Smok tfv4 mini!

Hey Pattie, So how’s it been for ya since the XCube update? I JUST got finished updating my IPV4. I bought it and it wasn’t even temp control till you download software updates for it. I tried 3, ya THREE times to get it done. Like a lot of folks, it seemed the cord they gave ya didn’t work. I tried 4 different cords over and over again and watched a video and you name it, till finally it moved along and udated the SOAB. Now, all I see on the screen so far is “set resistance at x”. So, I know it now has temp control. Must figure out how to bring up the settings, ect. Smoking Key Lime Pie well at 21 watts in a Crown at .2 ohms.

Finally wore out one of my factory Crown coils, so I’ll pull it apart maybe tomorrow morning to see if I can rebuild it… just for the heck of it. I’ve got 4 Crown RBA coils, so I don’t need to, but I’ll try it anyway.

I got one of my packages from Fastech (ordered 34 days ago) that’s got oh so nice jade drip tips in many colors that I LOVE. They are bullet shaped and the hole is just small enough to extrude a tiny bit of juice/flavor at the tip. They remind me of “A Little Pee Pee”. Ya, that sweet. They break very easily though. I already broke one of them. If your tank falls over on the table, it snaps off leaving the quarter-inch in your tank broken off and still in the tank. I originally had one, broke it and sanded it down to fix it. I like that one even better because it’s a little shorter now. Oh with all this talk, I should include a photo. Here’s the green one:

#4. SKU 1625503 - Natural Jade Stone Bullet 510 Drip Tip

This purple Drip Tip Insulator that I got is also really pretty.
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1770502 SKU 1554107 -

Also my Stainless Steel wire arrived. I’ve got 3 sizes: 32g, 30g and 28g. Let’s see what I can do… Will be simple, nothing too fancy like some of the builds in the ‘show off’ thread.

Got to mix some juice tomorrow. Oh and great news guys… My kids signed over custody of my granddaughter. Halalulia!!! Maybe less drama now. Please let us know how you are getting along. xo

1 Like

@Joya hey joya x cube’s been a dream now it’s all updated ( till the next update😄) But what a carry on to get it done. Worth it now though. Been using the titanium and stainless of late with the temp control sinse then, never really bothered with kanthal. Taste differences between the 3 wire types is like day and night. Stainless over kanthal and titanium over stainless all the way.
I’m getting an IPV4s soon and didn’t know about the updates, or is that just for the IPV4? I’m busy using the crown tank aswell, well impressed with that one, but find for a .2 ohm I’m vaping at 40-45w and she chucks clouds at that with a nice warm vape. Mmm…:ok_hand:
When you set your resistance (ie the coil resistance (.2ohm) should be set at room temperature) for your coil it should lock that in so when it heats up it has the base resistance to reference from.
I haven’t had a chance to get the rebuildable for the crown but its on my shopping list along with some more flavours, been getting a lot of use out of my e vic mini of late. Just upgraded it to 75w. The easiest update I’ve done to date. Took seconds😏. Well impressed with that little thing. Tc works a dream.
I have a cpl of orders pending with FT, but i tend to order and forget so when it shows its like a suprise :tada::balloon::slight_smile:
Hope this finds you well. Cheers.

2 Likes

Or