Rhodonite (macaroon) review anyone?

anyone tried this? What’s it like?

2 Likes

There are loads of reviews on the recipe’s page that you displayed above. No idea why you need more than the many are there?
BTW, personally, I don’t like it much. I haven’t liked any of his recipes that I’ve tried, most are too weak for me, but as you know, taste is very individual, a lot of people seem to like his recipes.

4 Likes

I like it. i haven’t vaped any of it in a long time but I have about 60ml hidden away around here.

If you have the ingredients I would make it, if you don’t have them then I would order the AP and torrone in just 10ml bottles because you won’t use very much.

4 Likes

I think it was 2015 Recipe Of The Year. Just like you, it didn’t work for me either. After his lengthy description about all it’s subtle nuances, (the power of persuasion) all I got from it was raspberry. I tested it off and on for 6 months, but nothing exceptional for me.

6 Likes

I get Fuji Apple from it. Not sure why my tastebuds are so in tuned to that flavor. But overall I like the flavor of the vape. Not sure I would rate it as the best recipe of any year though.

3 Likes

I get a very strong raspberry meringue, My Mrs loved it when she vaped and I thought it was Ok, It’s a pleasant summer vape, and yeah I’ve got half a bottle knocking around that’s about a year old…I should dig that out actually lol

4 Likes

It’s delicious. If you like raspberry, try it.

5 Likes

I reviewed it along with some others from Wayne…

7 Likes

I am currently working on a 30ml bottle I made. It is NOT a shake and vape. As delicious as the description was, I was disappointed when I finally got to taste it. After a week steep, all I go was almond and vague fruitiness. Even now, as the almond has mellowed, I still don’t get the flavors I was hoping for, I don’t taste apple, I don’t taste raspberry, I don’t taste macron… It is sweet and yummy, but not what I hoped for, since I love almond, raspberry, and apple. I do like the juice, I just didn’t get all I had hoped for. I do have a new rda that I am eager to retry it on, so when I get to it, I will update.

2 Likes

You’d think the Recipe of the Year would be exceptional. When I see an elaborate description like he had, backed by the hype around it, I’d think it would be spot on to what he’s saying. There seems to be a bit of salesmanship injected in his description. And then again it might be great compared to the best some have had before that mix.

I know my palate is a bit out-a-whack, but I just didn’t get it.

5 Likes

I know what you mean. I am hoping that my new rda will help with the flavor, and the lack thereof. I just switched from the ego style vaporizer (it is a xeo void). I will admit that one could still qualify this particular juice as “steeping”, as well, but I am afraid that the flavors will only become more muted with time, rather than “come out”.

2 Likes

I actually bought the ingredients (flavors) to make this recipe, based on the reviews it received. I’m glad I did because I would never have bought them otherwise. However, I didn’t like Rhodonite … at all. After a 2 week steep, all I got was macaroon with a vague raspberry undertone. It absolutely did not live up to the hype. I am glad I bought the flavors though. I would never have even thought about buying Torrone in a million years, but surprise, I really like it. How’s that for a silver lining? :grinning:

3 Likes

Say it ain’t so! :rofl:

…probably not. :wink:

…you and quite a few others, I’m sure. :smirk:

4 Likes

This last statement really make me want try this again. Maybe I’ll adopt this phrase, paste to my recipes and they all will taste better…LMAO.

6 Likes

Rhodonite i’ve noticed has a large group of people who only taste raspberry in the mix. Many people seem to be very sensitive in to INW Raspberry Malina, and as you can see there’s only a touch of it in the recipe. Maybe try INW Malina on its own and see if its too overpowering to you before mixing the recipe if you don’t want to risk wasting the rest of the ingredients. That being said, it’s still my number one seller by a long shot. And the same goes to @Pro_Vapes. I would check and see if you’re super sensitive to INW Rasp before trying it again, cause if you are you won’t be able to pick up the many nuances of the mix.

10 Likes

I have no problem with MF Wild Rasp, but I do have sensitivity to Rasp INW… too perfumey for me.

Looking at that recipe, it really looks good. Your description and the hype is really over the top for me, because it doesn’t really match up to how it taste to me.

Yep… Just like I said…[quote=“Pro_Vapes, post:10, topic:142349”]
And then again it might be great compared to the best some have had before that mix.
[/quote]

4 Likes

yeah it seems to be that some get a strong fragrance from inw raspberry. There’s also the other side who are those “non-strawberry” tasters who don’t taste the raspberry at all. Always hard to make an intricate recipe that can please everyone as I’m sure you know. And my description of the recipes are based on what I taste and develop. I have no interest in misleading anyone into vaping something I didn’t intend.

11 Likes

That’s why so many say “taste is subjective”. I must say that I’ve haven’t seen a palate as far apart as yours and mine. If you tried my mixes you might think they suck, but to me they are great.

4 Likes

battle battle battle @Pro_Vapes vs @DIYorDIE is th at what im sensing , or a collaboration lol im just stirring the pot and messing with you two :wink:

9 Likes

Battle? More like a pillow fight! :wink:

6 Likes