Resources and Tips for Beginning DIY E-liquid

i live in the los angeles california area

3 Likes

Welcome to the DIY journey!

A lot of what you need can be purchased from somewhere like Amazon (scales, PG & VG, syringes, pipettes, bottles, etc.); the flavoring and nicotine are best purchased from a well known vendor, such as Ecigexpress, Bull City Vapor, Heartland, The Perfumers/Flavors Apprentice and the likes. Take a look around the resource pages here on ELR and use the search box on the forum to direct you to many post concerning getting started. Then, jump out there and post a new topic in Beginners for some serious helping hands! Lot of people here that will love to help.

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Jimk

2 Likes

My pleasure! And seriously, don’t be hesitant to post a question. The sooner you do, the faster you will be mixing your own juice!

2 Likes

Sweet very nice job

Great job putting all this together in one place! Thanks JoJo and all who contributed as well.

1 Like

My tip/s would be to start with 5 star recipes on this site or others that appeal to your tastes. Stick to the recipe percentages faithfully and the flavor suppliers as best you can. It makes a huge difference in some cases. Mix them and let them steep. Be patient as it will generally be rewarded. Do this a few times with a few recipes until you get the feel for it. Then go back and look at what you have made and think about what it was lacking or what was overdone and adjust the recipes accordingly. TAKE NOTES! Basically, practice until it becomes familiar. Then you will find yourself starting to come up with your own ideas. Don’t be afraid to fail! I have certainly created a couple of bottles of paint remover myself. :blush: ALSO I highly recommend dedicating one RDA to taste testing. I have evolved/devolved to a wickless 5 strand Mundy coil in a Magma RDA. I find that this gives me the clearest perspective on exactly what the juice tastes like. Use flavor chaser coils (with wicking) like the above in your other RDA’s. Use the Mundy, Diamond or Tri-coil and you will get the most enjoyment from the fruits of your labor. Good luck and enjoy!

8 Likes

Great recipe creation rundown/how-to by @LordVapor

3 Likes

Someone should remove the coupon code for Flavorah from the resource page. It expired at the end of 2015. I was 4 days too late…

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve contacted Flavorah - Most likely it will be renewed! Keep your eyes peeled :slight_smile: (What an odd expression :smile:)

7 Likes

I peel mine daily. Helps keep them fresh :smiley:

5 Likes

I hope so. Have an order sitting there, waiting…

1 Like

Ah - I’ll be sure to let you know when Brendan gets back to me!

2 Likes

The code has been renewed and should work again! :slightly_smiling:

6 Likes

Thanks daath. I went to continue my order, entered the code ELRECIPES, but didn’t get the 5%. It’s 3.5% now. :frowning:

1 Like

Uhm it should be 20%, but only for 15ml - I don’t think the bigger bottles are discounted… How did the receipt look?

ahh… ok. I had some 15ml and one large 4oz. WEll, pooh.

1 Like

Ah :confused: I agree - discounts should be for all purchases, but I can only prod Flavorah that much :smiley: hehe

2 Likes

I just thought of a little tip since I screwed up last night while being a little inebriated, and having a really strange desire to mix. Stop chewing or drinking and swallow now unless you have a wet-nap handy to wipe off your screen. I read from the wrong column again (yeah, the bold grams column didn’t save me this time). Now… stop laughing :smiley:

Weigh your bottles of ingredients before you start pouring, write the numbers down. That way if you screw up you can go back and see where you screwed up. Wish I had thought of this before I screwed up lol.

Good thing is the recipe turned out really good regardless. I just wish I knew what was in it :wink:

4 Likes

ok. i thought i was the only one to do that. though i never had the who hous to admit to it.:slightly_smiling:

1 Like