SessionDrummer's review of SteamCrave's Plus v.2 Advanced Kit and Squonk Backpack

Well shit, I just discovered another con…

I just bought this brand new 4k TV, and the clouds this thing is making has my TV looking like a 1080p TV. I guess I will have to sell my TV :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Well @LordVapor, I can say that at least you’ve got your priorities straight !!

9 Likes

Thank you for review :). Bought mine after reading yours and Pugsley’s review.

Really love V2, changed my opinion about RTAs/RDTAs. When using dual coils I prefer wide airflow style RDAs (Goon, Apocalypse) and never found a RTA or RDTA airy and flavourful until this gem. Flavour and clouds and airflow 1:1 fits my style. 0.12 dual Ni80 Alien Claptons, no reducers, biggest airflow and 75 to 100 watts made me happy :).

Only negative point for me; tried mesh deck and chimney reducers but didn’t like much, maybe I should get some Ni80 meshes.

I’ll chase other SteamCrave products from this day on, maybe next one is a Ragnar :).

6 Likes

You’re very welcome @mayk. Welcome to Team Steam !!!

I spent a while on the meshes, and it did vape pretty good. I always seem to go back to regular coils though.

8 Likes

Hey @SessionDrummer , should I buy an Aromamizer Plus first version too? Sealed box and really cheap. I didn’t put V2 from my hands yet and never touched my RDAs :).

5 Likes

If you like the flavor from SteamCraves, then I would say DO IT !!!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

• My first time to run the Aromamizer Plus V1 as a RDA.

• First time to Squonk the Aromamizer Plus V1.

• My first time to use the Steam Crave mesh deck.

It took some time to break in. I used the Ste Crave shoelace mesh cotton. I used the SS316L 0.15 Ohms mesh strips.

The vape is thick and flavorful. The draw is very smooth and the mesh heats instantly on powerful+ pre-heat. So far not a single dry hit. There is a gradual drop in flavor when it’s time to add more juice with a push of the Squonk pump.

I started on low 45 Joules on soft pre-heat and slowly ramped up to settle on 66.6 Joules with the Powerful+ pre-heat.

While the single mesh is pretty small compared to the large dual coils I usually run it’s still a very satisfying vape after a break-in period. If you are trying the mesh for the first time be patient and ride out the break-in period. Before and after the break-in is as different as night and day.

6 Likes

Outstanding details and write up @jim210.

5 Likes