RTA Help & Advice

Kinda new to the vape scene. Was wondering if it’s worth building a clapton for my subtank plus on a smoke magneto mechanical

2 Likes

Sent you a few invites to other posts. @Jondamon does a lot of RDA/mech mod builds; he’s probably the one who’ll keep you from venting a battery or three.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jimk I’ll post around Before I make the steps towards a clapton

1 Like

@NewDrip also can shoot you in the right direction.

1 Like

Hi ladies n gents. And ogres.
Im using this thread because i didnt want to start a new one just for my small problem. So i just got a vzone emask delivered today. Popped on my dead rabbit and… atomizer short. So i did the cursory drying off of everything with a qtip and tightened the screws on the coils, etc. Still nothing. I put the rabbit back on my cartel mod and it works fine, no short. So i put my old goon on the new emask device and that works fine.
Sighs…
Anyone have any idea wth the problem is here? To recap: new device. Rabbit shorts. Goon works. But rabbit doesnt short on other devices.

1 Like

Length of 510 pin maybe. Might be over tightening the DR on the vzone.

2 Likes

by “short” you mean that the mod is telling you there is no atomizer, the same warning you get when none is attached? sounds as if the total length of the rabbit’s pin is not long enuff to where the mod recognizes it while the goon’s is long enuff to be read. Gl to u!

2 Likes

Na i think there is something else going on - i just measured the DR, Goon (og) and Goon 1.5 and the pin length is identical. Try checking that the DR centre pin is screwed in tight (if you haven’t already). Also some mods will show an atomizer short if the build is too low for them. Other than that i can’t think of much you haven’t tried already.

3 Likes

Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm KA mode/0.05-1.0ohm for Ti/Ni 200/SS316 mode

2 Likes

Thats it! Dammit. My coil is .07
Thanks everybody for the quick advise, i really appreciate it. Hmm, i really like my coils as is but maybe will have to change it up, cant totally waste this new mod!

2 Likes

Oh wait, so i can try it in tc mode and see if it works, since it says .05 and im pretty sure these are SS. From advanced

2 Likes

Alright, so problem solved. I never really use tc mode but i will on this mod since i have to with these coils which i really like. This board is actually pretty decent, i like it, really simple and fast firing. Thanks @worm1 and @woftam and @Letitia !

3 Likes