Rootbeer crazy

Aw ya real flavors order shipped already so that’s cool. I also thought I was getting one free gift bottle of slushie apparently they are sending 2 free bottles! So 4 for the price of 2… All I can say is awwww yaaaa lol

2 Likes

i have both RFSC root beers and they are both good probably the best ive ever tasted , they blow away the caps which i also have , the beauty of them is they could be vaped as SF and be satisfying , ill have to look which one but one reminds me of the root beer popsicles ( the dual stick ones that came in the big variety bags ) which i loved as a kid , the other had more of a bite to it … will look at notes when i get home today

3 Likes

Thank you bud I really appreciate that! It cool when someone like you has both flavors and can describe them! It helps tremendously!

3 Likes

Benny also has both and has given his taste notes on them so it will be nice to see yours as well for the comparison.

2 Likes

Hi all just ordered vanilla ice cream from liquid barn I had to! I really am going to make the perfect rbf, well at least that’s the plan. Going to mix lb ice cream with real flavors rb and see where that takes me. If it wasn’t for all of your combined comments I’d still be messing around so thx again I’ll let everyone know how it turns out. Recipe included!

4 Likes

That’s the one I’m missing for the Root Beer Float I want to try. Good choice!!

3 Likes

Hey Benny what did you end up with on flavor percentage on rootbeers I just got my rf rootbeers and made a mix of fountain style at 2.5 and don’t really taste much after mix I’m sure it’ll pop after steep but just curious on your thoughts! I did mix in vbic and vanilla swirl as well just because my LB Vic won’t be here til Tuesday :confused:

1 Like

Hey fidalgo just curious what your notes said? I kinda figured out what one are what but also curious on percentage for a Float just made a mix of fountain style at 2.5 don’t really taste much rb maybe after steep? Or should I go 4-5 percent idk just looking for advice thx bud

2 Likes

its 4:06pm here ill be home by 6 so by 7pm ill pm you notes , my steep time was 2weeks and i want to say 2pct was where i was , if i were to mix with creams i might stay at that two percent or go to 1.5pct but let me check , this off the top of my head and im on my phone lol , i do think the creams will bury the Root beer at first so it doesnt surprise me your not getting much taste , i also mixed at 80vg 20pg, i personally cant vape when VG is higher than 80 what percent are you using VBIC and the VS

1 Like

Awesome man I really do appreciate your help

1 Like

I usually mix at 70/30 that’s my preferred mix quantity. I kinda was thinking the cream was covering the rb but wasn’t sure so that’s good to hear you say that as well! I guess I be been getting kinda frustrated with this mix a simple as it should be but I was using cap rb and tried mix after mix so just trying to save ingredients lol so hopefully using 2.5 percent should hopefully workout. I’m really striving for the ultimate rbf but probably won’t happen til I get lb Vic on Tuesday. Just figured for now I’d make a few mixes to taste test rb using caps vbic.

2 Likes

@GalacticResidue here are my notes

RFSC root beer fountain style mixed 80vg 20pg @ 2%

smooth root beer taste , a little weak at 2pct , reminds me of a rootbeer popsicle i use to eat as kid ( the cheap ones with twin sticks ) more like a henry weinhards rootbeer than a barqs or a&w as a single flavor id bump this up to 3pct to see difference

RFSC root beer old fashioned mixed 80 vg 20 pg @ 3%

a good root beer flavor like buying a soda from store , more bite ( spice ) than the fountain style , this may be because i went to 3pct instead of 2pct , but over all another good root beer

notes ; i decided to do 3pct with the old fashioned because of the weak taste of the fountain style , i do think mixing these two would create the perfect root beer , either root beer would be good with creams , vanilla flaves etc

off the top of my head id start a root beer float like this

RFSC Rootbeer OF 1.5 to 2 %
RFSC Rootbeer FS 1 to 1.5 %
TPA Vanilla Swirl 2 to 3 pct
FA cream whipped .5 to 1pct
FA MM .5 to 1pct
LB or Tpa VBIC .5 to 1pct ( id actually use Cap or FW both lb and tpa have a pepper taste for me)
MF Vanilla .5 pct

