Selling One Shots As a Business

I’m very curious how you get a license to sell one-shots and what type of insurance would be needed to make sure you won’t live under a bridge if something goes wrong. Who’s got the 411?

4 Likes

Yo yo, what up!!! :sunglasses:

Are we talking nicotine or none? I assume that makes a difference…

6 Likes

No nicotine whatsoever.

4 Likes

I watched my friends go through the process of doing their FDA uploads, yeah I’ll pass on that headache every day of the week. Basically just flavor shots.

5 Likes

I’d think you would definitely have to disclose it is for vaping, since you could try to ‘hide’ them as baking/drinking flavors but that would not last long and penalties for the subversion would likely be severe.

Check with shops and vendors of e-juice to see what they do.

7 Likes

I’ll do that and see what happens. Then talk to a lawyer too I guess. Just an idea I’m playing around with.

6 Likes

I believe the FDA has said that even zero nicotine juice is still considered a tobacco product, so I don’t think you’ll fare better even with no nic though.

6 Likes

I know DIYorDie and several others are doing pretty well

6 Likes

I don’t mean sales. I mean cutting the bureaucratic tape bullsauce to get a license.

5 Likes

determining if non-nicotine, unfinished one-shots fall under “tobacco” product or “component” is very unclear.

At the very least, it seems a clear distinction will need to be made to not be used with nicotine. There’s also the issue of a new “tobacco” product entering the market at the deeming date. But, if one-shots are not considered tobacco products, then they do not apply to this date. The FDA also doesn’t regulate the personal consumption or creation of tobacco products. All in all, things will be more clear in the future.

11 Likes

Thanks so much, Wayne! I just had a conversation with Nocturne Vapors (who unfortunately closed their doors) and they are on the same mindset as you are. He said he wouldn’t even consider it without a 20k startup and then there was the very likely chance that all internet sales would go out the door in the near future. I hope for you and others that this doesn’t stop you from selling incredible shots, but I think for me the investment isn’t a smart idea.

6 Likes

it’s certainly a risk, but at the end of the day, they are just flavorings - and I’m hopeful legislation/regulation will see this. …hopeful…

7 Likes

I’m hopeful for you too. I know there are many people that wouldn’t DIY at all without those flavor shots.

6 Likes

I will say this. If they somehow manage to destroy flavors in vaping, then this might be the only option open to people and while I’m a law-abiding citizen, when it comes down to keeping someone off cigarettes to save their lungs vs helping them find the flavors they need to keep vaping… I’m sure you know which route I’m taking.

6 Likes

I think the current round of legislation throughout the US is providing the people with a clear example of just because something is legal it doesn’t make it moral. On the flip side, just because something is illegal doesn’t make it immoral. I’ve got no problem with breaking certain laws.

5 Likes

The government doesn’t deal in morals. It’s all about the revenue and power.

9 Likes

I feel like I should don one of those Sons of Anarchy jackets and have one that says Vaping Biker Chick on it… I don’t ride a bike, and I’m not hardcore LOL but hey I could be if you try to mess with my vaping LOL

5 Likes

Curious here…the one shots could be used for anything because flavoring was made before vaping. It could be used in cakes or frozen desserts too. But it would be strange to label something as a tobacco product for vaping when zero nicotine is present and could be used in so many other things

4 Likes

Really good points here @R113.

4 Likes

Hard for me or anyone else for that matter to see the states banning flavors; especially if they are used by candy makers, dessert chefs, etc. what is aunt Mildred gonna do without her flavoring for that fantastic hard candy she makes? :laughing:

5 Likes