Single Flavour Love

Nope, neither is really what I would call a good single flavour.

I think the CAP French Vanilla is a little more rounded than the TPA Deluxe but both seem to be missing something by themselves.

I did end up mixing what I had left of the two together with some CAP Sugar Cookie V1 I had steeped and that was quite nice.

3 Likes

Osdiy lucky shot all day long @10%

3 Likes

@Kinnikinnick A bit off subject but the closest I could find was a very old thread. I’m trying to get more info on INW tobacco flavor steeping times. I read a lot of notes but not everyone mentions their steep. I get the sense that 2 weeks is average?

2 Likes

I leave all my mixes for 2 weeks but have noticed than Inawera seem to get better with age.
Therefore my humble opinion would be a minimum of 2 weeks.
A shock Inawera tobacco for me was their Tobacco smoke & prunes. The smell out of the bottle was vile but the taste was unique and good. I mixed that at 3% and steeped it for 4 weeks. From memory I left it until last of that particular mixing session due to the pungent aroma.
Personally I don’t rate their “for pipe” range that I’ve tried and found their Cuban cigar terrible.
I also enjoy their Tobacco Cavendish at 2.5% steeped for 4 weeks and find it an excellent ingredient to a recipe.

Another point I’ll raise on the smoke and prunes is it’s impossible to use as a stealth vape as the smell is a lingering and strong one. I’m not allowed to use that one in the house!

3 Likes

Thank you for replying. It really helps because I recently mixed
5 Inawera tobaccos and I wouldn’t want to vape them before their time and get the wrong impression. I recently inherited several INW tobaccos from a friend and there’s 2 Cavendish. Tobacco Cavendish WG and Tobacco Cavendish Type WG What’s the difference? All I know is that WG means Wera Garden. I used the Cavendish and I thought it had a prune-ish smell to it. Not in a bad way. I used it in a peach recipe to make a peach tobacco and I think I’m going to like it.

The others I have steeping are Am4A, Gold Ducat, Gold for Pipe, 555 Gold and Virgina Absolute. She sent me ones I never heard of like Falcon Eye, Don Hill…

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know but can tell you that the one I have is listed on the vendors site as Tobacco Cavendish WG but simply states Tobacco Cavendish on the bottle. It certainly has a slight prune type taste to me too but in an enjoyable way.

Out of the others you listed I have tried two being;

1/ Gold for pipe which I mixed at 2.5% and found it ok but not great, tasting a little grassy. I’ve tried that one in a recipe too but it just got drowned out.
2/ Gold Ducat which I was unfortunately a little disappointed in as I noticed others seemed to praise it. I mixed this at 3% but only tasted a slight tobacco with a faint aniseed lurking? It wasn’t bad but I was hoping for more. I haven’t tried it in a recipe yet.

Subsequently I’ve bought one more Inawera tobacco which is Royal Club Tobacco but haven’t tried it yet. To be honest I probably wouldn’t have bought it but the vendor had a 60% off sale going at the time and I simply thought why not?

I seem to do that quite often!

3 Likes

Yea, I know, I can’t resist a good deal either. Thx for your insights/opinions. I do remember @Kinnikinnick saying that Gold for Pipe shouldn’t be mixed with anything as it stands on it’s own and will only be “desecrated” by other flavors. I’ll find out for myself when it’s time for testing. I think I’ll take a look around on Inawera’s website. I have a feeling that the Cavendish is probably the same with just a different labeling name. I am enjoying it though. I need to correct myself…the bottle I’m using says Cavendish Type. I saw the two different names on the ELR recipe side on the dropdown menu for flavors. That doesn’t mean a thing since people are always inputting data in different ways and it gets confusing.

3 Likes

I agree with the confusion with the drop down menu and question my search regularly.
In regards to the Gold For Pipe,personally I just don’t rate it much and believe there’s far better available in my stash.
It was just drowned out completely in the couple of recipes I tried it with. I was hoping to have an accent of tobacco but got nothing.

At the end of the day I always think we’re all unique with different expectations and tastes. It’s part of the enjoyment for me but do find it frustrating at times!

4 Likes

Trying Inawera Cactus since Sunday, 1.1%. Good single flavour ADV.

5 Likes

The most amazing single flavour I can recall would be Rainbow Sherbet (Top Shelf) by One On One… It’s super strong, but the flavour is so amazing off of it…

Kinda pricey though.

2 Likes

Not for me, but for my apartment mate, he enjoys a low percentage FA’s Dark Vapure as his ADV. Another friend I mix for likes two coffee flavors as her ADV’s…DV’s Cafe Braziliano and FA’s Coffee Espresso. They are so easy to please.

4 Likes