Smok tfv4 mini!

I did, and it’s cool! But I am partial to Ti (and SS) :smile:

1 Like

Just what I was thinking… I’m so glad I got the larger 6ml size. I will certainly get a 22 mm one when they come out.

@Joya i ended up buying 2 full size tfv4’s but i will also be getting the 22mm one for the rebuildables mainly although I’ll probably try the clapton stock coils just to see. waiting on the postie delivering my Billow v2 today and also ordered some 317l ss. Cant wait to combine both. Whoopeee!

1 Like

Whoopeee indeed

1 Like

HI Pattie, My little bit of research on Stainless Steel told me the 316 IS better to use than the 304. I don’t know anything about the 317. Just watched a video on how to stop the Billow from leaking. He tucked a piece of cotton on the base just behind and below the coils. I’m wondering if that would help my Zephyrus. After getting these TVF4s and Crowns I doubt I’ll be using anything else though. I put a new Titanium coil in my Zephyrus and I’m trying it out for flavor, ect. No matter what I do, (rebuilt it 3 times repeatedly before), I always get some leaking. The biggest cause is that when I screw the tank back together it loosens up the chimney (with no top). If I eliminate that and always close the air flow when I add juice, it still leaks during use.
I wonder what exactly is making the flavor so good on these Crown and TFV4 tanks? I’m putting Titanium in all my tanks this week - replacing all the Nichrome that is unsafe. I hope the Titanium has as good flavor as the Nichrome did. I’m also going to do a test to see if the RBA deck build with SS will have as good a flavor as the stock coil in the Crowns. I’ll put the exact same juice in two Crowns and compare.

1 Like

@Joya ive been on smoktech.com today and there releasing a ss stock coil very soon for the tfv4 22 mm. The coils are supposed to be able to fit into the big tfv4. I havent got the crown or the zephyrs tanks so i couldnt comment on those im afraid but wicking the singel coll tfv4 rba, ive found anyway, i tend to fan out the ends of my muji cotton and only let a small amount of cotton lie in the juice channel from the centre of the fan and then lie the rest of the fan shape like a small dam around the ledge of the rda deck. Do that both sides and dont be affraid to use the cotton remember the size of those juice channels. As for the coils and what to make them with i had a word with @Pro_Vapes today and im going with the ti myself but as im just starting out i cant offer any advice. Im playing with my Billow v2 at the moment and sorting ti coils for it but having to do a few more wraps than usual because i dont want it to drop below.2 just to be safe. I’ll let you know how i get on with the ti. :smile:

1 Like

Everyone and their brother has it on pre-order.It is available in stainless and sexy black. efun.top is the cheapest around and the pre-order sale ends Oct 31. That’s a long wait. Oh and yes, the coils are smaller and it will still be a lil guzzler.

1 Like

I seen this site online and cracked up now we can bling out our tanks inside out !

http://atomvapes.com/

24k gold baby !

2 Likes

@Amy2 can i have diamonds on mine please?:smile:

1 Like

Why not :laughing: I’ll take some too while your at it.

1 Like

Pattie, Sounds great and I’m waiting to hear how you like the titanium and how it comes out for you. I’m envious wanting a 22 mm TFV4 too, but right now, I’m not planning to get one since I’ve bought so many tanks recently. I’ll definitely get one if something even better doesn’t come along.
Seems like companies always come out with more to add later - of course so they can make more $$. After I found my misplaced Sigelei Mini, I was able to use my Nautiulus Mini again (that was on it). It’s a nice little tank and has excellent flavor with the Titanium coil/cotton wick I put in it. The coils are not rebuildable, but I rebuild them so I can use Ti and get that flavor. It’s my good-old Apple Mix tank. It re-cooks the juice until it is dark like cider, and I love it. It will never replace the Crowns or the TFV4s, cause it’s light and never leaks, even in my purse. I wish they would have made the TFV4 so that you can completely close off the airflow. Mine has a bit of leak even with the air holes closed as much as possible. I also use silica wick sometimes and sometimes oJ cotton. The silica doesn’t get charred as easily and I can tie some neat knots in my drippers with it. As for flavor - ceramic is the bomb too. I still want to compare Stainless steel to Titanium. I am running temp control on 2 of my mods. I am converted… I like it better than without. I like the iron (you iron your clothes with) analogy. Contoll is much better than just applying heat more and more.

1 Like

@Joya. Hi joya, i havent beem able to find out about ti due to my x cube 2 playing up. I dont know what it is, my laptop or the x cube or smoktech.com or all 3. It just will not update and now my laptop wont download the file to allow me to update, soooo frustrating :rage: Im on the fence about the ipv4 but my daughter said i cant buy it just now i have to wait until xmas. Mmmm wonder what im getting off santa​:smirk: So at the moment im using ss317l, in vv/vw mode. Brilliant, nice clean taste. Got duel coil 317l ss at 0.14 ohm. Far better choice than kanthal even on vv/vw. Already changed most of my tanks to it its that good. But for temp control im still using ni200. Frustrating! Got my twisted messes rda today so going to mess around with that, I’ll try ss in there see how i come on and use kanthal clapton on my mutation x4 , same juice and taste the difference, kanthal vrs ss! You still seem to have leaking issues with your tfv4, i can honestly say that i dont have any. If any thing mind i seem to use quite a bit of muji cotton to get it right but it works well and no dry hits even after chain vaping. Mabey try a little too much then scale back, see how you get on. :blush:

have you tried removing the files from your pa and starting over…?

I don’t have leaking on my TVF4. I was saying I had leaking with my Zypherus.
I’m feeling so bad for you having all the frustration with updating your X Cube and because of that, can’t try out titanium. I’m not that specific at all… Not knowledgeable about temp control. Just turn it on and try to set it. I don’t have anything that asks what type of wire i’m using. All this stuff is quite confusing at times. I’ve got an IVP I need to update and I just haven’t done it. I hit one of those frustrating download roadblocks and just decided I had better things to worry about right now.
Well Xmas is a long way away. I like to wait to get things for awhile because usually better things come along.

1 Like

@joya managed to get the x cube updated last night :smile: It was my internet protection kept the file hidden when it dowloaded so I’m now up to date and unroling the titanium. I’ll let you know how i get on. Sorry joya i thought it was your tfv4, i dont have the zypherus but I’m sure someone on ELR has had the same problems and can mabey help you with that. I mentioned the ipv4 as it is the upgrade version, hopefully its free or any bugs and fixes. Mind like you say just turn it on and toke it. Ha. Thanks joya!

1 Like

@quitter1 managed to get it updated last night my friend it was my internet protection not letting me download the file. Thanks mate.

1 Like

@Joya just an update, since the upgrade im able to use ni200, ti coil, ss coil and kanthal. Been on the ss coils just now but will make some ti coils today and let you how i get on. :smile:

1 Like

https://m.fasttech.com/p/3546500 Found this for the new TFV4 mini kit 20 day delay and then shipping though. Any thoughts?

1 Like

…Just another pre-order :smile:

2 Likes

Just checked a few places and its on pre order there too. My bad. :+1:

2 Likes