get rid of quite a few of them myself. :innocent:

I only just now startet my Chocolate journey with TPA Double Chocolate (Clear) and I’m very pleased with that one. Hee hee, I guess she’s a sweet tooth huh?

Have you tried INW Shisha Strawberry? What do you pair them with? And what percentages do you use?

Have you tried INW Shisha Strawberry? What do you pair them with? And what percentages do you use?

That’s one I haven’t tried.

I have tried:

TPA Strawberrry Ripe. First flavor order. Got a 4oz bottle of this. Tried it Solo @ 3,5 & 7%. Cannot really make out the strawberry at all. Have use it in a Lava Flow Clone I’m working on in various %'s (latest is 6.5 with coconut extra, pineapple, & sweet cream). Comes out sweet but doesn’t taste like a strawberry. About 60-40 on the candy / real fruit scale. Call it subdued, you can make out there’s something vaguely strawberryish there but it’s hidden behind something that approximates cardboard. Used this one in several recipes, most of which where this is the dominant note, but even though it’s way farther forward than the other flavors in the recipes, you can’t really place it as being “there”.

NN Strawberry Banana Smoothie. This (and the other two Nude Nic flavors I bought) is incredibly mediciney, even at low %. I’ve tried leaving the cap off for a day, heating it, flogging it with a wet noodle, doesn’t seem to matter. Just can’t taste the strawberry at all, and for the most part just not impressed at all. Very chemically feeling.

CAP Sweet Strawberry. Again, various %'s. In standalone tried a 3,5 & 7%. Tastes sweet, but does not pop at all. About 75/25 on the candy / real fruit scale.

Flavor Express Strawberry. I’ve got a couple other fruits (grape, orange, red apple) from FE. Not sure about these guys as they’re from China which, without an MSDS sheet makes me wonder how much lead, arsenic and leftover lithium from the week prior when the factory producing this was making toys and laptop batteries I’m getting in the goop. At any rate, I kinda like the orange and grape, the red apple is so so but not great. The strawberry? Not so much. It’s like a hint of strawberry packed in damp gray cardboard.

The weird thing is I make my own sodastream liquids as well and have no problems with the strawberry there. Pops right out and smacks you in the face, but for some reason I cannot get a decent strawberry to pop out of any mix I make. Haven’t tried the INW one (their stuff is spendy), but if that rocks it I could give it a whirl.

I’ve had a couple commercial juices with strawberry (Naked 100 Lava Flow, and a local B&M Strawberry something or other) which I got a very good pronounced strawberry out of.

Maybe I’ve just burned the receptors out or some such. I did blow through a 60 ml bottle of the lava flow in one hell of a hurry. Just can’t justify dropping that kinda cash on a bottle of juice, when I know they have less than $1 in materials in it.

As for the wife’s sweet tooth? You have NO idea. Very Bad Thing to be a diabetic around, particularly around the holidays. Damn ovens are on pretty much 24/7. She makes an absolutely deadly knock off of the starbucks Cranberry Bliss bars that put me into a Jerry Garcia coma just being in the room with them. Homemade from Scratch Banana Pudding that if I take this to work will vaporize in under two minutes the second people get wind that it’s there. Homemade from scratch chocolate pie that I need a whole bottle of insulin to offset, which she gets requests to bring from all over the country. We can’t go anywhere without at least a couple of those in the car. Then there’s the various stuff with white chocolate, the mints, the orange rolls, it goes on and on. She does make an absolutely killer sugar free Apple Dumpling and an equally killer sugar free cinnamon roll.

@fidalgo_vapes started this Strawberry thread today, I don’t know if you’ve read it:

CAP Sweet Strawberry is weak and you can almost double your percentages on that one, but either way I would recommend INW. Even better, add another strawberry to any strawberry and they will complete and strengthen each other.

Lol, sounds like you should keep away from the China stuff though.

Thanks for the Heads up. Guess I"m not alone in the search for the SB’s…

As for the Chinese Flavors, FlavorExpress is carried by ECigExpress. They’re probably “relatively” safe, but who knows.

Hadn’t played with mixing them. In @fidalgo_vapes thread several folks have commented that some of these just lose their taste or take a while to show up. Will copy my notes from here to there though.

Added my wife sweet tooth bits to previous (was editing it when you replied).

1 Like

Oh :yum: When can I borrow her? She can be a lot of inspiration for your mixing though - just transfer her recipes to e-liquids.

Yup, a lot of vapers struggle with the strawberries.

She is. Love her cooking. When we first got together she looked in my fridge and freezer and said “oh hells no. We don’t do shit from boxes, it’s from scratch or nothing”. I do sound for music festivals, and we work them out of a 5th wheel. This allows her to cook for days ahead of time and have something approximating a real kitchen when we get there. The people in the bands love her like you can’t believe, because most of em never get to eat like that. They’ll come off stage and sort of mumble, “uh Apryl wouldn’t by chance have any leftovers?”. The crew at these things pretty much are green as they get whatever the hell catering cares to pass off for “food” that day, and I’ll be out front mixing some headlining band with a frigging multi course something or other she’s whipped up that day and they’re looking at their ham sandwich and bag of fritos.

I’d love to figure out how to pull off any of her desserts, but I’m still such a newbie at the mixing game. I get the math of it, the process of it (had couple semesters of college chem in engineering), and all that, but am still having a hard time getting the juices to come out decent. It may be that all the commercial juices I get exposed to have so much sweetener in em, and while I use sucralose all the time in my SodaStream juices, I tend to steer clear of it and sugars in liquids because they junk up your coils and wicks, and produce nasty stuff at vape temps that probably aren’t super safe to be inhaling long term. I have played with Eyrithitol simply because it doesn’t caramelize at vape temps, but it’s got a bit of an off taste and isn’t nearly as sweet as surcalose.

1 Like

Aah, she sounds like a real keeper and I adore how you speak of her with so much love and admiration.

Ha ha ha, Wonderful. She deserves you sweating over the Starbucks-like oversweetened overflavored coffee e-liquid :smile:

You’ll get the hang of it in no time and I look forward to your Banana Pudding vape. :+1: I only do a drop or two of sweetener from time to time, but maybe you need them for now if you find your mixes bland.

1 Like