Same flavor different brands

When looking at a lot of recipes I see two of the same flavor but by different Brands. I have found that in order to get the true flavor of one ingredient in a mix it needs to be two types of that fruit,cream, etc…
For example; Flavorah peanut butter didn’t quite do it so i will try pairing it with peanut butter (DX) TPA.
Another is mango (TPA), didn’t cut it, ordered Golden Eye from River supply. Hope it good or will pair well.
Another is chocolate, I cant find one thats good by itself, a combination has to happen to get a good chocolate flavor.
I was hoping that i could find more like flavors that pair well. Any help here would be very appreciated

7 Likes

FLV Mango and INW Mango and Tango are an awesome match. I typically try to use the same flavor from different brands to round out the profile.

5 Likes

I use Strawberry Red touch FA with Strawberry Ripe

3 Likes

Chocolate (FA) 1.50%
Cocoa (FA) 0.75%
:yum:

5 Likes

I dont mix standard flavors with ultras. I keep like with like. :wink:
but if it all works out for you… more power to ya! :racing_car: :partying_face:

IE: flv with mf/bf/
Or keep the standard mixes to standards only: tfa/cap/lo/fa/rf/wf/vta

4 Likes

You might want to try out flv chocolate, if you already did, cool… just remember to keep them low :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I see a lot of that too and being fairly new at mixing I’ve started pairing like flavors (like cherries for one) seems like it does help. I recently got Golden Eye and have only solo tested it yet and it’s, well,ok. I was thinking the same thing , pairing it with tpa. As far as any recommendations, I’ll leave that to the more experienced mixers😎

4 Likes

I love mixing different brands to get a final result, it is all about what suits your palate.

@Sprkslfly has an excellent mixing of flavors to come up with one of the best Butterscotch I have ever tried.

Sprks' Butterscotch Bliss

Ingredient %
Butterscotch (MF) 0.43
Butterscotch, Natural (FW) 4.00
Caramel (CAP) 2.00
Graham Cracker (CAP) 1.50
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2.00

Flavor total: 9.93%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
11 Likes

I think I’m just going to place an order direct from Flavorah. I will look on the ELR Flavorah page to find more recommendations before I order!

5 Likes

Got the Cocoa (FA), need Flavorah Chocolate! Soon…

4 Likes

for their chocolates I like to add in things like:

creams, custards, marshmallow (sometimes mm vanilla) caramel, butterscotch, coconut always goes nice… and keep them all at around .4% to around .6% :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t imagine you writing anything flaggable! Weird stuff.

6 Likes

totally like weird, @Plunderdrum… makes me giggle… someone or 10 love me out there somewhere…
All that Smoky stalking :wink:

5 Likes

The Cocoa also needs the FA Chocolate which adds a sweetness and a bit more texture. Otherwise by it self the Cocoa doesn’t taste all that great.

2 Likes

I only get boozy notes from all chocolates including FLV and MF… so no help at all :frowning: All the ones I’ve tried

2 Likes

maybe hangsen australian milk chocolate, lava cake (forgot who the manufacturer is) or molinberry glamour chocolate next purchase?

1 Like

How is the MF butterscotch?
Never heard of this brand before.

1 Like

Phenomenal.

But the original version is no longer available. :cry:

Medicine Flower (MF) just retired their entire line, and launched 3 new lines recently. Word will be slowly trickling in as folks get acquainted with the new versions.

4 Likes

I heard that Golden eye was good? here’s hoping. My order will be here soon. I have perilum mango coming also, don’t want another mangoskin flavor!

2 Likes

Yep, the combination of those 2 FA flavors results in chocolate liqueur kind of vibe. Quite tasty IMO. The OP mentioned not being able to find a good combination for chocolates.

3 Likes