Shops We Have - Do You Have Them Too?

Yeah, but as hot as they reportedly like their food… I’m sure TP isn’t really needed. More of a ‘drip-dry’ situation I’d imagine. :crazy_face: :wink: lol

3 Likes

Ours did as well! (closed around the same time)

3 Likes

No here they like sweet food, not like most asian countries, we eat fish, chicken, some pork and spagetti but i cant eat it because its just too sweet.
What i miss is dairy, cheese and milk and a good old Australian beef sausage.

4 Likes

We’ve heard it brings all the boys to the yard…

3 Likes

Hrmmmm. My food shows are obviously starting to blur. My apologies for an inaccurate joke (no sarcasm; genuinely sad for my lack of accuracy, though I’m still going for ‘humor’) lol
I’ll flog myself with an appropriately sweet noodle in amends, and go re-watch some of the relevant foodie shows in an attempt to retain more accurate material. grins
(Besides which, it’s the only way to live vicariously, food-wise, around these parts.) :wink:

2 Likes

Im not sure about all of the phillippines as im in the southern island of Mindanao but when i was in Manila it seemed the same. Its the water here that makes it drip dry.

3 Likes

Bunnings sausage!
(The’ve stopped them for the time being :mask:)

3 Likes

Even just saying bunnings sausages, your killing me

3 Likes

Paging @woftam!

5 Likes

Runnings on the Bunnings

From tomorrow Bunnings will be putting a hold on its iconic sausage sizzles, with the retailer announcing panic sparked by the coronavirus has impacted the availability of supplies. …
… Meat has become the latest casualty of Australia’s panic buying, with chicken, lamb and beef becoming sought-after products much like toilet paper.

Source: https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/cc85eea4d3d254919bc8a4e3ec50670a?width=650

3 Likes

Lets not forget in CA:
In-N-Out Burger
Arbys
Panda Express
Jacks (Jack in the Box) etc…
Wendys

3 Likes

Those are the American ones.

Australia hasn’t franchised in the US. It would be interesting to see them franchise fast food places or restaurants in the US. I’ve been looking for a way to try a “Vegemite sandwich”. I don’t know how much their liked in Australia?

3 Likes

That might be a NY regional thing. I haven’t seen one in southern Virginia. If I find a place that makes gyro’s here though I’ll be in heaven!!! :laughing: :laughing:
OMG do I miss having those.

2 Likes

Vegemite sandwiches were a staple of our lunch box as kids.
Easy to make, don’t go “bad” if they get warm :laughing:

I prefer a little vegemite on toast with lashings of butter/marj and a cup of coffee.
If I do have a vegemite sandwich, I’ll also have an iced coffee.
Don’t know why but I like the combination :yum:

2 Likes

In South Australia gyro’s are called yiros.
They are delicious, I haven’t had one in years, I haven’t found a Yiros shop near me :disappointed:

2 Likes

(As you may well already know), that is how the Greeks pronounce the word themselves.

Vegemite (sort of “Beefy Butter” ?)

The taste may be described as salty, slightly bitter, and malty - somewhat similar to the taste of beef bouillon. The texture is smooth and sticky, much like peanut butter.

It is not as intensely flavoured as British Marmite and it is less sweet than the New Zealand version of Marmite.

3 Likes

What are these shops?

3 Likes

No I didn’t know that :laughing: but I pronounced it like a Greek person would - totally :+1:

:+1: that’s pretty much it.
The look and texture is sometimes described as “axle grease” :laughing:

2 Likes

For that “full feeling” all day long ? Brewers Yeast is (in pure form) pretty intense, alright. Umami-like ?

2 Likes

That’s it!

2 Likes