Simple trick that may help newbies... like me

They make a very small funnel for gun reloading ( bullets ) it is perfect for Vg/ PG/ Nic. But all these other ideas are great. I just happened to have all these little funnels sitting around from my fiancé I snatched a few before he used them of course :blush:

2 Likes

Bull City sells a 65ml funnel for $.75 that fits in all the bottles I have.

1 Like

I just got through doing a high VG 100ml mix and it took ages adding the VG content. I used condiment bottles similar to the first image for adding VG, my hand gets tired squeezing that bottle and I have to continually keep an eye on the scale’s display because mine has an auto shut off feature which sometimes kicks in as I’m adding the VG. I think I’ll saw a little bit off the bottle tip for faster VG flow on my next mix.

1 Like

I put yorker caps right on the gallon VG jugs and grabbed some inexpensive SS funnels from amazon. Some of the flavorings i use are to volatile for plastic. I mixed 4 gallons of liquid this week and didnt even break out the scales, i dont know why but i just prefer using syringes,pipettes and graduated cylinders. I have 3 scales and almost never use them. Maybe im just stubborn or tarded.

Your VG and VG based Nic will be thick. No doubt getting a slightly larger hole will be helpful. Save your money and get a scale that does not shut down, that sucks. Getting things correct with blending is important if you use nicotine in the mix. If the scale is shutting down and distracting you, that is NOT GOOD…

1 Like

I can not imagine what flavors would be too volatile for plastic being plastic is the go to container for even Sulfuric Acid. These soft plastics used for bottles as far as I know do not crack as easily as these junk plastic tanks. You got my curiosity up, what is so volatile that you can not store it in plastic?

1 Like

Banana Ripe (TFA) breaks down plastic pretty quick.

1 Like

the scale I use at the moment is a cheap one, the one I ordered on Amazon has been out of stock for weeks (American Weigh Scales LB-501). In the meantime I’ve ordered a 100ml wide mouth glass beaker that should allow me to dump my VG straight into it, rather than squeezing the VG through condiment bottles.

2 Likes

I can attest to this.

I made a banana strawberry and custard using Ripe Banana in an ex PG NIC 100ml bottle.

There was around 2% Ripe Banana in the bottle and it misted the bottle in about 2 days.

I didn’t realise and got it out of there sharpish.

The weird thing is that the concentrate comes in a plastic bottle and it’s fine. :confused:

2 Likes

Mine came in glass from TFA. It should be fine in LDPE but the tip are sometimes made out of a different plastic and i have had them break down. It also broke down a PET bottle. So now IF i use it i keep it in glass and use SS funnels.

1 Like

My squeezable 30ml juice bottles are LDPE and haven’t noticed any issues.

But that one bottle I chose for the 100ml mix I couldn’t believe it after lol.

Ripe banana is serious shit!!!

J

1 Like

Yes it is! I dont use it much anymore because of this. I also prefer the taste of Banana Cream (LA) and Banana (CAP) and oft use them in combination.

1 Like

I was wondering about the effects on the TFA bottles. Honestly I’m glad I never purchased that flavor. I went for the Banana Cream flavor instead (and love it). If it has that kind of effects on bottles that were made for holding EJuice, then that scares me. Maybe it should scare you as well…

1 Like

You’re breakin my heart! I am pretty sure I used it in my PB Banana cookie that I loved so much (and have in a plastic bottle). Now I gotta go check. I love Ripe Banana. :cry:

3 Likes

I’ve been using INW banana and TFA ripe Banana in combination.

Also with TFA banana cream too.

It’s some tasty banana treats that way lol.

J

1 Like

I have to try INW Banana very soon. You know what happened to me a couple weeks ago? I forgot to tell you this. So i ordered that one flavoring we were chatting about to mix that one juice up. I sit down to start mixing, went to remove the needle tip and for some stupid a$$ reason my hand let it go, all over the floor. I went into full ginger rage mode and punched the wall injuring my hand further.

Fortunately CHV has it so its on my WL.

1 Like

What are you like lol.

Remember it’s only a bottle of flavouring lol.

I’ll PM you now to save cluttering this thread with idle chit chat lol.

J

2 Likes

Being a soulless ginger is rough sometimes, lol.

1 Like

You could always just measure out the vg in a graduated cylinder,flask or measuring cup instead of weighing it. That is how I do it on larger batches. I weight the flavoring and nic and just measure pg ( unless its just a little bit) and vg.

1 Like

Guess what Flavor West just started selling. These fit their 4oz, 8oz, and 16oz bottles. PERFECT…

Sorry, this was not actually supposed to be directed at you @David28470, hit the wrong REPLY Button I guess…

1 Like