Silver lining anybody?

I’m not touching that one! :wink:

5 Likes

Oh I’ll touch THAT one, all day long …

7 Likes

Oh, SD. If they had signatures here, you and Smoky would be tied for most quoted.

8 Likes

That’s why I said it under by breath!

Wouldn’t want to derail @Josephine_van_Rijn ‘s thread, it’s one that I’ve enjoyed following lately !
Just happens to be something I finally get some extra time to spend on😎

7 Likes

I understand your position. I hope you also relied to the poster who takes a swipe at the USA.

4 Likes

Yes, he was warned and has been good ever since. Well, on this thread at least :grin:

4 Likes

Another silver lining, I get to hone in on actual cooking recipes that soothe the MF’n soul!

6 Likes
5 Likes

Hurray for Julius K9

4 Likes

Grateful to have taken the time to witness, record, process, and compile a fair amount of floral beauty found locally in Nature, when in good light. Few flowers yet this year (been cloudy and a bit cold). (In Spring 2018) this particular auspicious cluster of Crocuses was “supernatural” in late afternoon light to the camera’s eye (Panasonic LX7 RAW, DxO Optics Pro, PaintShop Pro X4, XnView export to JPG):

11 Likes

If it doesn’t have the background, I would think it’s a Balinese / Tropical style painting. Beautiful!

7 Likes

I have the better part of 1,000 images (of my local creek area, and domestic flowers along the way) in a gallery here that you and others might enjoy. Select “Rows = 25” in the control located near the top of the web-page in order to display 100 image-thumbnails per (sequential, 1-10) web-pages of thumbnails. Left-click on thumbnails to expand. Select “Original” to download the uploaded JPG (w/ no re-sampling).

9 Likes

(One) more invitation to imagination. I love Moss - particularly gracing little rock islands in the Creek:

8 Likes

I (hope) that Josephine will indulge me with one more post here. No fern, moss or flower, however, ever came close to the most meaningful silver-lining in my life - knowing and being fortunate enough to witness my best friend in the world’s dream-time in infancy. Before around 3-4 years of age, children do not differentiate themselves from the world around them. They are essentially incapable of insincerity, and without any limiting self-consciousness surrounding fretting about how others perceive them. I have never, nor will I ever, enjoy and rediscover such a sense of profound and joyous wonder, as in knowing and loving my dear little friend Kendra from age 9 months to going on 15 years today. Ages 1-2 below:

:star_struck:

10 Likes

You are posting your silver linings, I don’t see a problem with that in the silver lining thread :smiley:
That is a lovely girl Raven, you should cherish that feeling :star:

I stand corrected :blush:

10 Likes

She is beautiful! <3
I know she will grow up to be a happy and healthy, smart adult! :slight_smile:
Excellent pictures, as always Raven… You have a gift for that!

9 Likes

OMG is he a she? :grin:

7 Likes

Second picture she has flowers on her shirt and third picture, flowers on her jumper and a pink shirt on…
and such a look in all of the pictures, she will grow up to be a beauty! :slight_smile: Raven, correct me if I am wrong! :slight_smile:

That mouth and those smiles! :stuck_out_tongue: happy pictures!

7 Likes

I only saw that after your post. I never look at what people wear, only faces :grin:

7 Likes

She is a cutie and he is lucky… I ended up with 4 bouncing boys, and only 1 still at home now. :hugs:

7 Likes