RTAs failed me/I've failed my RTAs?

i find that ebay and the Zon, sometimes trying to find something is nearly impossible, when i know its htere. its like they are trying to hide it, but no, they want you to click a million times and buy something you were not there to by.

2 Likes

I had thought vaping stuff had been taking off of both eBay and Amazon, so I was surprised when Amazon came up in my search for DT adapters. I was even more surprised when I saw all that other vaping stuff.

But I know what you mean about not finding stuff that you know is there. Amazon I know will push stuff they want you to buy. I’ve searched with my VPN on and off, and gotten different results.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the Siegfried mesh 25mm RTA? I like that the airflow can be restricted down to RDL, but I’m concerned about the wicking. I use high PG (70+ % PG), but this doesn’t have any tails when wicking. Would it flood like crazy on me?

3 Likes

that is called “creative labeling”. the Zon probably doesn’t even care, aat least until someone snitches.

i don’t have VPN so i can’t ddo that. but sometimes them tracking your wants will lead you to something you want but couldn’t find otherwise.

4 Likes

No experience with the Siegfried mesh RTA but am not a fan of mesh tanks that don’t have a spring loaded ceramic block under the cotton. The only one that does not have a spring loaded ceramic block but works great for me is the Steamcrave Titan dual series mesh deck and the Steam Crave Aromamizer Supreme V3. The SC Plus mesh deck can be hit or miss and the wick usually needs replacing sooner rather than later.

Mesh is excellent once you get the wicking down. Still use a Profile RDA almost everyday, prefer the original over the 1.5 version. The Hadar mesh RDA is also pretty damn good.

The new Doom X RTA (not the older Doom which did not have a spring loaded ceramic block) is one of the easiest mesh RTA’S to wick, just follow the instructions in the box.

Vandy Vape Kylin M is still one of my favorites but admittedly haven’t used one in a while, too many tanks, not enough time.

Profile Unity and the new Profile M RTA and both very good. That M does have that annoying membrane over the fill port, I cut mine out and works a lot better.

Geekvape Zeus mesh is a tasty tank, just wish it used standard mesh strips. If your careful you can get 2 strips from a roll of Vandy Vape SS or regular mesh rolls.

I love mesh ever since the original Profile RDA and the Vandy Vape SS316L 200 is the tastiest mesh for me. It is a different vape, emphasizes different flavor profiles than coil tanks. It is a cooler vape as well so if you like it hot it might not be for you.

7 Likes

@mjag I’m used to a more restrictive, cooler vape. I’ve been watching reviews and really don’t get why they keep talking about wanting to push the wattage higher and higher. I typically vape 25-30 watts with the coils that I’ve been using, so 60-80 watts sounds like crazy talk to me! :dizzy_face:

My main concerns are an RTA that’ll let me vape RDL and won’t flood with my high PG juice. Now that I know I can get the DT adapter w/out waiting close to a month from FT, that’s no longer an issue. Flavor, of course is the main focus. :smiley:

6 Likes

@Lostmarbles @mjag I just watched a video for the Doom X and had the same question that I had for the Siegfried RTA. Since there aren’t any tails on the wick, would there be a flooding issues with my high PG juice? Or, is that just a concern with smaller wicks that I wouldn’t have to worry about with those 6mm wicks?

I did like that there was a juice flow control for the smaller of the two tanks. That’s something I haven’t seen on an RTA in ages. I’m kinda surprised to see that since I thought pretty much everyone vaped High or Max VG these days.

Would I be able to vape RDL if I just opened it to one of the AFC? The review I watched recommended against it, saying the air wouldn’t hit the wick properly. I’m just really not into airy vapes.

So far the Zeus ZX II and this are looking the best. (I think you called it from the start, @Lostmarbles) :crown:

4 Likes

Mesh rebuildables give me a dry vape and usually pretty cool. It lacks warmth and moisture. There’s a saturation that’s missing that I only get with wire coils. If you get one, you might love it. Some people swear up and down that mesh is the only way to go. I don’t think that’s true but I’ll still use mesh rebuildables. I like variety in the way things vape.

I make my own “exotic” wires, aliens, claptons, and such. I thi k the quality is better than pre made rolls or Demon Killer aliens ect.

5 Likes

@INOIROC That’s what I started off asking - if I needed to keep rebuilding the RTAs that I already have. I tried a mix of plain wire and pre-built exotic coils (I don’t have the patience to make my own). I used to make jewelry, but I don’t have the eyesight or the aforementioned patience to do anything like that anymore.

The reason I had first brought up mesh is because of what I’ve been vaping on while waiting on the attys from FT. They’re mesh coils, which have given me really good flavor. The RTAs, no matter how I’ve built them taste incredibly muted in comparison.

