SessionDrummer's review of SteamCrave's Plus v.2 Advanced Kit and Squonk Backpack

Nice. I usually hit low watts and only average cloudz, but sometimes I really enjoy a blast-o. I’m thinking ‘hard’ about this one.

12 Likes

Well @anon70102222 I had to really put this setup through it’s paces. Tried all kinds of different wattages, but my typical is 65 watts. The tank just didn’t seem to care what I set it to. Wattage went up, flavor and clouds went up, until the ceiling. You don’t have to run it at 11 for sure.

11 Likes

Excellent review @SessionDrummer :raised_hand:
I don’t Sqounk, but I definitely am a Loyal Customer of Steam Crave and the Aromamizers

7 Likes

Thanks a lot @Mark_Turner.

I’ll tell you this, when I was breaking the Plus in, I did empty the tank multiple times, and after adding the backpack, it DID make it more convenient, hehe. The ONE thing that’s bugging me is if I can FILL the tank, open the juiceflow, AND have the backpack hooked up in tandem.

I think I’m going to try it. I’m already over any size issues that the Hadron might have, so the backpack adds negligible mass at that point. I’ll have to report back, because here’s the FUNNY thing.

Instead of adding the metal extender boosting the tank to insane lengths, I could accomplish the same with the small(er) tank and the backpack !!!

8 Likes

If you can do that, I’m even more interested. Joose fer daze!

6 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer , great review!

Your pictures are fantastic. I will be getting a backpack or two. It’s nice to read the review details and see the best pictures that have probably ever been posted of the backpack tank. I like that you showed how the two different colors look together. I have two Hadrons, one of each color. I have been trying to decide what color tank and which Hadron to dedicate to Squonk. I’ve planned to buy the squonk backpack since the day it was announced. To prepare ahead of time I purchased the second Haydron 220, a Glaze RDSA, and the metal dual airflow top cap for the glaze RDSA(both have since been discontinued. There may still be some available from various resalers).

No sooner than I decided I’ll just get one of each backpack color, Steam Crave opens the flood gates, introducing:

New items for the A+V1/V2:

Add to this the closeout pricing on several original offerings to be either redesigned or retired, now I struggle with where to direct my vape hardware budget.

e113cf8f65c7096d42cc4c7dcb81b95e942eb5c9ec8886d20c38728f9763ee1e.0548477354125154483

I don’t know if you’re open to amending a review one it is out in the wild. If so, may I suggest you go ahead and add a picture of the Haydron/squonk backpack/A+V2 combo with the A+V2 in pure RDSA mode; glass removed. Also mention the new squonk pins for the velocity and postless decks. They are very new and don’t appear to have much of a web presence(Maggie from Steam Crave confirmed them in the SC FB forum). After all this is a review centered around squonking.

I know this is asking alot given the amount of time and energy that you have already voluntarily invested in this review, not to mention other reviews, testing, and flavor notes you have generously produced and presented here.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication!!! You contribute so much to this forum and community.

11 Likes

Thanks a lot @JiM210, as of the writing of this review, I was unaware they had released squonk pins for the Velocity, and Postless. I’ll have to add those in as options. As far as editing, because I post these reviews on more than one site, unless there are factual or typographical errors, I typically don’t edit due to the amount of work LOL, but let’s see what’s what.

The more I look at it, the more I like it, as my Gunmetal Hadron already had black accents.

Wow, you must have more room than I do !!!

Hehe, you gotta love that.

6 Likes

Hehe, well, so far it’s working !!! Not sure if it’s supposed to, or by doing this I’m going to cross the particle streams or not, but, with 8ml IN the tank, and an additional 15ml in the backpack I’m starting to wonder, if I’m now in breach of Federal Law !!!

9 Likes

Updated @JiM210, thanks for the new squonk pin linkage…

11 Likes

Awesome review!
What a great device
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you very much @CosmicTruth. It was out of this world !!!

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

11 Likes

Steam Crave tanks RDTA’s have been my Go to tanks for the past 3 years. I’m not a fancy coil builder either. One coil builds. This tank is the yum, yum, of all RDTA tanks. Super easy to build on, even with one coil. Flavor for days too. Zero leakage issues, unless the tank/mod gets tipped on its side, where any tank would leak. Fabulous tanks, I tend to prefer the 5 ml - 7 ml tank ones.

10 Likes

Hi @JustIvanna and welcome to ELR

8 Likes

Welcome to ELR @JustIvanna, more than glad to see you posting your first post, on this thread. You and I are in the same camp as far as the yum yum nature of SteamCraves. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome @JustIvanna

8 Likes

Welcome @JustIvanna,pull up a chair and make yourself at home mate.

7 Likes

Awesome review man!

I bought everything here and I must say… HOLY SHIT! This is one helluva setup. Flavor with the mesh deck is amazing. Clouds fill the room. And the build quality is on par with Steam Crave’s previous spectacular offerings. I machined for 25+ years, and the machine work of this tank is of superb aerospace quality. The fit and finish just cannot be beat in the vape industry.

My only cons would be the mod feels very light, which typically means a cheaply made device. But this isn’t really a con because the device is tight, well made, and once you put it all together with batteries and the tank this completely goes away. The only other nitpick I have is I would rather the fire button was on the side. It just feels weird in my hands with the button on the front of the mod. But I am getting used to it.

As for the Aromamizer… I don’t have a single complaint. I always try to find something that could be improved, but there just isn’t anything bad to say. Even better than the original Aromamizer, which I always wished had more airflow. This thing does that, and manages to retain the insane flavor production. And if you get the mesh deck by grabbing the advanced kit, it is so easy to build it feels like cheating.

Overall, this is the best setup I have ever used. This may not be a vape for everyone because of its size. But if you want a badass vape, this will defintely do the trick.

10 Likes

Exactly! I just cranked this thing up to 150w and gave it a quick vape to make sure I didn’t blow my head off. To my surprise, the vape was silky smooth. So I hit it like a caveman and OMG it was pure bliss. The flavor went all the way to ludicrous, and I was just blown away. How the hell did Steam Crave do this? And I haven’t even tried RDA mode yet!

9 Likes

And THAT is what makes a SteamCrave a SteamCrave.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot @LordVapor, always means a lot.

7 Likes