Should I change to Rebuildables?

Ahhhh, possibly… but I probably wouldn’t actually get there! :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

6 Likes

I didn’t know where to post this so it’s here I post! :nerd_face:
Does anyone own or have experience with the DigiFlavor Drop V2? If so is it a decent RDA, I plan on using it as a BF RDA. Are there others you’d recommend above that one?
Thank you in advance for your help

1 Like

Have you got it yet and where are ya

1 Like

@Grabbo No I haven’t purchased it yet, and I am in USA, West Virginia

1 Like

I own the drop V2 haven’t used yet as I’m quite happy with the drop v1.5 rda but if U want I can test it on the weekend for U.

3 Likes

What a nice gesture! @Nik_oo if you get a chance that would be awesome!
Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I enjoy building them and wire is much less expensive than coils. Flavor is usually better than sub-ohm tanks but there are some mesh tanks that are very good also. The down side is that they are vanishing. With the trend going to pods and disposabeles the choices are few. So far wire and cotton are not a problem but who knows.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m over the pond from you I’ve got the og drop wasn’t impressed but to be fair I use it for testing with a vertical coil and it works for me that way ,the sith,mongrel ,damn vapes nitrous og recurve rda ,and Hadaly are my go to single coil rdas I use

2 Likes

@Grabbo Thank you for your help, I have the Damn Vapes Nitrous and Asgard Mini, which are wonderful! I think I just like chasing the rabbit down the rabbit hole! :rofl:

3 Likes

Well I’m here to enable you. For the price even if it’s garbage it’s worth picking up.

3 Likes

Hi Tim
Been using drop V2 rda and I’m pretty happy with it. For $12 usd from 3fvape. Would say it’s better than the drop rda v1.5. The top cap doesn’t come off. U just take the build deck out . It looks like a mushroom. I havent used many rdas so I can’t give U a comparison. haven’t experimented with coil placement to see which is better.

1 Like

Well good sir, enabling me? Mission accomplished! :rofl: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m having an issue with my cotton burning in half inside my coils so when I remove the cotton is in two pieces with nothing inside the coil, why would this happen?

2 Likes

@TimWV I remember someone posting about this a long time ago. Can you offer any details, what tank, wattage, coil type, etc. ??

The obvious culprit is “wicking”. If a wick IS getting juice, it wont burn, but dry wicks however will.

How TIGHT is the cotton you are pulling into the coils ?

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer It was my Steam Crave Plus, using dual SS 3.0 ID 5 wrap Fralien coils @ 65W.
It could be the wicking being too tight as this has happened a few times not only this tank but others as well. I do have issues at time with my wicking, particularly using the Muji cotton either getting it too loose or too tight.

3 Likes

Without going too far off the reservation, I would still have to stick with too tight cotton. You said issues, are you getting dry hits ?

Now, let’s not rule out da cottonz JUST YET. Yes, not all cotton is made equal. I’ve used Muji before, and don’t remember any burning issues, but switched to KGD a long while back.

Do you have any other brands of cotton handy, where you could literally JUST change the cotton brand ONLY, leaving ALL other things the same ?

2 Likes

I do have some Native cotton I received as a freebie from Coil Clout a while back, I have planned on doing exactly what you said after I’m done taking care of my mother a little later this evening. Where do you get your KGD cotton?

3 Likes

Check your cotton being too tight in the juice well. Make sure it not getting too stuffed up. Make sure the cotton is snug but not overly stuffed. The wells are small on the post less deck so rake the cotton enough to allow it to block the hole but but not so tight it blocks the flow of juice especially on larger ID coils.

3 Likes

YES, def. set the priorities first.

It depends who’s got what sale running …

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/koh-gen-do-pure-cotton-80-pads?ID=12609411

3 Likes