6 Likes

Hmmm, how high is your PG? I vape 25PG so can’t help on higher PG mixes. The only thing is maybe try one of the top airflow mesh RTA’S? The Geekvape Zeus mesh or the VV Kylin M might be a safer bet.

4 Likes

Mesh coil heads can really rock sometimes. I get it. If you think about what’s going on, there’s a piece of mesh and airflow comes strait up through. Mesh rebuildables usually aim The airflow path to hit a dome of mesh. They’re two different things and vape differently.

Mesh coil heads don’t have much of a “chamber” by design. I’ve noticed that the smaller inner diameter mesh coils give me the best flavor. It’s probably why I like dual and triple mesh over one big single. Too much airflow coming up through dilutes the flavor. Those Geekvape boost coils are pretty good because they didn’t use a wide bore design.

I don’t really care for restrictive draw tanks but if you’re into that check out the Blotto for dual coils, or the Druga RTA for single coils. Both give me great flavor, better than aegis boost coils for sure.

6 Likes

@mjag I vape 70PG. I’ve had to ignore all wicking tutorials for RTAs, since they’re aimed at people using high/max VG. I was having some major flooding issues (I finally said to hell w/ my SC Aromamizer Lite 1.5 'cause I could never get it to not flood). That’s maybe made me more than a little biased against Steam Crave. LOL

5 Likes

@FL_Vaper from reading you descriptions of what your after in a vape, I think you should consider a Mod/Pod system. I am very impressed with the Voopo NAVI. The PnP coils are really good and the chip in the mod keeps you from burning them out prematurely.
Although I haven’t tried one I’d seriously consider a Drag S, or Drag X max, or on of the Argus

I own a NAVI and a VINCI.

There is a rebuildable PnP coil RBA available seperate but the are not expensive. I would get one with the 510 option so you can use other atomizers too.

But you description screams Voopo NAVI Mod/Pod

Link just to browse info, you can buy cheaper elsewhere and get it quicker too.
https://shop.voopoo.com/mobile

All you Voopo haters please stop throwing rocks and bottles at me.

4 Likes

I love the way that tank vapes but it’s a messy little sucker. I only fill when it’s damn near empty or it’ll leak like crazy. The airflow ring is always wet as well.

I cut my legs at 4.5 mm and make the wick tails touch the bottom of the deck. You don’t really want a bed if cotton. I just cut them to length, tuck em in, and it’s ready to vape. You shouldn’t give up on it. Those tanks really do kick some great flavor out

5 Likes

I honestly don’t know how they would do with high PG. I’ve never tried. I vape at 80vg. I just tried the Zeus with the airflow barely open and it’s restricted alright. It might work for you. Because it’s top airflow, the air will hit your coil at the same spot (more or less) no matter how open/closed it is. The other side airflow RTAs may only get the ends of your mesh. The big selling point for me was no leaks. Ever.

5 Likes

That’s essentially what I’ve been using with the Zeus Nano tanks since they use the same coils as the Aegis Boost/Boost Plus/Hero pod/mods. I also have the Boost and the Boost Plus, but I don’t really use the Boost very much since it can be kinda leaky. Both of them can be a bit of a PITA when changing the coils since they have to be empty or else you end up getting juice everywhere. I like the Boost Plus since it uses a 18650 battery and I can use whichever 510 DT I want.

I’ve looked at the VooPoo Drag X Plus which comes w/ the 510 adapter for tanks. I changed my mind when I saw a review that said it turns off after several minutes. I didn’t want to keep clicking the thing on to vape. I don’t know if all VooPoo pod/mods are that way, or if that’s just how the Drag X Plus is.

3 Likes

You don’t need to tell me it leaks like crazy. I know firsthand! LOL

The problem with any wicking tutorials/advice is that it’s generally based on someone that’s using High/Max VG. Since I use High PG, the wicking method is very different (and something I never could get right). :frowning:

2 Likes

One push of the fire button wakes the Drag X Plus up the second push fires the mod untill it’s not fired for awhile then goes into battery save mode. You are not constantly double pushing the fire button. Only when you have not used the mod for awhile. It’s becoming a common feature on mods. My Themla does the same going into sleep mode and it’s a five click wake.

6 Likes

@INOIROC I saw a Druga RDA, but not an RTA, on EV’s site. I watched reviews for the Blotto mini RTA (for single coils) which looks like its airflow could be a bit wider than the ones I have. It’s of course hard to judge flavor from reviews, since reviewers almost always give great reviews unless the atty really sucks ass.

3 Likes

@rcleven Wow, that reviewer made it sound like the Drag X Plus shut OFF, not that it went into sleep mode! I thought that it would require 5 presses of the power button each time I wanted to vape if I hadn’t vaped in awhile. I think I could manage 2 clicks. :wink:

4 Likes