Should I change to Rebuildables?

Good job! So…how was the vape?

5 Likes

That just happens to be the same RDA I’ve been using this week :grin:

6 Likes

Recheck your postscrews sometimes that helps

3 Likes

Nice one @TimWV and it looks like a great first build. Better than mine lol!

And welcome to the wonderful world of rebuildables. What I will say, if you don’t want to go down the exotic coil route, a simple twisted wire works just that little better than a singe wire :wink: in my opinion anyway and takes very little extra time.

4 Likes

It was very good however, I don’t think I have the wicking down just yet

5 Likes

It looks good @TimWV ! How’s it vaping for you?

3 Likes

Pretty good, I think I need to work on my wicking technique and fine tuning my coils. I can’t wait for my tool kit to arrive, the wire cutter I’m using has terrible cutting edges.
I will say the flavor is great and vapor production is outstanding!

7 Likes

@TimWV I can’t tell for sure but it looks like your wick could be a bit thicker going into the coils. If your RDA is popping and crackling when you fire it, that might be why. Cotton tends to relax when saturated, creating tiny air pockets that will pop when heat is applied. But if it’s not…then no worries!

4 Likes

It pops and cracks but not in the extreme I hope with practice I’ll get it right at some point

5 Likes

Don’t worry about it right now. In a week or so you will be rewicking anyway.,:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I find it hard (more a PIA) using the pad type cotton. Having to cut strips to correct width is a guessing game sometimes. It’s easier for me to take away cotton then having to add.

5 Likes

@TimWV, @TorturedZen is SPOT ON here …

4 Likes

Fingernail clippers might work better.

6 Likes

Thank you, I will try that.

3 Likes

I’ve already rewicked, it seems better but alas, I am somewhat ocd, so the wicking and coils will never seem right to me. I think that comes from being a chef for 35 years. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Same. Getting the coils to be perfectly placed and looking identical was a big problem for me. Sometimes it still happens, but I’ve learned to live with it, for the most part. In most cases, it wont matter too much. In others it makes a big difference. You’ll find out what you can get away with as you become more familiar with your devices. You tube is a huge help, as are the people here.

7 Likes

Congratulations @TimWV on your first build, it looks like you did a damn fine job of it too. Well done mate, now enjoy it.

7 Likes

OUTSTANDING @TimWV. Welcome to Rebuilding !!!

Damn straight it does @Lucas_James_Holden. And it looks a LOT better than MY first build LOL.

5 Likes

Just a FYI tidbit. The wire hold down plates on the Apocalypse have two sides, one side has a bevel machined across the edges, the other side does not. There is no right or wrong side to be face-up or face-down, either way works just fine. The idea of the beveled edge is to make it easier to insert the coil legs, acting as a self-guide to find the center gap between the plate and base it clamps against.

5 Likes

Whoa, that’s a potent arsenal you got at your fingertips! Good stuff you got.

6 Likes

Great info to know, I had a rough time with my first build, maybe that will help. Thank you!

5 Likes