RTAs failed me/I've failed my RTAs?

The Blotto is a very restricted RTA. I don’t use mine because it’s too restricted for my style of vape preference. I don’t know how it would react to a 70% PG mix. At 70% PG most RTA’s will leak at some point. Do you have a reason your you mix at 70% PG?

4 Likes

Both of those are easily changed to whatever you want. All in the safety tab on escribe, or even in some themes :+1:

5 Likes

I only mentioned the Thelma to make a point that manufacturer’s are defaulting to a sleep mode. I have looked at the themes a couple of times and never could make up my mind.

5 Likes

I’d just gotten several MTL RTAs based on them being able to vape RDL. They were either too constrictive and/or too muted, so maybe the Blotto is an option.

At anything lower than 70% PG and I can’t taste anything but syrup. I could maybe get by with 65%, but it would have to have TONS of flavoring, like by the bucketful.

4 Likes

Part of your muted flavor could be that you are using tanks that were designed for mtl, but can do rdtl as well. Here is a list of rtas that I have found that do restricted direct to lung very well:

The gata. It nails the restricted direct o lung and vapes great at 25ish watts with small clapton coils, not micro claptons (it does well in mtl mode with those though).

The Silverplay Rta. This thing is a rdtl beast, it can be tricky to build on though.

The Wasp mtl rta. You may really enjoy this. It is not a mtl rta though it is listed as one.

5 Likes

I don’t know if I missed it but what wire are you using?

4 Likes

What vendors do you generally use? I was able to find the Wasp MTL on FT, but it was sold out on 3FVape. The Gata was sold out there, too - I couldn’t find that on any of the other places I normally look.

I tried a bit of everything. I started with 26g SS316L but also tried Twisted, and assorted types of Claptons. I mostly used 3mm ID.

2 Likes

Yes, and you can buy spools of mesh and cut the length. Make sure the width is what you need. You can buy mesh in various materials, SS, Kanthal, etc.

4 Likes

I’m not Jess but you can try Sourcemore, Healthcabin, Vapesourcing, Heaven’s Gifts, Element Vape (US), Eightvape (US) ad infinitum.

3 Likes

@muth Thanks - I’ve been hesitant to stray from the vendors I’ve been using 'cause I’m never sure who’s reputable or not. I have stuck w/ Element Vape, VaporDNA, and FT since I started vaping. A neighbor of mine bought from someplace that sent him the wrong stuff and then wouldn’t do anything about it. (I can’t remember if it was VaporBeast or GearBest).

5 Likes

I understand your caution. Vaporbeast used to be popular and reputable but changed hands years ago. They haven’t been the same since. Gearbest, same story. Idk if they have new management but they are not the same anymore. I can personally vouch for Sourcemore. I know one of the managers there and they’re very nice people. I received an Aegis Max with a loose battery door tab and asked them if they had a battery door they could send me. They wanted to know if they could send me a new mod! Imagine that? The battery door only costs $5-6. Meanwhile I end up with 2 Max because I was able to use a tiny bit of rope caulk to hold the tab in place.

ETA: The China vendors I mentioned you’ll have to register and sign in to see the actual discounted prices.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s rare to find customer service like that anywhere like that these days! I’ll have to check them out. One site just came up when I was doing a search that I haven’t seen before, evcigarettes.com They’re local to my state (Florida) and I was wondering if you or anyone else here has had experience with them. They seem to have many of the attys people here were recommending and at lower than most US-vendor prices, which tends to make me skeptical. (of course, I’d get hit w/ sales tax)

3 Likes

they are good

2 Likes

Anyone considering voopoo pnp setups needs to checkout the smrt rebuildable mesh coils, they are absolutely awesome, good as any pnp coil I’ve tried and rebuildable makes them so cheap. Maybe a small mod like Navi or Argus x could work for op, the smrt even work fine in my Argus air at 18w. Or how about the paramour XRP kit, mine seems fine so far, seriously adjustable deck and airflow from tight to rdl, also comes with a pnp bridge that can work with smrt coils with a bit of work. Worth saying someone here said the 510 came loose on theirs but I never found anyone else with the problem, only had mine few weeks, but either way the tank is pretty cool

I also have a pile of 810-510 adapters and haven’t ever bought any, I think my steam craves came with one each. And the mesh sizes I have are only a few different sizes, a roll of vandy 150 mesh works in all of them but I prefer the newer Clapton mesh, I think it’s like 16x6.8mm,steam crave is maybe the biggest, like couple mm bigger

Healthcabin is my fave, login to see actual prices and then use a coupon

4 Likes

I’m in Georgia and it’s good to know there’s a place so close.

3 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that. I like getting rba’s for my stuff.

I missed out on these. I really want the Yachtvape rba

2 Likes

Those little rbas are workable, I have the voopoo one, it definitely builds and vapes, tiniest screws I ever had though but for mtl they’re fine. Somehow the extreme smrt mesh vapes well at 18w up to 50. The chill and turbo a bit less but they don’t perform better in a pod. I think the smrt kit comes with 2 of each. I’ve rewicked mine 4 or 5 times so far on first mesh, no sweat but still it’s not a true rebuilable like the rba is imo, since the mesh isn’t a standard item like a coil, but man are they tasty and cloudy for under $5 from China

3 Likes

@Ericsgreen Those smrt coils sound great for regular vaping, but what do you do for SFT? The same for any of those little RBAs. I’ve got a couple of Aegis Boost Plus pod/mods along w/ an RDA pod (too airy) and RBA coils (teensy-tinsy). I can’t see using those RBA coils for SFT. Does anyone use them that way?

150 mesh? err, I think the mesh I have is something like 600. How would that come out, ohms-wise? It’s SS316L. (I’m still trying to remember why in the hell I even have mesh sheets. I’m sure I bought them for something).

Hmm, a whole pile of adapters, huh? Wanna send some of 'em my way? :wink:

2 Likes

Not close enough, it seems. I put something in the cart and it turns out they’re only shipping w/in the state. They’ve got good prices but after sales tax their prices are close to everyone else’s. They do seem to have a selection that other places don’t, though.

I don’t need a mod, but they have 1-2 that I really like, so I might splurge and get one of them. I tend to be conservative when buying vape gear, since I don’t really have a lot of money to spend, but they’re so pretty! :hugs:

3 Likes

That sucks. Good thing I bought enough stuff for the rest of my life earlier this year.

4 Likes