Rootbeer crazy

Trying to find the best root beer flavor to make rbf I’ve heard good things about tasty puffs Rasta rootbeer but just curious if anyone would know! I’ve been using caps root beer and I like the taste but can’t seem to get it strong enough! I’m already at a 20./. Total flavor mix and am afraid of going higher but I saw a recipe where rob used caps rootbeer at 22./. Due to its lack of potency so I might try it but damn. With my vbic in the mix would total out to 30./.

3 Likes

Check out this thread. A bit down he talks about root beer.

5 Likes

Thx man I appreciate the help!

3 Likes

Thanks @Norseman. @GalacticResidue the Old Fashioned Root beer WAS very good. Never tried CAPs so I can’t do a direct comparison. I really couldn’t find any faults with the RF version. You might be more of a root beer head than I am, but I admit, I liked the old fashioned so much, am seriously considering trying the other RF one (Fountain Style I think) to see if it is more of a commercial soda flavor. Hard to explain, but the old fashioned IS old fashioned. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hear you no that I’m also thinking of ordering both of those flavors! Thx for your input!

3 Likes

What do you guys think of this? Is it worth a try after reading his notes? https://i.imgur.com/ZZl82tn.png

2 Likes

I have both and am playing around with test percentages now. The old fashioned definitely has the dark rooty flavor mentioned. The fountain style is more of a modern bottled root beer flavor. Sweeter and lighter. I think both are very good. I would still think either would be better with another supporting root beer flavor such as the rasta. These would make good primary notes in a root beer float. Still deciding on what type of sweetener mixes best but I’m leaning towards a marshmallow as part of a root beer float.

3 Likes

Thx Benny I’m glad people are so helpful! I think I will give those both a try as well keep me posted on your flavor percentage tests.:beer::icecream:

2 Likes

@GalacticResidue one thing to keep in mind the RF SC are strong (most them) and I’ve been testing @ 2.5%. I guarantee, you won’t be using it/them @ 22% !!!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol ya man thx I’ve never ever had to use any flavor even close to that so far the highest I’ve used is 10./. For caps rootbeer but just still isn’t cutting the mustard! I think I’ll experiment with it more and try 15 just so I can nail down if this flavor will even be beneficial for me at all! Nothing ventured nothing gained lol! Until I put an orde in for real flavors it give me something to do lol

2 Likes

It seem very unlikely that I would have to use caps rootbeer at 22 but maybe it is a weak concentrate. I’m about to find out later tonight though! First I think I’ll try 15 caps rb 5 vbic and 3 vanilla swirl and also 1 whipped cream. Seems high but my original recipe started with 5./. Rb and then 6-7-8-10 just getting tired of trial and error I guess!

2 Likes

Ok just ordered rf old fashioned and fountain style and I also got a free 1oz of blueberry lemonade slushee flavor so that’s pretty badass lol!

4 Likes

Thx everyone for your help by the way!

3 Likes

If that doesn’t pan out for you, try Liquid Barn’s RB. There are a couple flavors from them that are really excellent and that is one of them. If you do order the RB, get the Vanilla Ice Cream as well cuz it’s awesome. And the coconut milk and banana are pretty good too. :wink:

I usually keep some of this on hand, without the koolada since I’m allergic:

Rootbeer Float

by @Ken_O_Where
Ingredient %
Koolada 10% (TPA) 0.25
Rootbeer (LB) 4
Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) 2.5
Flavor total: 6.75%
Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
7 Likes

I appreciate all the help I get here thx a million!

2 Likes

Very nice I do appreciate you giving me info! I’ll definitely have to keep this in my mind if the rf doesn’t pan out. Thx again :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Open Source Vapor- Root Beer

Ingredient %
Cinnamon (MF) 0.12
Citric acid (100mg/mL) 2
Clove (MF) 0.04
Nutmeg (MF) 0.04
Stevia (Organic Reb-A) 1.5
Vanilla (MF) 1.5
Wintergreen (MF) 0.12

Flavor total: 5.32%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Here is open source Root Beer recipe. Might give you some ideas on ways to alter what you have or places to boost where it’s lacking.

4 Likes

I love rootbeer!

2 Likes

Very cool I’ll take this in to consideration for my mix thx Bob

2 Likes

Me too lol.

2 Likes