Smok TFV4, one tank to rule them all

When are you gonna start building coils. That’ll give full control of your vape. I think I build a much better coil than those stock coils anyway. It’s time burst that cherry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Has anyone had a problem with this tank leaking down into the bottom of the tank with juice pouring out of the air holes? I have taken it apart and put back together only to have the same problem. I put the triple coil on it and it leaked as well as the rba.

do you put the coil into the base first or attach it to the tank first??

I know…I really need to get a tank to use as a guinea pig to twist on and just do it! Even more now since I am in off season down here and this is the ONLY time in the year I can work on anything…
Question for you @pro_vapes, I’m getting mixed comments here…is there a rba for the crown or not? I thought there was and I’m almost positive you bought one? Now I’m getting comments about how would I twist for the crown with no RBA and on the thread where the guy was debating getting a crown or the TFV4 someone said well with the TFV4 you can get a RBA, meaning you can’t for the crown?

1 Like

Yep there is an RBA.

1 Like

Ok I thought so, I don’t know what they were talking about then-
Thanks PV

I have the cotton I just need some coil…
Have you ever done anything with titanium coils? I was thinking about starting there?

:wink:

1 Like

I’ve got a 10 pound roll of 24g stainless if you pm me w ur address I could send you some?

2 Likes

He does and I can confirm, the lad sent me some already. I thank him for that. Beware though that shit is ssssspringy as a mofo!

1 Like

Extremely generous of him! It looks like my first coils will be SS then :slight_smile: I need an ohm reader though…and 2 RBAs and patience…the later will be the hard one to get :wink:

When I get back on my feet I have a lot of thank you packages to send out to the people here-
One big fam for sure!

2 Likes

I have a stack of Japanese organic cotton that has been sitting in my lab for over a year, it will be nice to finally use it!

1 Like

should have prefaced with your evil alchemist voice…

2 Likes

Be sure not to screw the head in too tight, or you risk distorting the o-ring on the coil head, leading to massive leaks.

2 Likes

Ok, got my Ti wire in the mail today. I rebuilt my Delta II and Freakshow. Delta II is decent - good in fact. I just don’t seem to get the full on vapor production like I would with a Kanthal build. Same with the Freakshow although it is much better. Both builds came out to approx .3 ohm. Where I’m confused is what is a safe temperature to run Ti wire. I’ve read somewhere on here that due to the difference in resistance that Ti is about half of Ni. However, I find my sweet spot with Nickel at around 510F. With Ti 260 doesn’t do squat. I get better results over 500 with Ti but I’m afraid to do that as it is an area I’m not familiar with. So until I hear otherwise I have max Temp for the Ti build at 460. It’s getting me by but nothing like I get with Kanthal.

1 Like

Titanium is safe up to about 900o C - so feel free to experiment over 500o F - I regularly vape at around 540o F (280o C)…

1 Like

Thanks Lars! So if I may ask one more question. I only have one TC device (until I win the Xcube 2 that is :slight_smile: ) and it doesn’t use joules it uses watts. I’m wondering how to determine what is a good setting for that or is it merely a user preference?

Watts/joules is basically your ramp-up time. You just gotta figure out what you like. I usually start with a small number, then step it up until I’m satisfied :smile:

1 Like

Thanks. I’m sorry, it seems I’ve hijacked this thread so I’ll stop with this reply. I aplogize @SirRisc

I will say Lars that I’m feeling much better now and I appreciate your input. I just stuck the Delta at 540F and 38 watts. Excellent! Vapor production is still not that of Kanthal but it’s not bad. I will also say what I’ve found a little funny the last few days. And I think it’s just till a person gets used to it. All of a sudden vapor basically stops. I’ll think there’s something wrong with the device only to find it working exactly as it should because the tank is empty! :slight_smile: I’m used to the Delta running out of juice because I can’t see the level very good and that nasty, burnt cotton taste is my queue to fill up. It’s nice to not have that anymore!

3 Likes

This tank should come with a built in frother as I am about to mix straight into the tank to keep up with its needs!!!

3 Likes

No worries, as long as you get good advice it’s worth it :wink:

2 Likes

@daath do you know if the RBA is included in the giveaway? I’m assuming our giveaway here is the same as the one I just won and there are a few “kits” out there and they all contain something different. I think I’m getting the “Cloud Machine” kit since that’s the one paired with the cube, which I believe doesn’t come with any coils or an RBA outside of a pre-installed triple.
My fingers are crossed I get an rba in the kit, since I’m so damn close to popping my coil twisting cherry as @Pro_Vapes put it…well that…and I’m broke hehe

1 Like