Sliverline/Capella?

What’s the point, or difference between standard Capella flavours and Sliverline?

I only ordered one bottle because they’re $4 cheaper than regular cap flavours spp I figure Silverline must be some budget Capella crap.

But I dunno, hence the question.

1 Like

Just a different range produced in-house I believe. Some, but not all are a bit weaker. They have a few good flavors in there. I like the CAP Silverline fruit circles but it needs to be used around 6%. A few versatile ones in there like 27 Fish and Bears can be useful when making candies.

4 Likes

So I don’t need to be clamoring to grab them like they’re the platinum edition flavours then? :slight_smile:

1 Like

They also have Sobucky Super Aroma 30ml bottles for $5, but even with the recent thread somewhere here about SSO, when I see $5 for a 30mL bottle I just think “Yuck”, hard pass thanx.

I’ve only got around 40 flavours presently of course, though all are 30mL and 120mL bottles because nowhere in Oz seems to sell 15mL ones, but even with 40 flavours I’m already starting to wonder how many I’ll actually get around to really using so I’m trying to keep the cupboard free of cheap shit or flavours I won’t use already.

I already know I hate fruit flavours and am steadily fixed on custards and desserts, and really how many flavours… don’t answer that - I know, thousands…

1 Like

Well some of the flavors are a bit unique, they are the ones I would go for. Others you can find better versions of. Which ones are you interested in? I can give you an opinion on yes or no if you like. For example I wouldn’t get the whipped cream as there are better ones but I would get the fruit circles as it is loopish without pledge and I use it in recipes. I wouldn’t get the blueberry, meringue or biscuit as there are better in their class.

4 Likes

I only tossed one bottle of Silverline in the cart: whipped marshmallow.

Only because I don’t have a MM at the moment so why not.

Everything else was straight Capella plus a bottle of “Canadian type” from inw because,… dunno I liked the red and gold label :smirk: and I like maple syrup, course.

Should update my flavour stash really… that’s several orders lacking in bottles now.

1 Like

SSA have quite a few very good ones. Do not let the low price point put you off.

5 Likes

That does put me off, but also they’ve only just started with the SSO line, so they don’t have many flavours of theirs: mostly fruit with only what one or two creamy/desert flavours so I flicked right back to the cap listings… where’s the link…

$6.95, not $5.95 - still cheap enough to make me blugh them… and you see in the link there’s only 6-8 flavours there anyway at the moment.

1 Like

The marshmallow is light. My favorite marshmallow at the moment is OOO vanilla marshmallow and I also like FLV marshmallow vanilla.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ll have to start getting flavorah: they’ve got a 30mL bottle of vanilla that’s $50… like liquid fn gold - it’d wanna taste like it too.

1 Like

You must be in Australia? Where about? I can vouch for all of those SSA flavors at VE except I get butyric notes from the whipped cream which i am sensitive to. The butyric notes might take 2 weeks to steep out of the whipped cream. I have not tried the milk caramel cream but hear mixed reviews on it.

3 Likes

You should consider ordering from Chefs. You can then get smaller bottles to try first. Shipping is reasonable and there is a massive range.

3 Likes

The Blue Mountains, NSW.

Until recently I was only ordering from Vapetrain Australia because I was using the NZ vapoureyes site to order from and that site fuckin’ sucks compared to the Australian version: the NZ one where I order my nicotine so I didn’t bother looking at the .com.au site until a few weeks back and saw there’s fuckin’ everything there!

Since then I’ve been adding the cap flavour standards to my cart and only using the NZ site for nic base.

Dunno why they would have such a shitful range on the NZ site, but whatever I’ve found the local one now.

1 Like

Yeah but where is Chef’s located, and how reasonable are the shipping times?

I expect it ready for collection at my local post office within 2 days or I don’t wanna order from a given site and everything locally gets here that quick - everything except the nic base from VENZ: that’s a week, but nic base is boring anyway so I’m fine waiting for that.

1 Like

Chefs is in the UK. Takes about 2 weeks but you will save money instead of buying 30ml bottles you can get small ones to try. . If you are prepared to wait. Shipping is flat rate about 9 pounds. Get a few local ones to get you by and then order the others. I tried to send you a message but it says you are not accepting messages.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t. I’ve never set anything like that.

I’ll check…

It had “Only allow specific users to message me” checked, even though there’s no users in the list underneath :smirk:

Still though: 2 weeks waiting and 9 pounds postage: that’s around $AUD30, and 15mL bottles annoy me - three squirts and their enpty, then you gotta wait another few weeks for the next shipment.

I am nowhere near patient enough for that: I’ll order a 100mL without even trying it if I think the flavour is generally well loved enough to warrant it, then I’m set for… like the VTA Warm Custard: I’ve still got enough of that for another countless custard mixes before I have to worry about ordering more.

Though I’ve also finally ordered Capella VC v1 and TRIED to get the 60mL bottle right off the bat, but it was out of stock :angry:

Fuckin “other vapers” always buying shit on me :frowning:

1 Like

Silverline silver = second place i guess but a bit weaker and cheaper

5 Likes

Well, there’s no place in my cupboard for that at all :thinking:

Only step up left to really make is to start on the Flavorah line - but I’ve only recently started stocking-up on Capella, so when I’ve got all the basic dessert/custard/creams from them I’ll step it up to FLV

1 Like

If you like custards try this. https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3074299/Yellow%20matter%20custard%20dripping%20from%20a%20dead%20dog's%20eye%20%20--%20%20lukeloop

3 Likes

I will one day, when I’ve got the flavours: no point subbing if your making a specific recipe, since I’d only be making a different version of it.

2 Likes