something like this , if you dont have the cream whipped FA fresh cream would go well , i personally start things low and test at 2weeks if its working ill wait for my v2 which i always have at least a v3 lol , i also tend to over cream things at first , not always but i do tend to often its something i need to stop doing but the more cream the better ( in my head ) too much cream will bury the other flavors FYI i wouldnt mind collaborating with you maybe we could find a good mix together i coukd get a couple going with different percents and different creams and you could do the same that way we have multiple different batches going , i often get lost on trying to perfect something and end up spending a couple months on 5 versions anyway message me and we could figure something out , i havent seen many great root beer vapes out there hope this helps , my notes were longer but i tried to get to the point …

5 Likes

i also have the cap root beer , and i found mixing it with the tpa cream soda helped it but i havent played with root beer for over a year or longer , there are so many ways to create the cream base for the float , imo the cream has to have a nice rich vanilla cream taste if i was using percents id say thw cream part of rootbeer float wiuld have to be 60pct of the taste, i always get a vanilla ice cream taste even when the ice cream is gone that is just my opinion though

2 Likes

I did 2% and 2.5% on each root beer individually then another set at 2% and 2.5% each in a 50/50 blend of the two (4% and 5% total combined). I’d probably bump them up to 3%-3.5% as single flavors. Not sure where they’d end up percent wise in a mix yet. I got distracted for a bit with all of the new flavors and sales for a bit. I’ll be revisiting Root Beer in the near future.

2 Likes

This is great I would like to collaborate with you and try to perfect this I like the look of your recipe idea there! I always tend to kinda go high on creams as well more often then not I do have a lot of creams I have sweet cream tfa cream fresh fa and whipped cream tfa and pretty much all the creams we should it’s crazy to think you added whipped cream cuz that’s what I was using in my caps rb mix. Have you found cream fresh to kinda dull flavors at all? I used it in a orange cream recipe a few times and feel it’s the culprit for flavor fade. Also I started to add vanillin to rbf not sure if it’s good or bad but sounds good in my head like you said lol

Anyway I like your idea of mixing the two rbs I wanted to create a simple but great flavor
Mine was this
caps vbic @3
Tfa vbic @3
The blend of vbic a gives a nice authentic ice cream flavor
Vanilla swirl 3
Caps rb 8
Whipped cream tfa @1
Looking at it now it’s way to much vbic lol

My new recipe is looking like this
Rf fountain style 2.5
Cap vbic 2
tfa vbic 2
Vanilla swirl 2
Vanillin.5
Whipped cream tfa 1
Do you still think that’s to much vbic? I was looking for a really creamy vanilla kinda like the liquid rb in the Float around the ice cream not really the bottom but I guess that would work also lol
Thx again for your time it’s great to have your input and yes lets work on this together! :handshake:

2 Likes

Thx Benny this is good info fidalgo and I were going to collaborate on this recipe! I’m sure if you wanted to do this as well we could have three inputs and various versions to test! It just sounds fun as well thx again!

3 Likes

Might jump in once I pick up some of that LB VIC. I’ve not found an ice cream flavor yet that really reminds me of ice cream. I have high hopes the LB will be different, but I may just have broke taste buds. I think I have all the other flavors you both listed.

3 Likes

im a horrible person to ask because of the pepper note i get from the VBIC tpa or lb so i cant use them above 1pct and usually only go .5pct , but from what ive seen that percent should be fine as long as you dont get that pepper taste ( i hate that im one of the peeps that gets that taste) it kills me bc i want to use it im going to message you so we could collaborate that way instead of blowing up the thread :wink:

2 Likes

i believe i have a half of bottle still i could send you like i said i cant use it much , so if another person that doesnt get the pepper taste was joining i. that would be cool

2 Likes

i have read many places it does , but i use it at low percents mixed with other creams so i havent noticed it , i think anything thats used to high will mute other flavors especially a cream

2 Likes