This review is for those who are interested in the different new cottons on the market. My opinion is subjective of course. We all have different taste buds and so on… but, maybe someone will find this information interesting.
We all know good old Muji cotton. It’s for a long time on the market and proved itself as a good choice.
Couple of month ago I’ve bough the Cotton Bacon v2 for the first time. Pricey cotton if compared to Muji - 5$ - 7$ …
But I was really impresed by 3 things:
- You don’t need to cut the cotton, you can tear it by hand - very comfortable to form the wick - I really enjoyed working with this material. Muji is made from pressed cotton sheets - Cotton Backon is not.
- The taste is less agressive compared to Muji and the Cotton Bacon brings out nicely more gentle notes of the juice!
- I actually trust those guys who have made this product. They claim that it’s a US grown cotton free from chemicals. It feels like a very good product indeed - looks perfect, feels great in the hand, no smell, very clear taste.
I was happy for sometime but then another new kid on the block came out - The Cotton Candy Collection.
Well, I like new stuff - watched couple of reviews via YouTube - the guys out there were telling that it’s a fantastic product, very different from anything else that they’ve seen before … Yes, I like new stuff! Even though the price grew almost twice from the Cotton Bacon v2 - 9.90$
Wow, that cotton must be really something for that price.
I’ve ordered 2 boxes from the original website.
First impressions - cool packaging, looks like the owner of the product gave it a good thought. I like quality and beautiful packagings! The cotton itsels is super fluffy, much fluffier that the Cotton Bacon. I like stuff that feels good in the hands! It’s an enjoyable experience to wick with it. AND - it’s an organic cotton - I’m a fan of organic products. I was pretty happy!
But in the end was really disappointed.
- This cotton was represented as the super heat resistant cotton - it’s not.
It’s burning similar to Muji. To my opinion the Cotton Bacon is much more resistant. I’ve contacted the owner of the Cotton Candy to find out some information.
I thought that maybe I should wick it in a different way. The owner is a nice guy who had answered all of my questions and gave me an outstanding customer service and I’ve really appreciated that. He has told me that I should use less cotton. Ok, I’ve used less cotton. It burnt less, yes but in the end of the day (I change my cotton every evening), I could still see signs of a bit burnt cotton.
I’m not a coil builder who’s vaping on 100 watts - I “a calm style” vaper - regular micro coils - 26 - 28 gauge, 2 mm, 8 wraps - not more than 30 watts. If that cotton was super heat resistant, I shouldn’t have seen a burnt cotton with my style of vaping.
I’m not a begginer in vaping - even though, I’m vaping for a little bit more than 1 year - almost all this time I was wrapping coils and wicked by myself - I’m not a fan of premade coils. I know how to wick! Those 2 facts proves me that the Cotton Candy is not so heat resistant as it was represented to us…
- Another disappointment - the taste is pretty weak if compared to the Cotton Bacon. That was a pretty strange discovery for me. Hhhmmmm… where’s the taste? Why is that?! I don’t know… I’ve bought an Authentic product from the Authentic web site - it’s not a cloned product.
Tried different juices, different coils - nothing. Same weak taste. Wrapped parallel coil which brings out the taste better - with the same result!
It’s a pitty… I’ve really wanted to like that product! Would like to hear other opinions here. What’s your experience with the Cotton Candy Collection?
I’ve got back to the Cotton Bacon v2 and I’m very happy with it!