SMOK XCube II Titanium TCoR Setup Issues

Ok, I have been meaning to ask this for a while but just now getting around to it. I have mentioned I have the Koopor Mini and that it appears as though much of the software is the same as the XCube. The Koopor Mini does have adjustment setting for the TCoR but says it is for nickel, no change when in Titanium Wire Mode, still asks for nickel. When you guys upgraded software did it then allow changes for TCoR for Titanium Wire? Barely matters cause there apparently will not be any upgrades for the Koopor Mini but just got to knowā€¦

Also, all this studying I have been doing about wire told me there is a coefficient for Ti but can not find that Stainless Steel has a coefficient. Is there no such thing for SS wire (A Coefficient)?

1 Like

SS is 0.00100 I believe, Ti is 0.00035 IIRC

2 Likes

Well, my temp control went back to Ni and when I try to log in to the app (too give them all my data in exchange for continued use of the device I purchased) it doesnā€™t work. Canā€™t use my smok Ti coil, canā€™t use the 350ft of Ti wire I bought or my dual deck in TC.

I am REALLY starting to hate this company. I have all black mod and TFV4 and am thinking of selling it for some other TC mod. I vape to relax and this is pissing me off. Iā€™ve got an unused 6 coil, 4 coil, Ti coil, new dual deck, used single. Actually do t even feel right selling it.

Whatā€™s the competing unit. A crown tank and what TC mod?

1 Like

IPV4s or IPV3 LI

1 Like

I also have the black xcube2. I havenā€™t got a single good hit yet and itā€™s been almost 2 wks since I got it. Iā€™m currently waiting for a reply from EFun for my refund. Iā€™ve just about had my fill of some of these lower priced TCMs. Iā€™ve read a lot of good things about the DNA200 TCMs. Iā€™m making that my next TCM purchase. Itā€™s time try a American made mod to see if the quality is better.

Sigelei is releasing a 200w TCM soon. I love the quality of a Sig. They also stepped up their features for this release with Ti support.

Snow Wolf is also releasing a new 200w TCM with Ti support.

Iā€™m pretty sure they will be more expensive than the xcube2, but quality and reliability should be much better with an added bonus of solid tech support.

My next purchase will be between these three. No more cheap mods for meā€¦ and definitely no more mods flying the Smok flag.

I think Iā€™ll be jumping on the DNa200 train for my next purchase as well . More than likely a cheap model but all the same chip . Been eyeballing the hotcig ā€¦just for sheer price and you can actually buy replacement batts off fasttech.

1 Like

Well, itā€™s an ivp3 li v2 for me for now and a bellus rta to round it out, why the heck not? The TFV4 is one helluva a tank that has stopped my dripping and driving

BUT

Smok can go smoke a bag of roosters. May their beds be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels AND they be driven out of business.

3 Likes

Or stick with making tanks. They seem to have that one figured out.

2 Likes

I was stupid to buy a second xcube2 after it took me nearly 3 days to set up my first one. I thought I had it all figured out, but this new one has me stumped me. Iā€™m doing my best to be patient with EFun. Iā€™ll give them another couple of days, then Iā€™m contacting PayPal.

I currently have an ipv3 li, and I just received a confirmation that I have 2 belluses on the way.

1 Like

Iā€™m with you all. SMOK, has definitely lossed all my business. Tanks have came a long way with smok, but theres also plenty of really good tanks out there. As for mods, forget about it, too much hassle they havenā€™t got a clue. All Iā€™ve heard with smok are ppl having problems, not vaping just problem solving. Havenā€™t got the time.
The new Snow wolf and an ipv4 s for me.

2 Likes

Thats the beauty of pay pal. :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi Sir,

I have recently bought SMOK X Cube II TC Activated (Night Black), have check in the website and was certified authentic. On the same day receiving the mod, i have update the mod from 1.080 to 1.093. After the update done on the mod, i notice the mod only have TC-Ni option.
Soon after i tried to download app from Google Playstore, but the application craches every time i try to login. Soon i found out this issue only works on iPhone phones only. With this crashing app issue, i was not able to use the application to update for Ti and SS option.
I would like to seek your advice, does TC Activated by default only has TC-Ni option?
I eventually borrowed my friend iphone to activate Ti mode (Purchase Ti mode), but i could not see the TC-Ti option on the mod, only after activate via phone then i can use Ti setup. Is this normal?
Another thing i notice is that when i swap coils from Kanthal to Ti, it seem Ti is not detected; manual change has to be done via the phone.

Yes, a TC Activated xCube II only has Nickel by default. You have to purchase TI and SS support, which I see you have done. Remember the login information you created for this! If you have to re-do it at any point you will need this login so as to not have to purchase it againā€¦I do believe it goes by login only. Also, any time you update the firmware on the xCube you also have to re-activate TI and SS. You need the app for that but if you have your login info you used the first time you will not have to re-purchase them.

To swap from one type wire to another without the app, do this -

• Click the fire button quickly 3 times to enter the menu
  • Click the fire button quickly 1 time to select Mode menu
  • Click and hold the fire button to enter Mode menu)
  • Click the fire button quickly until the mode you want appears (watt,
    memory, temp control)
  • Once the mode you want appears, click and hold to set
  • If you choose Temp Mode, next will appear the wattage range
    represented by MIN, SOFT, NORMAL, HARD and MAX. Iā€™ve found this
    helpful when moving up or down in wire gauge builds. Lower for
    smaller wire, higher for thicker wire or more wraps. You quick click
    through to your desired wattage range and then click and hold to set.
  • Next will be wire type. Again, quickly click to cycle through NI, TI
    and SS. Click and hold to set.
  • The next will be your coefficient setting. I would leave this alone
    until youā€™ve vaped this device and find it either is or isnā€™t working
    properly in temperature control. If it is working properly then no
    need to adjust your coefficient. If not, you may choose to increase
    or decrease it. Keep in mind however that when you change the
    coefficient it will change how your mod reads fluctuations in
    resistance and either allow the atty to get hotter before engaging
    temp control or not hot enough. Experimentation has been most
    everyoneā€™s method here, there is no true guideline, although this
    thread does have some useful information. Once you have settled on a
    coefficient or otherwise chose to leave as is, another click and hold
    to set this.
  • Next will show your wire (TI, NI or SS) and either SC (single coil)
    or DC (dual coil) Again, quick click to cycle between them and
    click/hold to set.

Thatā€™s it. You donā€™t need the app to make these adjustments.

Here you go @KnightFox I made this video for you demonstrating the above steps.

3 Likes

I use the app on my androidā€¦

Hi Sir,

The issue i am facing with the update 1.093 is that, under wire type cycle in the mod i can only see TC-Ni only, pressing fire button or + or - button it is not working.

1 Like

Knight,

Have you tried going back in the app to reactivate your purchases? Iā€™ve heard others that have had to after the upgrade. It doesnā€™t charge you a second time, but was an extra step that was needed.

1 Like

Purchasing the TI and SS support through the app doesnā€™t automatically activate it. Once the purchase is complete, from the app you go to setting (the gear icon) and then Upgradation. From there you click upgrade for the wires types you purchased.

1 Like

You mean the app isnā€™t causing you to force stop every time you try to up-gradation (gotta love it)? What phone are you running and what version of operating system?

Iā€™m samsung galaxy note 4 android version 5.1.1.

1 Like

iPhone. Whatever the latest IOS is

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the advice, i dont think i can use the app for now as the apps has a coder bug which the Smok need to fix. I have highlighted in thier fb page.
This issue impact all android usersā€¦ sigh