[review] ZINK happy Smart App Printer

After using my label printer I got from Walmart I figure it’s time to upgrade from

It works but, I was never happy with having to type every single label.

So i looked around and I found happy

Setting this up on my iPad was easy.

Plug device in
Connect my tablet to device directly to my tablet using my tablets WiFi connection

And was printing in just a few minutes

Overall I think the image quality is a lot better than I was expecting. I was chatting with @SmilingOgre and playing around with other apps on my tablet. I got another surprise.

I printed a pdf file that had my insurance card in it. It is readable with a magnifying glass. So the printer can handle really fine print…

Okay time for the cons…

The adhesive doesn’t stick to well to the bottles. This morning the ends were coming off the bottle. (Possible solution print a label large enough to completely go around the bottle one end is stuck to the other end)

The app was easy to use but doesn’t want to print fine print…

Over all the printer does preform as advertised. But the adhesive doesn’t impress me…

My 5* Rating for the printer - is a 4

9 Likes

The ZINK app review

Overall the app was fairly easy to use. With a little imagination you could create some fairly nice labels…

The zink store

This feature is pretty much self explanatory. Eveything in the ZINK store is free. I didn’t see anything that asked for $$$$$. And lots to choose from.

Settings

Settings screen before happy is connected

After happy is connected

I really didn’t mess with anything in settings once happy was connected… but once happy is connected. You’ll notice a few icons in top right of screen. It seems like happy keeps track of what’s on the roll . Looks like I have 16 feet 7 inches left on the roll. And I have a 2 inch roll installed.

New design

Very simple user interface, but with a little imagination you’ll be able to create some interesting labels

5 Likes

Reserved for does this work with windows ?

EDIT: 1/15/2019

Yes it does work with windows. found drivers for it in widows driver catalog

using hot rods juice calculator and printing labels just fine…
e9ad1848112357aa1a2fabfb8bcd9ae50bfcd248_2_666x500

2 Likes

Reserved for label retest

2 Likes

Okay , I’ll be back later got to go pay some bills.
Still have some links I need to add.

2 Likes

Great Review!!! Groove!!

2 Likes

I’m not thru yet. Just bill collector called

2 Likes

Lol, Damn Flies!!!

3 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for the review! I love the color!

3 Likes

well finally got a computer and was able to test if happy would work with a pc…

happy to say yes it does and im happy

3 Likes

We are happy that you are happy that happy does :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Oh, this is an awesome device. I personally never used it, but I saw how my friend prints labels using a tablet and this printer and it was very fast. This printer does not work very fast, but it uses quite a bit of ink and other materials. I recently bought a printer for abstracts and laboratory work from mrdepot and print speed was faster than this printer. By the way, both of them are very easy to connect to a PC or phone. I also conducted an experiment and realized that the cartridges for my printer are not compatible with the label printer. Perhaps this information is useful to you.

3 Likes

Dang, I wish I would have seen this post when it was posted. LOL. Anyway, I want one. Are you still happy with it?

2 Likes

This looks exactly like the Brother VC-500W - I think it’s the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-VC-500W-Versatile-Wireless-Networking/dp/B07KWW7RH6/

I have it - and I really like it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sweet. Thank you kind sir. Much appreciated.

5 Likes